Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-13-21, 05:18 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Morning workouts

Lili: I seem to do best if I do morning workouts. Sets the tone for the day, it's out of the way, etc. etc. Then if I want to do something later? I can ... Of course, sometimes I forget by night that I worked out! lol

Waves to Helen and passerbys!!!

11/11/2021: 30 minutes Veteran's Day Row, PM: Meditation

11/12/2021: Power Zone 60 minutes with Ben Aldis (zones 3 & 4), 20 mins. of Christine's Veteran's Day ride, 5 mins. stretch (CDE), 10 mins. Abs with Emma, 2 hours of pickleball

Found an indoor pickleball court with some of the gals I played with last sunday. I may have found a good winter home for playing! Time will tell. I am restricted because of the times they have and by work, but I can make it work sometimes. And I think I will try !!!!

I am almost done with Build Your Power Zones program. I will be finishing the last week starting on Sunday. Now it's wind down until I do the FTP test next week. (To see if I've improved). Half of me doesn't even want to take it since I'm content where I'm at. But I won't get better that way. I'm also thinking of signing up for a new Power Zone challenge in January. I sat this last one out and the one before (I think?!) So it might be time. I have enjoyed doing different workouts though. Time will tell.

That's it. Gotta go to work. Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 08:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just checking in

while I'm sitting at the computer.

11/13/2021: 20 mins. Country Ride with Bradley Rose, 10 mins. Barre with Hannah Corbin and 5 mins. Core w/Emma

Nice quick, short workout and it got the job done. (Had to work).

Off to get my day underway.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 11-14-21, 11:20 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Looking at my last post, I put 11/12 when it should have been 11/11, so....

11/12 - dog walk
JS's Boogie IT, I really like this one.
20 Min. Intervals Run w/ Susie Chan, liked this too.
5 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Joslyn
11/13 - 20 Min. Caribbean Barre w/ Ally Love
2 Classic Miles from Leslie with no Leslie. This had a new to me instructor and I enjoyed the variety.
11/14 - 20 Min. 2000's Walk w/ Joslyn
Bellicon's Hip & Pelvic Floor Dynamic w/ Fayth
There will be raking and a dog walk later.

I have been consistent with the morning workouts and I really like it. I don't have it hanging over me all day that I have to get my workout in for the day. Speaking of workouts, Peloton has added so many new instructors that I have no idea who is who. But variety is awesome, so I'm looking forward to trying a bunch of them. With the race in 7 weeks, I am adding at least a 20 minute treadmill run each week along with my longer outdoor run. I joined 2 of the November challenges on Peloton, hoping for motivation.

My MIL moved into her new house yesterday, and her little dog is now with her!!! We should be getting better sleep now, so that should help.

Cleda - You haven't gone this long without a Power Zone challenge before, have you?!? It's good to take a break, that way it doesn't become a chore.
Waves to Helen!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 05:13 AM  
Helen

Dinner is almost ready, but I have something...

Saturday
Cathe - Intensity Series - Pyramid Lower Body
Cathe - Step Heat - No Abs Mix

Sunday
Cathe - Drill Max - Cardio & All Upper Body Mix
Monday
Patrick Goudeau - Step My Way

Still feeling PLB, as Drill Max had some leg work in the cardio parts, that just added to the pain. Patrick was quite light (6") just mentally harder. Had a good 3 day run, hoping that'll kickstart the slump brought on by going back to work in person.

LILI
Oh, your MIL's dog will be so happy to be back with her person again, and you can sleep in a little bit. That'll help with race prep.

CLEDA
isn't doing a Power Zone Challenge?
this reminds me of when she first did NOT do another StepBet, or another DietBet... all things run their course.

Have to go - work to be done whilst awaiting the dinner-call.
Smells good!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 02:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I admire you for continuing with doing all of the Cathe's! I'm pretty sure I would have moved on by now. Most of her older stuff was TOUGH! That's why I liked it (at the time).

Now that MIL's dog is with her rightful person, I have been slowly adjusting to later wake ups. This is helping with my energy levels and my mood.

11/15 - Run day, 3.6 miles, cold and not as fun.
11/16 - dog walk
KCM's Split Sessions, Upper
11/17 - 1 Mile w/ Leslie
30 Min. Power Zone Endurance Ride w/ Denis
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Jenn Sherman
dog walk and raking should also happen today.

Old 11-18-21, 05:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Got behind AGAIN

Holy Moly! I don't know how that happens. Well, actually I do. . . I get tired, remind myself I have to get sleep and skip the PC. So here I am to get caught up.

Helen: Good to see you. I skipped the last power zone challenge, but will be doing one in January. In the interim I did a "Build Your Power Zone" program that's on the Peloton (and got 2 badges for it). Sat. will be the FTP test and I bet it's been a year since I've done that, so hoping to see some improvement. The one I did? (Building Your Power Zones). . . was only 3 rides a week. The one in January will be 4 rides a week + extra credit (if I so desire) and a brand new team (but some of the old people I rode with!!!) Should be interesting. So, all in all? It hasn't TOTALLY run it's course yet!

Lili: good sleep is always helpful. . . Thanks for always posting

On to me, me and all me:

11/14/2021: Row (20 mins.), Sundays With Love (with Ally & Nancy - warms my Heart!!!) Bradley Rose's Classical Pop Ride 20 mins) , 5 mins. core w/Emma and Pickleball for 2 hours in 44 degree weather. Brrrrrrr. They had to clear the ice in the a.m. off the court.

