Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-15, 02:31 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

New Tonique-Spanish Zen download

Sylwia posted on Instagram:
Tonique Spanish Zen ( almost 2 hrs) with bonus 15 mins Zen Dance Available Now at toniquefitness.com
I had a weird message cone up with my purchase saying price was wrong as its listed and went thru for $18.50 but says its suppose to be $25. It also was suppose to include a link for downloading but none was there. I have contacted Sylwia. Instagram said site was crushed due to high demand so Im sure there lies my problem ,can't wait try it!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 05:33 PM  
Gatorfan76

Just previewed it ! Nice relaxing set, but this one looks TOUGH !

The whole workout requires no equipment and has a lot of body weight work for the upper body, planks, and EXTRA LONG sets of lunges and squats.
The entire workout was 1 hour and 51-52 minutes

Looks like another winner from Sylwia- don't think I'll be ready for this for awhile!
Old 11-02-15, 05:44 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Cheryl,

Does she use a wall for handstand stuff? I work out in an unfinished basement so I can't do stuff like that.

It's o.k. if it's at the end of the workout like in Heat. I just skip that section.

TIA,
Helen
Old 11-02-15, 06:01 PM  
Gatorfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Cheryl,

Does she use a wall for handstand stuff? I work out in an unfinished basement so I can't do stuff like that.

It's o.k. if it's at the end of the workout like in Heat. I just skip that section.

TIA,
Helen
Hi Helen!

She didn't use the wall at all, it was a LOT OF REPS with just your body weight -no props. I think this one will be pretty popular as she uses very little space. She pretty much uses a mat and the space around her mat.
This one would be a killer vacation workout!

The set looks like a meditation studio so it LOOKS relaxing but the workout is not -lol !

I forgot to add there is an additional 15-18 minute dance workout that comes in a separate file. Typical dancy Sylwia cardio with some high impact
Old 11-02-15, 06:14 PM  
Carb8985

I love all things Tonique and Sylwia, but have been on a Tonique break lately. This one sounds tough. I'm not sure I will purchase just yet.

Gatorfan, if you don't mind a few more questions ... Does Sylwia alternate sides in this one or does she switch sides at the halfway point? In other words, are there any good natural stopping points at 45 minutes or 1 hour that would work both sides evenly? I know I can also do a portion and then rewind and repeat on the other side, but I don't love doing a workout that way. Do the moves look all that different from the Hawaii and Costa Rica downloads? (Not sure if you have those!).
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 06:25 PM  
casey

And of course Carb I had to get it because, I thought, I will buy it soon anyway. I will obsess about it until I buy it. And I thought that Heat is so great, in fact all of her Costa Rica and Hawaii workouts are so great. I can't look at it yet because I am waiting for my dh to get off his computer so I can download it......waiting impatiently.......but not saying anything, just biting my tongue.
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 06:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
Hi Helen!

She didn't use the wall at all, it was a LOT OF REPS with just your body weight -no props. I think this one will be pretty popular as she uses very little space. She pretty much uses a mat and the space around her mat.
This one would be a killer vacation workout!

The set looks like a meditation studio so it LOOKS relaxing but the workout is not -lol !

I forgot to add there is an additional 15-18 minute dance workout that comes in a separate file. Typical dancy Sylwia cardio with some high impact
Thanks Cheryl.
Old 11-02-15, 06:33 PM  
Gatorfan76

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post
I love all things Tonique and Sylwia, but have been on a Tonique break lately. This one sounds tough. I'm not sure I will purchase just yet.

Gatorfan, if you don't mind a few more questions ... Does Sylwia alternate sides in this one or does she switch sides at the halfway point? In other words, are there any good natural stopping points at 45 minutes or 1 hour that would work both sides evenly? I know I can also do a portion and then rewind and repeat on the other side, but I don't love doing a workout that way. Do the moves look all that different from the Hawaii and Costa Rica downloads? (Not sure if you have those!).
Hello

It looks like Sylwia switches sides at the halfway point, it looks around the 51-55 minute mark The only section you could probably do separately is the floor work (the ab and mat work) at the end.

Sorry can't speak on the Hawaii and Costa Rica workouts- hopefully someone can chime in

Hope this helps!
Old 11-02-15, 08:46 PM  
casey

Ok I was able to download the workouts and view them but in a summary manner. This workout is not impossibly hard but it is challenging because of both length and certain movements. To me, it seems to be a step up from Heat. It has some similar movements to Heat but it has more handstand movements incorporated into the workout. This is very hard for me but I can work around them if they get to be too much. I just don't kick my legs up as high or if I'm really beat, I just put my hands on the floor and continue the movements.

The other hard part is the halfway mark is most likely where Gatorfan says it is, at the 51-55 minute mark. So that is also hard for us to workout that length of time. In the past, in Royale for example, I would find a stopping point and repeat on the other leg for a 60 minute workout. Sometimes I can do an entire extra long Tonique but not all the time.

The good part is that this is a workout similar to one of Sylwia's live classes. Also, she seems to be going a tiny bit slower, not sure until I do it though. The movements similar to Heat are those warmup rear kicks (I really like those because I really feel them in my butt), the front crescent kick to push-up, the breakdancer move on one arm. One new move at the end is a very wide legged push-up. Almost a split.

I like this workout but I think I will end up not doing it as often as her Costa Rica and Hawaii workouts. I really love having shorter workouts that I can do alone, add to a run or combine for a longer workout when I have time. I really won't know for sure until I actually do this workout. Maybe I will love it so much that I won't care how long it is? That's how I feel about Get Lifted and Heat.

I am very happy, though, to have a new Sylwia workout. She looks amazing too. Not an ounce of flab but strong and not too thin. Beautiful.

HTH Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 09:28 PM  
LoveVA

I was hoping there would be a good stopping point at the 45min -1 hr mark. I just can't see when I would have the time to do a workout that long unless it was a vacation day.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote