Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-21, 02:35 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Well, I don't have to reply to anyone (but myself?)

7/18/2021: 20 mins. breathe Row with Nick, 45 mins. of Sweat Steady ride with Jess King, 10 mins core Emma, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

No jump rope today! Yesterday I had a bazillion steps in from Pokemon go and my workout. I think as a result? I may have been tired today. It was Pokemon GO Fest weekend and we spent a lot of time outside. Like old times. (We've been playing 5 years now.)

Onward.
Make it a great day and waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 08:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Cleda, I'm glad to see you got mats to jump rope on. Doing it on a concrete driveway would be very bad for the body! You might want to check out the Crossrope app. I've been using it off and on for about a year and a half and love it. I use the free version and still have access to enough workouts for me. Some of the challenges aren't available for free users but that's okay for me. The other challenges are usually available for a limited time for free. Unfortunately I sometimes don't get them finished even though they do give you like a couple months usually. Anyway, smthg else for you to think about!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 11:43 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

7/18 - dog walk
Bellicon something with Balance in the title w/ Jeremy
Mini Moves Day 6

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 01:26 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

7/19 - dog walk
Margaret Richard's Good For You #3
GHU High Intensity Walk
7/20 - out door run! 2.5 miles in the State Park, hilly buy shady. My pace was pretty slow, but I ran the whole time! Very happy with the whole thing!
Hoping to do a dog walk after dinner, since it's too hot now.

Old 07-21-21, 04:00 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

7/21 - dog walk
Mini Moves Day 7
1 Mile at Home w/ Rocky (Leslie's site)
30 Min. Low Impact Ride w/ Hannah Corbin

I hadn't done a ride since 6/30! I need to do more of them.
Peloton was not able to solve my problem, so I unhooked the cable box, since we never watch regular TV in the basement. I plugged the ChromeCast into that port and I'm back to casting from my iPad.

Old 07-23-21, 08:44 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Been away

But will be back in town and able to check in tomorrow!!

Until then waves to all ….
Cleda
Old 07-24-21, 07:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I believe it's TOMORROW !!!

Good Morning Ladies!

I am back at my PC so able to check in. I am lousy trying to do it from a phone or Ipad. I just can't type lengthy check ins on them. Much better with a keyboard! I've been away. We finally got down to do a family memorial for my Mom. It's about 13 months overdue, but now it's done. Lots of family gatherings, lots of stories, seeing her headstone, etc, etc. But that is now behind me and now it's time to move on.

Vantreesta: Thanks for popping in! I think the mats are a good idea. I just couldn't see spending a fortune through Crossrope (yet!) lol. I have the free version of Crossrope as well. (may have been you talking about it a long time ago when I downloaded it). So far? I'm not beyond the 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off of jumping. And may never get beyond there. I'm still debating on the length of the rope and will most likely return the ones I got and get a smaller size. These just seem too long. I don't want to start my jumping career off with putting knots in them. I like straight jumping, so not sure what I'm going to do about the app. So many of them seem to have other stuff with them (burpees, push ups, etc.) I don't want that. I also use the "Jump Rope Dudes" on You tube. I took my ropes with me to FL, but didn't use them. (Shame on me). I am not proficient enough to really be comfortable outside jumping and the ceilings were not high enough in the gym.

Lili: Have you figured out your tv woes yet? I hope so!

Helen: Where oh where are you??? I know you'll have a great check in when you pop back in. I just know it!

Waves to all reading. Please feel free to hop in.

Me, me and all me ....

After a whirlwind of 5 days away, I am ready for some good workouts. I need to hop back on my diet bandwagon and get busy catching up with my Challenge rides. I did get 3 done before I left, so I only have to catch up with 3 or 4 in the next 2 or 3 days. Very doable and I missed my Peloton!!!! I kept my streak going by using the audio app on the beach, but it just wasn't the same.

I was blessed enough to see a sea turtle laying her eggs and going back to the ocean on my first morning walk. It's a (for me) once in a lifetime thing. Sooo fascinating. I also made new friends as we talked about it. The one lady has lived there 4 years, walks the beach EVERY morning and this was the first she had ever witnessed this. So cool. I got lots of pictures and videos. I was walking the beach every morning to catch the sunrise, this was just an added (and delightful) bonus!!!!!