11/15/2021: 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Christine (on the wind down - true endurance), 5 mins. Denis Grateful Dead cool down, 5 mins. Post ride Stretch, 10 mins. Core with Rebecca Kennedy

11/16/2021: row 20 mins, 20 mins. Run on the tread with a new instructor ** (Susie Chan maybe? ~ liked her!), 5 mins. Core with Emma + 10 mins. runners stretch (I think - might have been 5 mins, but a runners stretch nonetheless)

11/17/2021: Power Zone 45 mins., 5 mins. Grateful dead cooldown with Denis, 10 mins. Glutes & Legs with Adrian, 5 mins. Core with Emma and in the evening I rowed 20 mins. while waiting for the steak to sous vide

**Lili is right! there is a whole slew of new instructors on Peloton (mostly tread) and I have to get to know them. I thoroughly enjoyed Susie. Didn't do the tread the week before ... Did I do a bootcamp? I like to at least use the tread 1x a week .... And I forget how hard/sleepy runs make me. I was ready for a nap by 2 p.m.

With working Saturday (last) makes for a very long week. By Tuesday I was ready for the week to be over. I'm getting there. ONE MORE WORK day ... I can do this.

That's it.Gotta do the great clean up for Thanksgiving. Workouts are a priority/must though (for sanity's sake!) lol Time sure is flying.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 11-18-21, 09:58 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Quickie post, DD's B-Day and lots to do. I can't believe she's 41!

11/18 - 20 Min. Full Body Strength w/ Callie
30 Min. Foo Fighters Ride w/ Emma Lovewell
dog walk and raking later

Cleda - I really liked Susie Chan as well! I've done 2 strength w/o's with Callie so far, just okay in my book. The Foo Fighters ride, loved the playlist, don't think I want to ride with Emma again. The ride was a good leg strengthener, but she does way too much hair flipping and air guitar for my taste.

Old 11-19-21, 06:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Keepin' it going

It is my Friday (off of work) and it was a long week, so happy to be off to do some stuff and clean for next week! (Who said that?) lol.

Lili: I am hit or miss with Emma. I don't really do a lot of rides with her. I do her ColdPlay ride (which we all know is one of my favorites)!! but I think it's more for the music and maybe I don't look at the screen. Some of her rides, I just didn't click with. I like her ab workouts as many of them are usually no nonsense, get er done, (many times) easier moves than some of the other instructors. I latch on to them and do them. I don't feel there's a need to do some of those crazy ab moves. Consistency with good steady moves is good for me. She also has a couple of 5 mins. workouts that I think are effective (with no dread factor). I've been doing her one from 12/21/2019 and (for me?) it's a keeper. I may try the Foo Fighter ride (for the badge of course!) but I'm not even sure I know any foo fighter songs?!? Then again, I didn't know I knew any coldPlay songs either (and I knew them all!)

I agree with Callie - I did one and wasn't over the top or anything. I still like Adrian (most of his --- again, no nonsense, just lift and strength train) And the forever sweet Ben Alldis (for abs and strength). I know there's more, but these are my go-tos.

(not sure how I got off on *THAT* tangent!) .... And for riding - well, we know my ultimate fun instructor is Bradley Rose, with Ally a close second. But for training? I think it's Matt and Denis. Huge difference for me on "training" and "fun rides" I'm sure there's more too with rides, but this will do for now.

Ok, ok, enough about peloton instructors .... on to my workout:

11/18/2021: VERY LOW energy day. I thought I got away with not being too sore from Adrian and my 40 lbs. of deadlifts. But then the day wore on and on and within about 36 hours ... HOLY MACKERAL. I wanted to curl up and go to sleep. But I couldn't. I had work, I had commitments, you know the whole thing.!!! My inner thighs were screaming at me. Yep. Inner thighs. Not hamstrings, not butt, INNER THIGHS. Guess I know what I need to work on. BUT ... (no pun intended!) I did play 2 hours of pickleball. It was in the 60s and I'm guessing the last time we'll see that temp except for a fluke day !!! So I took full advantage and raced to the courts after work. There was only 30 mins. of organized play left and they only did about 20 mins. more. My friend couldn't come, but luckily two other ladies showed up, so we did play!!!! All is good. 2 hours of fun. Then I came home and committed to riding Jess King Live With Nancy - so at 8 p.m., hit the bike for that. VERY low energy and mostly did zone 2. I was sooo beat. Wrapped it up, stretched and went to bed.

I was up by 3 a.m., but what can I say?

Waves to Helen!!!! Check in when you can.

I'm on a great streak right now of 6 days on program. THAT'S PHENOMENAL for me. now to keep it going (I'm talking diet wise.)

Make it a great day. I'm going into 2022 closer to my goal(s).
Cleda
Old 11-19-21, 05:35 PM  
Helen

Oh thanks Cleda
DH went to the farm on Monday - you all know what that means.
Buddy only does workouts Sat/Sun/Mon now, so no mid-week nudge.
It's exam-writing time at work - I'm only at the computer to edit an exam for Monday.

Have done nothing since I last posted, except after-work dog walks.

It's Saturday morning.
I'll post but keep you onscreen throughout the day...
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 04:26 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - glad to see you popping in! Dog walks count! You are up and moving and that's more than most people.
Cleda - thanks for sharing your thoughts on Peloton instructors. I often pick a w/o based on the playlist, and that is not always a sound choice (intentional pun there). Way to go on all of the pickleball!

11/19 - dog walk
Jessica's 360 Abs
20 Min. Elton John Run w/ Jon Hosking
11/20 - dog walk
20 Min. Total Body Strength w/ Matty
30 Min. Low Impact Cardio w/ Body Project on YT
raking and more raking - will these leaves ever stop falling?