Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-15, 07:19 AM  
casey

I just had to get them she has a special to get both 45 minute San Sebastian workouts as a bundle for $18. I know I have a problem but at least it's healthy stuff. Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 11:42 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
I just had to get them she has a special to get both 45 minute San Sebastian workouts as a bundle for $18. I know I have a problem but at least it's healthy stuff. Casey
x2 on getting the workout bundle and having a problem but at least it's healthy
Old 11-04-15, 07:36 PM  
cmiyachi

Casey - thanks for your review. I didn't even know she was releasing new stuff!

I haven't been able to do Tonique much either and really miss it. I'm getting ready to do BodyCombat training this weekend (Les Mills) and I've been doing that every day to prepare. I'll look forward to doing this soon though - I purchased them.

The 2 hour ones are long but are oh-so-good when I can actually do them!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 07:47 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Thanks for posting this. I just had to get the bundle especially if the price is going to go up.
Old 11-05-15, 09:51 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I tried out San Sebastian Phase 1 today, a 44 minute workout and filmed in sort of an alcove with pretty columns and the beach in the background. It is in black and white which I didn't like as much, but it was very pretty. It is very leg intense and a lot of exercises reminded me of BTM, with some Royale style stuff (those one leg burpees) mixed in. After some squats as a warm up, she goes right into one leg and stays for about 20 minutes, then right into the other leg for 20 minutes. There were no extra moves or anything else on the second side. I enjoyed that it was somewhat quick and to the point and didn't meander as much as some of Sylwia's other workouts, though I enjoy those too for what they are

Phase 2 is also filmed in black and white but at another location (what looks to be a courtyard maybe). This one has more work on the arms/downward dog/plank/pushup but also has some standing work.

I can already see I'll be using these a lot. Having the new workouts has rekindled my enthusiasm to do a lot of Tonique!

FYI I also previewed the Zen bonus dance workout and it is very freestyle dancing with some very short intervals of floor work thrown in. I really liked the long Zen workout and plan to conquer it in small chunks, like 20 minutes then repeated for one workout, then continue. There are tons of handstands and lunges in that one, along with pushups and such, from what I previewed. Gorgeous background scenery in this one too.
Old 11-05-15, 02:31 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I tried out San Sebastian Phase 1 today, a 44 minute workout and filmed in sort of an alcove with pretty columns and the beach in the background. It is in black and white which I didn't like as much, but it was very pretty. It is very leg intense and a lot of exercises reminded me of BTM, with some Royale style stuff (those one leg burpees) mixed in. After some squats as a warm up, she goes right into one leg and stays for about 20 minutes, then right into the other leg for 20 minutes. There were no extra moves or anything else on the second side. I enjoyed that it was somewhat quick and to the point and didn't meander as much as some of Sylwia's other workouts, though I enjoy those too for what they are

Phase 2 is also filmed in black and white but at another location (what looks to be a courtyard maybe). This one has more work on the arms/downward dog/plank/pushup but also has some standing work.

I can already see I'll be using these a lot. Having the new workouts has rekindled my enthusiasm to do a lot of Tonique!

FYI I also previewed the Zen bonus dance workout and it is very freestyle dancing with some very short intervals of floor work thrown in. I really liked the long Zen workout and plan to conquer it in small chunks, like 20 minutes then repeated for one workout, then continue. There are tons of handstands and lunges in that one, along with pushups and such, from what I previewed. Gorgeous background scenery in this one too.
Thanks for the review. I can't wait to try them.
Old 11-06-15, 12:03 PM  
LeanneM

Thanks for all the great info! I've been on a Tonique break and haven't even gotten the Costa Rica workouts yet, but may need to get all these new ones. Even though I just haven't had the time/energy to do her longer sets, these still sound amazing.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 09:59 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

FYI Sylwia has two new workouts on her website - Spain Whipped which is 63 minutes and has a lot of mat and upper body (pushup/downdog) exercises along with plenty of standing. This looks like a great workout! Upon preview it looks a lot like Paradise but with more leg work mixed in. And Madrid Express which is 40 minutes and broken into two sections: first 26 minutes is standing work and like Get Dirty, changes sides on each exercise. Last 13 minutes is a wall workout with handstands facing the wall and some other standing wall work sort of like Sway. It is all standing/handstand work and not any mat work like bridge on the wall. Wow these are going to be great.
Old 11-08-15, 07:36 AM  
fitmummy

morning everyone/ just did whipped and madrid express/i skipped the wall work - it looks way too hard for now/love whipped/really great workout and not her usual killer
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 08:22 AM  
pharma_gal

What kind of mat exercises does Spanish Whipped have? Is it classic floor exercises? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote