Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-15, 01:55 PM  
curious621

Sorry for the delay, Secret Santa! I'm a high school teacher and it's been a crazy week! I am married to a wonderful man and have boy/girl twin teenagers and a Shih Tzu mix named Seger. OK, on to my wish list:
For exercise my primary activity is running but I do my DVDs in between and also quite a bit in the winter.
So for my DVD wish list:
Jillian Michael's Killer Arms and Back
Leslie Sansone- Tone Every Zone, Burn to the Beat, 5 Boosted Miles, Walk to the Hits All-Time Favorites
Weight Watchers- 7 Day Tone and Burn
Rainbeau Mars- Be Fit Yoga 10 Minute Daily Yoga
Tracey Mallett- Absolution
Christine Felstead- Yoga for Runners- Essential for Beginners or Yoga for Runners- Intermediate Edition
Kathy Smith-Body Boomers
Amy Dixon- Breathless (the first one) or Give Me Ten Core Cuts
Some new good yoga DVD?

Other ideas:
Books- Sage Rountree's Everyday Yoga or The Athlete's Pocket Guide to Yoga
No food- I am at goal with Weight Watchers and hope to stay that way!
I like food scented things- Bath and Body Works pumpkin stuff is yummy!
Running socks (I wear size 7 shoes.)
Burt's Bee Lip Color (everyone seems to like these so maybe I need one!)
Running stuff (13.1 or other)

I'll add some more to this list soon but this is a start! Thanks so much! Laura
curious621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:21 PM  
fitjen

Here are some ideas for my Secret Santa and a little bit about me to help you shop. Know in advance, that I love participating in this exchange, and I will love anything you send!

Two DVDs that I am interested in are KCM Strength & Stamina and KCM Athletic Conditioning 2. I have preordered Cathe’s ICE Series, and I subscribe to Les Mills and Beachbody on Demand. I like spinning, body pump, and kettlebells. I’m not a huge high impact fan. I don’t own any LM videos, so any used ones of those would be good, too.

I have long hair, so headbands and ponytail holders are great for exercise. I like low-cut athletic socks, and any color is fine. I live on a lake, and I love the beach. I like bangle bracelets, larger earrings, etc. I’m not a big sweet eater, and I’m working to lose weight, so you don’t have to worry about sending any treats.

These are today’s ramblings – if I can think of anything else, I’ll update. Thank you for being my Secret Santa!!!

Last edited by fitjen; 10-28-15 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Edited to Update
fitjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:44 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I will appreciate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING my SS sends me.
Don't spend any more than YOU, my SS, can afford.
Used is, most definitely, FINE.
This list is meant to HELP my SS, nothing more than providing some suggestions.
As always, we are so grateful to Anne for making sure this happens every year.

Workout Wishes

Sean T - Cize
Ilyse Baker - Your Sexy Everything
Diane Myles - C3 Chair Conditioning Challenge
Aimee Nicotera - 2 X 2 Conditioning Volume 3
Heather Corndorf – Moxie 1
Heather Corndorf – Moxie 2

General Stuff

Licorice laces (black or red)
Anything with butterflies (they have sentimental significance)
Purple and jade green are my favorite colors
Gel pens (especially medium and bold points)
Sweatbands that won’t move (like Sweaty Band)

Please no lotions, soaps and bath products. I've been bad this year.

I celebrate Hanukkah and collect dreidels (the holiday top). I have three cats, two daughters (young adults) and one dog (weighing three pounds--a Chihuaha/Papillon mix - my avatar).

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 04:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dearest Secret Santa. Thank you in advance for your generosity. I hope you get everything you want for Christmas!

Here are a few ideas for you. I'm pretty easy to please. I hope this will give you some choices.

