Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-21, 03:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Barefoot & On the Mat July 2021: Everyone Welcome!

Welcome to the monthly Barefoot & On the Mat (aka Mat Mavens) check-in for July 2021!

We are a small, cozy, and welcoming group who perform a wide variety of workouts, but we have a special love for those that are performed barefoot. If you are a fan of such workouts (Barre, Pilates, Yoga, Fusion, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Ellen Barret, Kettlebells, etc.,), or even traditional workouts performed barefoot, you are welcome. And even if you wear shoes for workouts, come on in!

Our welcome mats are always rolled out, and we love hearing from new, returning, and guest Mat Mavens!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 03:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I popped in and saw we needed a new thread for July. I'll be back later.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 04:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thank you! I knew it was July but would have forget about the new thread.

If you are into baseball at all, every July 1st, DH and I like to reflect on how it is Bobby Bonilla Day:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...y-every-july-1

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 04:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi again! Feeling a little off today (pressure headache) but managed to film a new video based on Dr. Fishman's work - it's BYOB (Build Your Own Bones ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDCfaOKEOho&t=1234s

ETA: Do any of you have preference as to when you like to see new content on YouTube? I just read that the best time to post is MWF, with a peak at 5 pm and going up until 9 pm. I had thought morning was better, but maybe I should stick to later...

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-01-21, 08:30 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Paine: Thank you so much for starting this month's thread!

Today's Workout: Lower Body Sculpt from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set.

Pat58: Glad your work A/C is fixed!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 12:28 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off Paine!

Today was a quick Jessica Smith workout before heading to the city, Upper Body Circuit from Walk On Metabolism Booster.

We are having fun with the grandkids with more to come over the weekend!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 08:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Thank you for starting our July discussion, Paine.

I was just too sore and tired to contemplate a workout yesterday so I skipped a day of Lucy's summer challenge. But, a new YT channel appeared on my radar - Yoga With Bird. The 20 Minute Restorative Yoga for Stress & Emotional Relief looked enticing and it was a nice, resty, stretchy practice. She seems to have a good amount of passive stretching and flexibility routines. Short ones, too.

Beth, I'll be trying your BYOB routine soon - love the name! Do you have any restorative or yin-type heart openers on your channel? I never thought of having a time preference, I wait for the YT deities to send something my way. I hope your headache is better.

TGIF! Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 09:19 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Since I'm working, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a quiet day.

After having a couple of rough hip days, I've had my suspicions reinforced that I need to be careful with certain moves, especially the internal and external rotation that is intended to work deep into the hip socket.. Let me assure you, those moves accomplish that! The Essentrics hip cleaners, clocks, etc., usually are good options, and traditional moves such as squats and lunges don't typically cause problems. I haven't slept well the past several nights (too hot and achy hip), so I just did that pre-bed stretching routine that I posted several days ago.

Pat - Sherry put Yoga with Bird on my radar. She has some nice practices on her channel.

Beth - That's interesting about the timing of posting new practices on YT. The Hindley Street Country Club posts their new videos at around dinner time every Thursday evening (to clarify - that would be around 6-ish ET, not sure what that be on Adelaide time without looking for a conversion tool ). I'm looking forward to checking out BYOB (love the name, too).

Speaking of Sherry - If you're peeking in, sending a big hug to you and your son.

Must get back to work. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 09:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, do you know if you have any osteopenia, osteoporosis, or osteoarthritis in your hip? I wonder if some of these conditions make some of the mobility movements contraindicated.

Can't decide what I want to do today...might pull out Eoin.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-02-21, 11:06 AM  
Garrie A.

Happy July! Paine, thanks for starting us off! Sorry to have been MIA for the past several weeks.

June has been a little crazy and stressful for me. First, earlier in the month the college announced plans to gradually reopen the campus, and our building was the first to do so. So instead of the bookstore reopening next week (as originally planned), we opened up almost a month earlier. I'm also trying to get my schedules for both my teaching job and my manager job to be a little more cohesive, so I don't have to constantly travel back and forth. Example: if I teach in the morning, I come in to the bookstore after and work my hours. If I teach in the evening, I work my hours before I teach. The only exceptions will be during semester Rush and if the store manager has to be off. Which brings me to...

At the end of the month/first week of August, I will be moving in with my SO. I'm excited but nervous. My work commute will be longer, which will take some getting used to. This is one reason why I'm hoping to get my schedules to mesh a little more (even though they already do a bit). We already decided to make the entire upstairs room (which is actually three rooms in one) my home gym. SO knows that's one of my big things.
Speaking of which, he is trying to lose weight and get healthier--walking on his lunch and changing his d**t. I'm hoping that once I move in I can get him into doing some strength training. He's already told me that he wants a treadmill for the room. Butt I want him to hit the weights. LOL!

I'm still keeping strong with my workouts. Last week I was a little under the weather and didn't get to work out much. Plus it was SO's birthday.

(Part 2 in a minute with my week so far...)
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
twisting