Pokemoning was awesome down there. We had a pokestop right at the hotel and we were able to get lots of regionals (only in the south). Some of my family members play as well.

Lots of laughter, visiting, going through pictures and belongings, eating and driving. But it's behind me now. Onward to the new day.

Here's the check in (which is pretty much a rest week, but we all need them!)

7/19/2021: 20 mins. Selena Country Walk on the hotel treadmill (it was awful - the treadmill and gym. YUCK. Never again, but I did this at 9 p.m. when I got in), 10 mins. Core with Emma in my hotel room

7/20/2021: 45 minutes Broadway Fun Run on the beach w/Matty, watching the sunrise and filming the sea turtle

7/21/2021: 20 minutes 2010s walk with Olivia.

7/22/2021: 10 mins. Calming meditation

7/23/2021: 30 mins. 90s walk with Jess Sims (My last sunrise on the beach for this trip)

I also did a lot of swimming. One day, I was in the pool with my great niece (6 years old) and nephew (4 years old) for almost 2 hours! A good time was had by all and I'm sure the kids slept like logs that night. I know I sure did. I also swam in the ocean and the hotel pool. We crammed A LOT of stuff in 5 days!!!!

Ok, that's it for now. Must go hit the bike and make up some of those rides and get ready for week #2.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 07-24-21, 06:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - sounds like a great week. I hope it helped bring you closure. Seeing family is always good. And you managed some workouts along with the beach walks. The turtle laying eggs is absolutely amazing! So glad you got to witness that.
Helen - we know you're out there!

7/23 - dog walk
It was a Goldilocks day, but I never found the workout that was just right.
The first 17 minutes of Cathe's Rhythmic Step, decided it was too complicated for my brain at that time.
Switched to a Youtube step workout that was way too intense, quit it after 9-10 minutes.
Finally did part of Gina B's Momma Mia Walk, it was fun and dancy, but I ran out of time.
7/24 - dog walk
GHU Beginner Gold Lower Body Sculpt
Mini Moves, day 8
20 Min Indoor Walk on YT, didn't like it and it had several commercials, one in the middle of a plank! I realize that YT inserts the commercials, but what a dumb thing to do.

I started a rotation from GetHealthyU for Fit Over 60. I'm skipping the chair workouts, and maybe some of the Yoga workouts. I was going to move to another rotation, but today's workout was challenging enough to hold my interest. I'll try a few more before I decide to switch to Fit Over 40, or one of their many other rotations.

Old 07-24-21, 07:18 PM  
Helen

THANKS FOR THE CALL OUT!! Bridget is still here, DH has has first Astra-Zeneca shot (rough couple of days afterwards), and I haven't been here mainly due to the slow site, timing out, circle of death, has been super frustrating. I have gathered that it MAY be a compatibility problem between the latest version of Chrome & vBulletin that VF is built with. Not sure though.
Keep starting posts, get problems, lose them/give up/get side-tracked on another tab.... Also the last 2 weekends, was flat out trying to change my log over to remove front end of trial/security. I'm just putting it out there - but took ALL of two weekends to make the changes. Hitting post with JUST that much... for obvious reasons. Will try to get straight back, but.....

LILI
I have recently re-discovered Rhythmic Step - really like it. Very much my kind of thing - much moreso than anything with athletic intensity. Assume that Gina B's Mumma Mia walk was to ABBA - fun!
Started Abbie Appel's Strong & Stable Step with buddy - realised very quickly it was too busy for her. She did a YouTube rebounder thing & I finished it alone.
The insertion of ads are probably automated - so they land wherever the timer puts it - middle of plank or not, but yeah - ugh!!
You have become my Rotation Queen! Sorry that Peleton couldn't solve your problem - frustrating, but you have SOME-thing that works, which is always better than nothing at all.

CLEDA
You've had a fabulous time - and a rest week? YES - we DO all need them now & then. You'd have had prune fingers being in the pool so long - but the children will have wonderful memories because of it. Getting to see a sea-turtle lay eggs is a rare treat! Your timing was impeccable! Hope you post some pics to FB - I'll be looking out for them.
Agree with you about the pad or phone for posting - super slow and annoying.

I've been typing a bit, hit submit, type more, hit submit....

