Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-20, 07:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, haha on the rolling off the prop! I totally did that in another video, with a bit of a "oof!" even. Buying masks online is definitely a rabbit hole! I've purchased 2 separate ones from 2 different Etsy sellers, but I find that then I'm sort of retro-fitting them myself. I am now thinking about buying a cheap 5-pack from Old Navy (cute designs and I think only $15) and then adding an adhesive nose strip, which can also be had for cheap.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 09:35 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Anny, I can't tolerate swimming in ice cold water so I would avoid ocean swimming in the winter too.
Is your son's birthday on July 4th? Our youngest son's birthday is July 4th.

Cyana, sorry the site got locked up on Etsy and you didn't get your masks. That's so frustrating.
Have fun at the Farmer's market.

Beth, I have not tried this but I've heard of people using surgical tape to tape the top of the mask across their nose to avoid glasses steaming up.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 06:24 AM  
Garrie A.

Sandra, thanks for starting us off! I always love the title thread theme this time of year. I still prefer wearing shoes when I do heavier weight work and cardio (where I usually gravitate towards step aerobics and spin bike). Sorry to hear about the 500 error. It annoys me every time I get it. Our local library hasn't opened yet. I have a feeling we will be on and off with restrictions until there's a vaccine or herd immunity.

Beth: We almost twinned with a Firm on Sunday, but I did Volume 6. Every time I do a Firm or Cathe with leg presses/high step ups, I always feel them in my glutes the next day. It is hard to fit everything I want to workout-wise in a week. Congrats on going to an outdoor class! We are experiencing our hottest weather of the year in SW VA this weekend. No plans on the 4th for me.

Paine: Those Bar Method workouts (any barre for that matter) are very sneaky. I loathe running. LOL!

Carolyn: We're so glad you joined us! I need to try the rest of the Build & Burn workouts--the lower body and kettlebell/kickbox workouts look great. I pre-ordered Kelly's newest the first day of the pre-order.

Anny: Happy Birthday to your son! Great idea to get the portable DVD player.

Cyana: Have fun at the farmer's market! The other post-Benson era Firms that remind me of the Classics are Total Muscle Shaping (Stephanie Huckabee, from the BSS3/"death box" series) and Aerobic Body Shaping (Allie Del Rio, from the BSS4/TransFirmer series).

Waves all around!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 06:27 AM  
Garrie A.

Here has been my workout week so far. Not one of my best, though.

Sunday:
The Firm: Volume 6 (fun to revisit although I will need to use heavier weights for a few of the sequences).

Monday:
No workout (unplanned rest day)

Tuesday:
Cathe's Muscle Max

Wednesday:
45 minutes mowing

Thursday:
Gilad's Quick Fit: Chest and Back followed by Shoulders and Arms

Yesterday:
30 minutes mowing
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 08:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, glad you checked in! Everyone has an off week now and then. Are you still following a rotation or gearing up to do a new one?

Paine, for my masks that didn't come with wire, I sewed a little piece in; it does help some.

Happy 4th of July! It was already 77*F here when I checked the temp this morning (before 9 a.m.!); I think were are supposed to get up to above 90. The yoga class was HOT last night but at least there was a breeze. It was a pretty gentle class, so I mostly didn't mind, but one of the instructors (there were 2) admitted she was miserable. At the end for shavasana, they encouraged the students to go under the bit of shady area next to the building, but me and one other brave soul said that we liked the heat and were fine in the sun.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 10:24 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1316
Fitness Becomes You Volume 1 Program C Upper Body work

I have 2 more episodes of Season 13 left and then I'll share my thoughts about the season in general.

Garrie, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates running!

Beth, after I wear a mask once, I wash it with hand soap and water, squeeze it out and lay it over a towel rack to dry.
It's sunny and 73 degrees F. here today. Tomorrow it will be 75 and Monday it will be 77 degrees.
I don't like working out in the sun!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 03:03 PM  
YogaGal

I was quite busy with a work project this past week. Our college decided to finally update their website design (after talking and planning for 2 years or more) on July 1 during the summer semester. I was prepping a Google slide presentation for one of my online English classes and it took a while doing new screen captures and written instructions that changed with this update.

Recent workouts:
Wednesday: Woke up sore so I didn’t work out, but just before it got dark DH and I did a 3-mile bike ride.

Thursday: Jessica Smith’s Tone Your Trouble Zones, Flat Abs Walk and RaviAna’s House Call, Bye Bye Back Pain and Anti-Arthritis

Friday: Another evening bike ride, 4.4 miles.
Old 07-04-20, 03:05 PM  
YogaGal

Anny: Your comment about children just running reminded me of an old Bonnie Raitt song called “Blue for no reason.” Here are the beginning lyrics:

“When I was a girl, my favorite thing
In the whole wide world
Was to see a field and
Run for no reason
And off I'd go, no one behind
Only earth below
Just a patch of green, green as the season

Don't ask why, your feet just fly
Green and sky is all that you're needin
Why ask why, when all that's true
The sky is blue, blue for no reason.”

Beth: Yes, we are having a heat wave, but then I live in a desert! I like pigeon pose a lot, so I’m up for doing a practice focusing on it! Our plans for the 4th are Black Bean Burgers with the fixings on buns and watermelon for dessert.

Sandra: Our governor in AZ closed gyms and bars earlier this week, but I don’t think yoga studios were included. At least your niece has her online yoga teaching.

Paine: When I went shopping on Wednesday, I got the last item of one item and had to search for different brands of other items I needed. And a couple of things were completely out of stock.

cyana: Good for you with gradually getting to bed and getting up earlier. Sounds like we followed a similar journey to shoe-less workouts, although I was never an Imelda Marcos of shoes. Sorry to hear that the shelves at Whole Wallet are running low. My brother who lives in Texas orders delivery from WW. I’ll have to ask him if he is having any issues with out of stock items. Arg! on your almost order from Etsy. Ordering masks can be a pain. I’ve been looking for different options. I’m going to order some this week from an online source.

Garrie: This is the first time in ages that I haven’t pre-ordered Kelly's newest dvds. I have so many of hers now and just feel I should use those more often before I order any more. I’ll probably use the money I save for buying masks! The bell beeping noises in Kelly’s Build & Burn lower body workout used to irritate me, but I didn’t even notice them when I did that one a week ago. It’s a great lower body burn workout, so I’m glad I got past that.
Old 07-04-20, 08:11 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Lee Holden's Qi Gong For Healthy Digestion. I own close to a dozen Lee Holden DVDs, but there are several I have never done and this was one of them. It was a very nice routine. Earlier this morning I enjoyed a 2+ hour XLAW.

No workout yesterday. My library shifts lately have been very intense as more of our patrons discover curbside service. I spend five hours mostly on my feet, pulling and moving books. Probably helps explain why it has been hard to persuade myself to do a workout after I get home!

Garrie: I agree that Covid isn't going away any time soon, and that we will have to adapt to it both individually and as a society.

Take care everyone -- see you tomorrow at next week's check-in!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote