Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-16, 07:35 AM  
PrairieGem

Have you thought about running shoes? Super-lightweight, very supportive, well-ventilated, made for very high impact....

My current pair are Brooks Ghost 7s, which I love... but I have extraordinarily picky feet and require very odd features (like overlays that don't affect my bunions). If you have an easy-to-fit foot, any running shoe (that fits you well & feels comfortable) should work.

I don't generally wear them for my indoor workouts, because I sized up a full size for running (as recommended), and they feel strange on carpet--a bit like clown shoes! LOL But if I'd bought my regular size I bet I'd love 'em.
Old 07-25-16, 07:42 AM  
Tugger31

I currently wear running shoes for my workouts that have a fitted insert. I still feel like I could use more cushion, but I don't want to sacrifice the light weight of my running shoe. I also feel my running shoes (and maybe just running shoes in general) lack lateral support. My feet often ache on the lateral part of my feet after a high impact workout or any workout with alot of side to side movement.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 08:08 AM  
marki64

Brooks are very cushiony and I have grown to love Under Armour. I think they are my faves for trainers and running. Note: I don't spend a lot of money on shoes anymore, simply because I think they are so cheaply made these days and find the ones I have bought that are in the $50-$60 range are just as good if not better than the $100.00 ones.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 08:15 AM  
twinkletoes

I bought and love these from KOHL'S

Here are more to choose from: Kohl's shoes
Old 07-25-16, 09:27 AM  
Rhonda

I need good arch support. I don't like spending 100's of dollars on shoes. I would rather stay in the $50 average price range.

I was using ryka for a very long time but they don't seem to be as supportive anymore.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 10:43 AM  
nschultz

What about going to a running store and having them measure your foot strike on the treadmill? Then they'll let you know the best support shoe for your gait. The shoes will probably be more expensive, however you typically get a good fit.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 12:42 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I need good arch support. I don't like spending 100's of dollars on shoes. I would rather stay in the $50 average price range.

I was using ryka for a very long time but they don't seem to be as supportive anymore.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Try on Under Armour and see what you think. I have 3 pair and I think they all have good arch support. I have high arches and think they are pretty comfy.
Old 07-25-16, 01:06 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I actually work out barefoot. Someone from my checkin (an ultrarunner) said she does because it helps work your feet and ankles and I find that's really true. I do have carpet in my workout room. If I didn't, I'd put down puzzle mats. The only time I really wear shoes for an in-home workout is for step.

For the record, I've had a couple of foot injuries (overuse, due to running), have high arches and my feet don't seem to like anything other than Earth shoes and Vionics lately. The barefoot workouts really have built up some muscles.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-16, 09:10 PM  
Tugger31

I bought a pair of shoes today at a local outlet store. New Balance Cush. Hope they "work out"
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 07:58 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I bought a pair of shoes today at a local outlet store. New Balance Cush. Hope they "work out"
I love my NB Cush. I have had them for 1 1/2 years and they are holding up well. I rotate between my NB and UA shoes depending on what type of workout I do. I think you will be happy with them.

Tags
shoes, shoes for high impact, shoes for plyometrics