Here's the business:
Sunday 18th
38min, Kelly Coffey-Meyer - New You Coming - Latte Mix
Monday 19th
62min, Christi - Solid Gold Step - Second Half First Mix, 8"
31min, JMBR - Phase 1 - Workout 1
STRETCH
: 15min, Tony Horton - One On One - Apre Ski Stretch[/b]
Tuesday 20th
50min, Cathe - LITE - Rev'd Up Rumble - Scrambled Mix 4 (Abs mixed in)
36min, JMBR - Phase 1 - Workout 2
28min, Men's Health Delta Fit - HEAT - Sweat & Stretch

Wednesday 21st
26min, JMBR - Phase 1 - Cardio 1
30min, Mindy Mylrea - Strength Toolbox (first 30min)
60min, Walk with school

Thursday 22nd
53min, Abbie Appel - Strong & Stable Step
JMBR - Phase 1 - Workout 1

Friday 23rd
JMBR - Phase 1 - Workout 2
59min, Jennifer Gilardi - Fit In Your Jeans - Abs Body Sculpt

Saturday 24th
JMBR - Phase 1 - Cardio 1
Couch - 5k x2

I'm getting VERY tired of repeating workouts with JMBR, and of Jillian - VERY.
Been a bit of a struggle to manage "20 instructors in 20 days" - hence popups like Abbie Appel

Have only had death-spiral 3 times in amongst this - looks like a good day!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 06:43 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

So good to see you ladies! Thank you for posting. So I'll do my share. Since it's a group effort to keep it going!

Helen: I keep seeing the 20 instructors in 20 days thread and I have (so far) kept the urge to click at bay. I let my imagination think what it might be !!! (I came up with 20 different instructors in 20 days. I'm guessing now that might not be right. Just thinking out loud). My philosophy? Too many workouts to be bored and doing ones you don't want ... Then again. . My other philosphy? Complete the challenge, cuz that's what I signed up for (as I whined my way through the Run program - but it was only 8 weeks or was it 6 that felt like 8? and it was only 2x a week). Your consistency is commendable! You go ...

Hope your dh is feeling better. I use chrome to come in here. But, I will say, at work I've had issues with chrome and had to switch to firefox on some of our software. So, it is possible for sure. Luckily (for me) ? my posts have been going right through. I tend to copy the long ones, just in case.

I did put the sea turtles on my fb feed, so you should be able to see them there. FB used to have a link where I could send albums to others and I have to see if they have that still, possibly make an album and then I can post the link (since I know Lili doesn't facebook) and to my new friend I made at the scene!

OH and as for prune fingers?? Yep ... and we were giggling about them. It was so cute. (when we were in the pool). It reminded me of fond memories from when I was young and swimming with my aunt! She loved pools and I do (fondly) remember those times.

Lili: You reminded me that I really should look into the GHU Gold subscription I have and see if there's any workouts I would like to do. Before it expires. I have not been good with that. (I have way too many choices and mainly stick to Peloton). I remember liking her ab workouts that I used to do (on dvd). Maybe that will work. . . "Goldilocks Day". I LOVE that! The silly thing is? Even with that, you got more of a workout in than most people. I'm guessing that a rotation for people 60 and up is probably too easy for you. Definitely pick the 40 and up !!! We are athletes. We really are. Who have been doing these workouts for years. So even though we think we've slowed down? We're still on par of much younger people. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ok, on to my favorite subject. (You guessed it!) ME ME ME

7/25/2021: 60 mins. Matt Wilpers PZ endurance ride, another 60 mins. Matt Wilpers PZ endurance ride, 30 mins. Denis Morton PZ Hip Hop ride, 5 mins. Post Ride stretch w/Denis, 10 mins. post ride stretch with Leanne Hainsby

I am all caught up now! I can do FUN workouts today (have to do a row to keep my week streak going) and maybe some jump rope and some tread. Who knows? the world is my oyster. I am all caught up with my challenge rides and I can even start week #2 if I choose to. There are 2 tough rides this week in addition to the endurance. One is ok, it's hiits and hills, the other? 45 mins. tabata. ugggg ... it does me good. It's tough. I'm saving that for a morning before work when I have limited time, want to get in, get out and feel like I've done something tough in minimal time. (and before my coffee kicks in.) I've probably done it before, which makes it good and bad. I know I can get through it/I remember how brutal it is. LOL .... Oh well ....

Gotta run. Make it a great day.
Cleda