Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-21-21, 01:12 AM  
Helen

at the computer to check what buddy & I are doing today

Saturday
Cathe - Intensity - Timesaver: Step + Max + Bootcamp Mix
+ dog walk

Sunday
dog walk (IN the rain!)
as soon as I leave here: Cathe - KPC + LG - Kickbox & High Step Circuit + Abs Mix

have been gardening in rain-breaks, mucky in the wet soil, my fingernails are filthy!! but no time to tub before the jump - must dash - Kathryn is waiting...
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 07:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday Check In

Helen: Great to see you. The whole "dirt on/under fingernails" is the reason I Hate gardening (among other things.) I did better when I got gardening gloves, but still don't like it. Look at you with dedication and walking in the rain!!!

Lili: Yes! The leaves will stop falling and it will be dark, gray and dank. . .(Be careful what you wish for?!? ) Did you like the 20 mins. Elton John Run? I hope to incorporate a few more runs/walks during the next month (until the next power zone challenge begins).

Oh my - I'm 2 days behind (thought it was only 1!)

11/19/2021: 2 hours of pickleball (indoor! My friend joined me. She had fun also!) then I did a 5 mins. meditation that night (Resting up for my FTP test tomorrow)

11/20/2021: FTP Warm Up ride 10 mins. With Matt, 20 mins. FTP test with Matt, Ben Alldis 20 mins. Mental health low impact ride (that I treated as a cool down to spin my legs out) abs 5 mins. with Emma (my new favorite to tack on), 25 mins. of Rebounding with San Fran (started with one and after 5 mins, realized it was too much so went to the 20 mins. beginner workouts! PERFECT). then on to a 10 mins. Yoga Flow for hips with Chelsea Roberts something or other. . . . It is very good for opening my super tight hips. Bookmarked it and Hope to remember to do it some more.

FTP went well. I went up by one point. Not a lot, but I'll take it. I followed Matt's advice!!! And the strategy worked. BUT ...My bike went weird on me and set the number at the wrong one. It dropped it by over 100 ?!? Huh??? I talked to someone in my group and I have it reset (manually) back to where it should be. I don't know why it read at 222 instead of 234?!? But no matter. Improvement is improvement and it kept me consistent.

That's it. Getting caught up on cleaning, shopping, laundry, etc. before the holiday. I think I'm all set as far as the store(s) go. I will just have some baking to do (which will happen on Wed.)

Have a great weekend (what's left of it).
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 06:33 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Going to post and run (literally?)

11/21/2021: Row 10 mins, 30 mins. Sundays With Love (last of the 3rd season. She only did 6 this time. BUMMER ...) 20 mins. Bradley Rose Low Impact ride (Great music, great ride! keeper in my book. Then again, It's Bradley Rose!!!) , Post Ride Stretch, 5 mins. Core with Emma 2 hours of Pickleball outside. It was 55 degrees but windy and overcast. aka: FELT TERRIBLY COLD .... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Make it a great day. Off to exercise!
Cleda
Old 11-22-21, 05:14 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - We can't control the weather, or the leaves, but it seems like I spend a lot of time raking, then look out the next morning and they are all back! We are lucky that we don't have to bag them, just take them to the curb and the city sucks them up.
Helen - I don't mind weeding, but not when it's soggy.

11/21 - dog walk and several raking sessions. I decided I needed a rest day, even though it didn't really feel like it!
11/22 - 1 Mile w/ Leslie's group
30 Min. Disco Run w/ Jon Hosking
10 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Jermaine Johnson

Monday's are usually my outdoor run day, but after a frustrating morning, and more cold cloudy weather, I decided to do a treadmill run instead. I liked this one, but I wish he would tell you in advance how long you'll spend at each speed, so I could judge how fast or slow to go. I did push myself, so I'm happy. Really liked this post run stretch, too.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 11:38 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/23 - dog walk
Jessica's Upper Body Strength

Old 11-25-21, 04:28 AM  
Helen

Mon/Tue/Wed - dog walks, again in the rain - one just misty, one was decidedly rain for the return journey, so those two were quite short. Last night was clear, so went for a long one (Fitbit went flat & logged under 2k steps for the day - my own fault for not checking battery status)

Alice woke me at 4:30 this morning with squeals of pain - she had a spinter between her toes, and was holding her paw up & limping badly. Her feet had been left very fluffy - legs looked like she's wearing bell bottoms. Had to trim it back to see what the foot problem was, so had to trim them ALL back. Back to bed an hour later (splinter found & removed). In the morning, no visible limp & no wet toes from licking it. Came home this afternoon from work & it's now a total non-event. The next drama was a thunder-storm. She doesn't do well in them.

DH may get flooded in - supposed to be home next Tuesday, but.....yeah...

I've been very schlumpy.

Raking leaves and weeding are like housework - tasks that NEVER give your the satisfaction of reaching completion.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 06:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

good Grief!

Happened again. Left you ladies alone. How does that happen?? Oh wait - life, work, Thanksgiving day shopping/prep! I get it.

