Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-12, 05:46 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

I ordered mine over two weeks ago and nothing. Emailed him with no response. I'm getting worried!

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 07:37 AM  
fit44

I'm doing this workout this morning. I'll let you all know how it compares to Tonique Mat (great workout).
I'm thinking about buying the super model workout.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 10:14 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering if doing high repetitions of floorwork exercises is the way to go. Is it a better choice than doing fewer reps wearing ankle weights? It seems that most floorwork videos that are popular here at VF are high rep.
Old 01-15-12, 10:20 AM  
fit44

Holy Moly! My buns!
My butt kept cramping up. I would say it's harder than Tonique mat.
OMG, the hair and the leotards! WTH were we thinking in the 80's?
Old 01-15-12, 10:22 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering if doing high repetitions of floorwork exercises is the way to go. Is it a better choice than doing fewer reps wearing ankle weights? It seems that most floorwork videos that are popular here at VF are high rep.
It is my understanding that high reps will make the muscles smaller and more compact vs building it up.
Old 01-15-12, 12:42 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
I ordered mine over two weeks ago and nothing. Emailed him with no response. I'm getting worried!
Michelle, I ordered end of last year and it took a little over a week (I live in Colorado too). You might want to check with them... I also got an email saying my order was complete, and another saying when it shipped out. Did you get those? Hope you get it soon!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 10:56 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Michelle, I ordered end of last year and it took a little over a week (I live in Colorado too). You might want to check with them... I also got an email saying my order was complete, and another saying when it shipped out. Did you get those? Hope you get it soon!
Thanks Buzzer. Greg just emailed me and the DVD had been sent to my old address for some reason (although Google Checkout has my current one as default). I guess I should've deleted the old one to avoid confusion.

At any rate he was very nice and said he'd be sending it right out. He actually mailed the first one the next day after I'd ordered.

Can't WAIT to fry my buns.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 12:23 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
It is my understanding that high reps will make the muscles smaller and more compact vs building it up.
Yeah, there are all kind of "understandings" floating around out there but I think it varies on the individual. The high rep thing has been really popular here at VF but it was the opposite of what worked for me. I'm the smallest I've ever been (103-105lbs) since doing STS. I have definition but not bulk. I've heard the theory that heavy lifting removes the fat marbling that can occur in muscle and this accounts for the compacting. Who knows. Rumors and theories abound but I say experiment and see what works for you.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 12:29 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
Yeah, there are all kind of "understandings" floating around out there but I think it varies on the individual. The high rep thing has been really popular here at VF but it was the opposite of what worked for me. I'm the smallest I've ever been (103-105lbs) since doing STS. I have definition but not bulk. I've heard the theory that heavy lifting removes the fat marbling that can occur in muscle and this accounts for the compacting. Who knows. Rumors and theories abound but I say experiment and see what works for you.
I agree!
I still haven't figured what works for me. Lifting heavy makes me so dang hungry and high reps keeps my appetite in check.
My husband says I try too many things and that I need to stick to one thing for 3 months before trying something else. I'm going with high reps and working my butt 3 extra workouts a week and see how that works.

I must say....I found myself giggling off an on all day after doing BOS. It's so funny to think we actually dress like that. We had big flower pot bangs, permed hair, headbands, leotards, tights....and thought we were smoking hot! LOL
Old 01-17-12, 12:33 PM  
tigerbaby

I ordered this the other day and it's on its way!!! I was sold watching that clip. High cheese factor and Greg was just cracking me up. Plus the workout looks extremely effective; similar stuff I've done in the past that really whipped my outer thighs into shape. Love me some floorwork!

Tags
buns of steel, greg smithey, of steel