Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-05, 06:21 PM  
pipsqueak3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baballou

Third of all, I personally saw a commercial (that hasn't been played yet) offering the two workouts (Push Pull and Crunch Time) for $29.99 as an introductory offer.
I saw a commercial too. It was for the complete Kick Butt series. They didn't list a price but gave an 800 number and website address. That address led to the wfhn site. I wasn't impressed by the commercial at all. Elisabeth
pipsqueak3211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 06:51 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

More Buy.com pluses: they also don't charge until your order ships, track shipments

Ordering from Buy.com feels like a no-risk option right now - I pre-ordered the KickButt two-pack from them and used the 10% off coupon that Erin posted.

My receipt explained that Buy.com does not charge your credit card until the item ships. They have a low-price guarantee. You can check your order's status or cancel the order online. You can return the item using your online account. Best of all you can track your order's shipment from Buy.com.

I don't think WHFN can match that.

I posted on WHFN & FitPrime's forums three days ago asking what were the terms of their '30-day money back guarantee' and they have not responded at all. If I were to order from them I'd like to know whether I'd be refunded inbound and/or outbound shipping charges, whether I'd need to call to get an authorization, and whether they would accept opened DVDs for return.

I think Buy.com will stand by the order. They've been in business since 1997, they've gotten awards from BizRate, PC Magazine among others, and I've been ordering from them for over 6 years.
Old 02-03-05, 06:52 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S.
Before everyone cancels their pre-orders . . . I would advise waiting for Anna's response about this. $15/2 is just "too good to be true" and likely to be a mistake.
I don't believe a word that comes out of Anna's mouth. They always did say these workouts were going to be made available retail so I don't think it is a mistake.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 07:47 PM  
Felicia

I emailed WHFN to cancel

And received a response from Cynthia Benson, Executive Producer that they will cancel my Order, However, the workouts on Buy.com are not the same as the ones shown on the WHFN.com website. According to Cynthia the differences between the workouts were posted on the WHFN.com website today. She also said that if I change my mind, I can contact customerservice@whfn.com no later than February 21, 2005 and they will honor your original Order. Hmmm.

I did a quick check but could not find the differences described on WHFN.

"If your DH isn't complaining, you don't have enough videos" - SteveW
Felicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 07:55 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I looked at the WHFN site, but I'm not seeing any descriptions that are changed. I checked both the forum listings and the purchase area.

Anyone find the info?

Gwynn F.
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 07:56 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I thought I saw something in the FAQ.....Edited to add....Nope, nevermind, I was wrong!!
Old 02-03-05, 07:56 PM  
jaka13

Yeah, I didn't see the differences described, either. I just ordered the two kickbutt DVD/workouts from Buy.com and I'll probably order the 6 DVD Fitprime set from WHFN. I'm more of a beginner/early intermediate, so the Fitprime ones are probably a better level for me anyway... this way, I still get a fairly inexpensive 'trial' of the KickButt ones, and can always try to get some others off swap or just pony up and buy them later...
jaka13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 08:35 PM  
NeonJungle

Cross posted here, on WHFN, and on YYs -- there were many who felt a bit disgruntled about Buy.com's prices as opposed to WHFNs.

Hi, guys! I just talked with Cynthia by phone about the DVDs being offered at Buy.com, and it is as I suspected. The distributor of WHFN has contacted Buy.com as a supplier of the DVDs, and to my knowledge, no one else is publicizing sales at this time other than WHFN.com and Buy.com. WHFN believed its customers would prefer one chaptered workout per DVD, and priced the six packs accordingly (if you buy a six pack from WHFN, they are about $11 per single workout dvd; if you buy a 12 pack, they are about $10 a piece). The distributor intended to have them priced at $19.99 per double workout DVD. Buy.com purchases from the distributor and appears to be pricing some of the double workout DVDs at $14.95 — and that is not in the control of WHFN.

Because Buy.com is an internet company, they deal in “bulk” sales and are able to warehouse and "move" more of the DVDs than a stand-alone retailer can, and perhaps that's why they priced them at $14.95. WHFN has no affiliation with Buy.com, and can’t opine on orders via their website, but Cynthia says to be rest assured that WHFN is more than prepared to fulfill all orders placed with WHFN.com.

One thing I wonder is if they’ll be offering complete sets Buy.com. It looks like they’re offering only those two DVDs, and not the complete sets.

In any case, the WHFN pricing structure will remain in place past the February 5 deadline, given the overwhelming interest in the videos. Additionally, Cynthia asked me to communicate that though you all may not get an immediate personal response from your e-mails to customerservice@whfn.com, all questions and orders will be addressed. She said she, Anna, and WHFN have been quite pleasantly surprised with the interest, the good things y'all have been saying about the forum and workout clips, and asks me to say, "Thanks! We so appreciate your loyalty to our original, and now our new, mission and vision."

I'm gonna be thinking of these workouts as my new "precious-es," sort of like special collectors editions of the B/B/H team being together again. I hope to one day get up there and get the covers autographed.

Cynthia also asked me to remind y’all that WHFN.com will not charge your credit card until the workouts are shipped. If you'd rather order from Buy.com, you can.

Take care, and thanks for y'alls patience with this.
Harper
NeonJungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 08:35 PM  
Jammin

EDIT: LOL. I posted the link to your post at WHFN.com, Harper. You beat me.

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." Babe Ruth
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 08:38 PM  
NeonJungle

Hi, Jammin, see the post above. HTH!
NeonJungle is offline   Reply With Quote