11/22/2021: 10 mins. Warm up walk, 30 mins. Run/Walk with Susie Chan, 20 mins. Classical music ride with CDE, stretch

11/23/2021: Rebounding 20 mins. (some San Fran workout), Hannah corbin 10 mins. Barre

11/24/2021: A.M: Row 20 mins,
PM: Denis Morton 20 mins. Low impact ride, 45 mins. Low impact ride with Christine followed by a post ride stretch (5 mins. with CDE), 5 mins. Core with Emma & 5 mins. Glute & Leg stretch with Selena

Hate to post and run, but have to get a quick workout in and finish preparing food!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.
Waves to all.

Cleda
Old 11-26-21, 06:48 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

And now for some time off

Of work that is. NOT of working out!

I am here to check in and respond before the day gets away from me. I am very grateful to be off until Monday.

Helen: I am having (sort of) fitbit issues also! I am currently using an old Zip that I had purchased for a ridiculous amount (like $10?) On clearance .... It works beautifully (like a pedometer). I had been syncing it with the software but it began to interfere with the syncing of my other fitbit that I wear to track sleep (I forget what model) so I disconnected it from the Fitbit site. (Ipad/phone/etc.) No more auto syncing. I have to remember to look at it to record my steps. Again, wouldn't be an issue (if I actually looked) BUT ... when the time change happened? The fitbit doesn't recognize the time change (since it's not syncing) so it changes over at 11 p.m. instead of midnight. If I check it 11:00 p.m. or after? It has reset. Frustrating if I forget to check. (I know, if this was the worst of my problems!!! lol) Anyway, probably have to set it up again with the fitbit software. Then one time this week I forgot to put it on. Sent Daphne a text and said, "I guess I can't move for today since it won't count!" So I get fitbit issues.

Poor poor Alice! Glad you got the splinter out. We used to have the "Thunder shirt" for our dog who didn't like thunderstorms. Not sure if it helped or not.

I hope Dh is ok. . . and I Hope your schlumpiness passes!!! ONWARD my friend.

Lili: I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I agree with you on wishing I knew how much time we were running in each section. If they want me to "sprint" let me know ahead of time if it's 30 seconds, 2 minutes or what. I also think about bookmarking them and going back to redo them, but that rarely happens as I've yet to find a run that grabs me enough to repeat it. There is just so much content on Peloton! Even when the do grab me? I forget to go back and do them!

Ok, on to me, me and all me. . .

Got in a great workout before the days' festivities began:

11/25/2021: Row 20 mins. (Mac - got a Thankgsgiving Day badge), Run 30 mins. (outdoor run on the tread with 2 instructors. Forget who they were. Not high on my list of do overs. It was meh But I got a "grateful badge") and then I did my favorite: ColdPlay ride with Emma (30 mins.) a stretch and off to finish preparing the meal!

I was exhausted last night and fell asleep (soundly) on the couch and then toddled off to bed. Good grief.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 11-26-21, 04:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Tally hates thunder and fireworks. We have a thundershirt, too, but also not sure it helps. Hope hubby makes it back safely.
Cleda - Sorry about the Fitbit issues. It can drive you crazy, not to mention what a time suck it can be trying to get everything working properly.
We haven't done our Thanksgiving yet, that will be tomorrow when all the kids will be here. We were supposed to go to my MIL's yesterday, but then she got sick, so that was cancelled.

11/24 - dog walk
raking - this should be the last time!
30 Min. PZ Endurance Ride w/ Denis
10 Min. Focus Flow: Hips w/ Anna Greenberg (also Peloton)
11/25 - dog walk
20 Min. Full Body Strength w/ Ben Aldis
20 Min. 80's Walk w/ Susie Chan
11/26 - Jessica's Steady, Ready, Go (an Interval walk)
20 Min. House Run w/ Marcel (Peloton) I liked this because she told you how long each sprint would be in advance. So much easier to judge how fast to take it. So many new instructors, still getting to know them before I pick some favorites.

Old 11-27-21, 07:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Enjoy the day !!!

I love having time off from work and hope to make the best of it (even if it's doing a whole bunch of nothing!) Was supposed to play pickleball yesterday. got all the way up to the athletic center and no one showed. I am not on any of the phone chains, so not sure what happened. The week before, we all agreed to meet yesterday!?!? I waited 40 mins. and still no one so I came on home. major bummer. there's always next week I suppose.

So hard to believe we're wrapping November up. so crazy!!!

Lili: Have a great Thanksgiving today. My food eating must stop. I never have gotten the hang of making it only "one" day. :: sigh :: back on the wagon.

Waves to Helen!

11/26/2021: DS Switch Adventure Ring for about 40 minutes. and a 5 mins. sleep meditation that night

I Have been trying to do some different stuff for variety. (as if you haven't noticed! Rebounding and now the switch. I've had Advenutre ring for a few years now and it's time I use it. (Sad to say I'm actually feeling it today!) anything that uses the muscles differently makes me sore. It was interesting. and I did work up a sweat. Will have to continue.

(I obviously have all the toys. the switch, the wii, the occulus) I have to use them. I also stumbled across a few boxes of still in the shrink wrap dvds, so maybe there's even more variety on my horizon. We'll see. It makes it fun and interesting nonetheless.

Make it a great day!
Cleda