Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-20, 04:11 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

people WFH - how has this impacted your fitness schedule?

i've become more consistent! not having to commute to work gives me more time to work out, shower, eat a fast breakfast, and still get some chores done.

i got through some virgin workouts too.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 05:45 AM  
Carol K

I work out after work and on Saturday mornings. This was true when I worked in the office, when I began working from home two or three days a week and now when I work from home everyday. So no change for me.
Old 03-27-20, 06:59 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i've become more consistent! not having to commute to work gives me more time to work out, shower, eat a fast breakfast, and still get some chores done.

i got through some virgin workouts too.
I have become less consistent in these last two weeks. One reason is a nasty head cold; I absolutely become crabby and lazy if I can't breathe through my nose. Typically, I work out when I get home around 6:00 and I am a routine oriented person. If my routine changes I find it hard to adjust.

Also, the weather has started to get warmer and the sun has been out the last few days. I'd rather go for a walk with my dog than go to the basement and work out. This happens to me every spring though. After so many months of having to be inside I have to get out. Usually April and May I don't "work out" as much; it's more walking and yard work.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:35 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Now that I don’t have to be anywhere - volunteer job, hair cut, etc., - hubby and I sleep in and walk later in the morning. If we need anything, like groceries, we also go in the morning. Then we sit in our hot tub, which we hadn’t been doing much before. Sometimes it’s 1:00 before I work out and it’s a different feeling than working out at 9am. I’m not nearly as motivated at that time, but I’ve managed it so far. The really strange thing for me is not showering until 2:00!

P.S. What is WFH?

ETA: Now that I know what that means (thanks Carol), I’m retired so WFH doesn’t affect me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:41 AM  
Carol K

Joni, it's Work From Home. Even though I don't work out before working from home, I always take a shower and get dressed. I just can't work otherwise.
Old 03-27-20, 07:41 AM  
Rhonda

nothing has changed for me. I still workout before getting on the computer, which is what I did before. Except now I don't have to drive to work.

I may do some longer workouts or not. I have been getting in some longer walks to take breaks since the weather has been nice. Usually I would walk around our building.

So just little things but my routine is more or less the same. Major workout before work, take walking breaks during the day oh yes do some chores throughout the day mainly laundry. Fridays are my half days so probably will do more housework since the weather is rainy today.

One thing I wish I could do is take the computer outside and work on the deck.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:31 AM  
cecififi

I am working out later e.g. 8am vs 5:45am. And, i am working out longer, taking my time and not rushing. I am enjoying this break just not at the expense of people's health. I haven't been outside since Sunday!
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 01:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i've also noticed i am less stressed and can think better. i have a nice bunch of people at work, so it's not that.

in the beginning, i had to figure out a routine. it's pretty much the same. i just have to be disciplined in starting my workout on time, and by "deleting" the commute to work, i have more time.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 01:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m mostly retired so it hasn’t impacted me a lot. I do miss going to & teaching live classes, but most of my workouts are home based. I’m teaching and participating in virtual classes and that is helpful. I am probably working out a bit more. It has definitely impacted my social life, lol. I’m used to spending a lot of time with family & friends, and going to yoga & fitness classes primarily when I’m in the city. I didn’t realize what a social connection live classes are until now.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 02:27 PM  
Hazel Porter

I'm actually loving working from home! With commuting, I was having to get up at 4:30 a.m. to get in my workouts. Now, I sleep until I wake up naturally (around 8:00/8:30 most days), work until lunchtime(ish), workout over the "lunch" hour, then finish up work for a few hours in the late afternoon. I am sleeping more than I have in 20 years (before kids) and my skin has never looked better. I'm also finding my work time way more productive than I would have guessed -- I guess I must be easily distractible at work.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, wfh