DVD ideas Can be new or used - I'm totally fine with used.
Cathe Power Hour, Maximum Intensity Strength And Body Max DVD!
Kelly Coffey Meyer Strength and Stamina
Kelly Coffey Meyer Athletic Conditioning Vol. 2
Paul Katami Hi5 - High Intensity 5
Paul Katami Kettlebell Kombos
RIPT90 Complete Set

Misc ideas

Fun hair ties or Fun hair clips (I have long hair)
Favorite scents: fruity, floral, patchouli, sandalwood
I love bath products of any kind, especially lotions and powders
I like Minion anything
Love green tea, flavored or plain
Anything Yoga-related!
Favorite color - green

I would prefer NOT to have anything edible. I'm on a pretty strict nutrition regimen and prefer not to eat any candy or things like that.

Most of all I wish for YOU to have a wonderful holiday filled with love, family and friends!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 05:31 PM  
Bubbeez

Hey Secret Santa!

I’ve got a few ideas for you...

DVDs (I’m totally good with used):
Barre Ball Blast – Linda Wooldridge
Resista Barre Total Body – Linda Wooldridge
Essentrics Ultimate Stretch
Essentrics Barre Workout
Fat Burning Fusion – Ellen Barrett
KCM Lean Body Circuits
Cathe ICE Low Impact Sweat

Accessories:
Fire Walker Loop
Weighted Gloves

Miscellaneous:
Eden’s Garden essential oil blends – would love a sleep one or something relaxing (preferably without patchouli)
Sweaty Bands (the only hair bands that stay on my head!)
Athletic socks (size 9, ankle)
Burts Bees tinted lip balms or similar
Milk chocolate (the stuff that isn't good for you!) Ghirardelli, Lindt... anything without nuts
I have plenty of candles/lotions - I buy too many (much like exercise DVDS!).

Let's see...I love cool colors like green, blue, or purple.
Love nature-y things. I enjoy hiking in WI state parks. Walking is my main form of exercise.

If I think of anything else helpful, I'll update this list.

I’m sure I will love whatever you send! Thank you!
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 07:03 PM  
pharma_gal

About me: I love strength training, cardio as well as barre workouts. Cathe is my favorite but I have all her DVD's. Used DVD's are fine with me. The list is only to give you and idea. Don't be overwhelmed or compelled to give me from the list.

DVD Wish List:
Jillian Michaels Killer Arms & Back
Jessica Smith New Walk on 30 Day DVD Set
Lauren Brooks Shut up & train
Supermodel Arms & Abs
Jane Adams Gentle Yoga
Patrick Goudeau Extreme Calorie Burn
Mark Lauren Mobility Rx 2DVD set
Rodney Yee - Yoga for Flexibility (this one release in Dec though)
Taebo Advanced, Extreme & Core (This is a new DVD release with 30 min workouts)
Virtual Active - I have never tried any but would like to try. I have a spin bike so would prefer the cycling ones. I like instruction rather than just scenery and i prefer international locations.

ETA: Michelle Dozois 2 new Fat Blaster DVD's
Gift card to Total Fitness is also fine. I also like streaming - just to give another option and I also like mp3 cardio workouts. I want to try Jari Love mp3 workouts and Motion Traxx Spinning workouts (I already have the Motion Traxx Treadmill workouts)

My favorite YouTube channels are:
Fitness blender
Millionaire hoy
Kat Musni ( really like her latest Pokemon themed workouts exactly my kind of workouts - not the theme but the type of workouts.

Other Fitness Items:
New version of Gymboss which can set up complex intervals.

Other items:
I like to collect fridge magnets for US States/Cities
Dark Chocolate
Keurig Coffee Cups - Love Mocha, Latte, Cappuccino etc.
Stationary-Pens
Goat Milk Soaps
Natural Cosmetics/Skin Care Products like body butter, lotions, lip butter - I like mild scents or unscented
Fuzzy Socks
Gloves/Scarfs
Pharmacist Items -e.g I have a charm with "Rx" on it, I also have a show piece that says World's Best Pharmacist.

We don't celebrate Christmas so no ornaments. I am also not a fan of jewelry.

One thing I want to mention is that we are going to be out of town from Nov 30th to Dec 5th. So I request that you mail out the package a bit later so it arrives after Dec 5th as we live in an apartment and packages are left outside. Ofcourse you can mail it so it arrives before Nov 30 but I don't want to push you just putting it out as an option. I am am totally ok with receiving it later.

Last edited by pharma_gal; 10-30-15 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added YouTube stuff
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 07:17 PM  
sherry7899

Bubbeez- I am looking for the same essential oil from Eden's Garden. They have one called "Good Night Synergy Blend" that does not have patchouli. It is available on Amazon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 07:44 PM  
MsThistlebottom

First, a big thanks to Anne for organizing the gift exchange again. Also, a big thanks in advance to my secret Santa.

Believe it or not, I have no DVDs on my wish list. I pared down my DVD collection earlier this year and plan to continue thinning the herd. Right now I'm just focusing on what I already have. ETA: I have been eyeing X-Trainfit Yoga by Carrie Kearney and would not mind adding that to my collection.
I love old school weight training and simple cardio, including jumping/jogging on my Bellicon.

Some miscellaneous ideas

* Scented soaps, shower gels, and hand cream (fresh scents like lavender, jojoba oil, and almond).
* Coffee (we have a Keurig) and black or herbal teas (except green).
* Warm socks, big mugs, and lip balm (Minnesota girl here!)
* Bangle bracelets, big earrings, and girly-girl stuff like tinted lip gloss.
* I like to read, and lately I’ve been on a cozy mysteries kick. Authors on my wish list: Julia Spencer-Fleming, Amanda Lee, Elizabeth Lynn Casey, Diane Kelly, Sally Goldenbaum, Diane Mott Davidson (I have the first couple of books in her Goldy Bear series), Sheila Connolly, Ada Madison, Jill Churchill (I have Grime and Punishment, the first in a series), Spencer Quinn (I have Dog On It)

Please don't send any candy or food items because it seems I'm continually working on losing weight.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:14 PM  
Bubbeez

Yes Sherry, I believe that is the one I'm thinking of. I got an EO diffuser from Amazon a couple years ago. I love to use it at night while drifting off to sleep. I just finished a bottle of Edens Garden Calming blend which was really nice. I use lavender a lot too.
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:49 PM  
Candiceena

This is so exciting! I have never done the VF exchange before. My family doesn't really do gifts and I don't have any fitness-oriented friends in RL so I am beyond excited to buy a fitness gift for someone!

Wow - I am almost tearing up at the thought of how wonderful this is. I am so, so excited to be participating! I cannot wait to find out who my "Santee" is going to be!

I will come back here to compile some notes on gift ideas for myself too. Thank you in advance to whomever gets me - I am already so greatful for any gift that I will be given from a fellow Vidiot - who *UNDERSTANDS* the VF obsession!! Eek! So exciting!! Happy early holidays!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wishlist:

- of course, workout DVDs! ... I enjoy circuit/AWT ... would love anything like that. I also have been wanting to get some Kickboxing DVDs and Kettlebell DVDs. I like Jessica Smith (I have her Ult Workouts for Weight Loss collection & her Walk On 5 mile DVD already), KCM (!!!), need some BSS1-4 Firms, or anything like that. I do not enjoy barre/yoga/pilates.
- some type of headbands to keep the hair out of my eyes!
- I love candles! anything zen-like too!
- I love sleepytime/nighttime stuff! anything that is relaxation-encouraging
- love a good mystery/thriller book! james Patterson, kay scarpetta novels, etc.
- Have been wanting to get my hands on some other books: The Bee Cottage Story, NROLFW, The New Abs diet book (circa 2014 I think), etc.
- Pretty notebooks (lined) for journaling & whatnot
- I don't use a smartphone so nothing tech-related
- workout tanks! they seem to always have cute ones at target that say stuff like "Cardio Queen" or "will run for wine" ... I never bring myself to buy them bc I am on a strict budget right now but would adore one as a gift

I would like to say thank you again to whoever my secret santa is! I'm so excited to participate. I will *love* anything I am given!!

Last edited by Candiceena; 10-30-15 at 06:20 PM. Reason: add my wishlist
Candiceena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wish list