Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-13, 01:23 AM  
boukilisa

Barefoot Bellyfit?

Is anyone doing these workouts barefoot? The second half of the elements are done without shoes but is anybody doing whole workouts that way? Thanks!
Old 03-24-13, 08:25 AM  
charfred

.I have been doing them barefoot, but I prefer to work out barefoot most of the time anyway. I find that there is very little impact in these and being barefoot allows me to do a lot of the moves more effectively. I work out on carpet, so I find things like pivots hard to do with runners.
Old 03-24-13, 09:05 AM  
starbelly

The only Bellyfit I have is the original Earth and I do that barefoot (I also exercise barefoot almost exclusively). I have toe socks for days when it is cold and I usually work out on an exercise mat over hardwood floors.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 10:21 AM  
moonbeam31

it is totally safe to do these barefoot! There is little impact if any and the pivot turns are easier to me as well on carpet that way. Sometimes I also wear socks or toe socks too-they help you slide around a bit more on carpet. If the ball of my foot is sore-I will wear shoes, if not I go barefoot!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 10:55 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I prefer barefoot workouts and I believe these workouts are safe to do barefoot, but somehow I am more comfortable doing them with shoes (I never do the floorwork so my comment pertains to the "cardio" portion)
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 06:26 PM  
sherry7899

I tried a cardio workout from Bellyfit barefoot, but I think I will wear shoes next time. My ankles/knees/hips feel like they need more support. (shoes for the cardio portion only).

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 06:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I actually just did Air today. Personally, I wear shoes, as I like support for cardio (plus, I just got an orthodic for one shoe), even when there is no impact. But for those who prefer being barefoot, I see no problems at all doing these workouts without shoes.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 07:22 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Do people feel there's a lot of pivoting turns in these, and are they fast pivots? My knees would like to know before I decide whether to buy - thanks!

Laura
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 07:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauracat View Post
Do people feel there's a lot of pivoting turns in these, and are they fast pivots? My knees would like to know before I decide whether to buy - thanks!
No, there's not much pivoting at all. A few of the routines have maybe one turning move, but that's about it. Alice does recommend in her intro not to do the workouts on carpet, but my workout room has carpet, and I haven't had any problems.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 08:02 PM  
altinker

I do these barefoot. They are low impact. There are some moves that require you to do a series of steps and then turn, but I just do them in place facing forward.

I mostly prefer to be barefooted when I do workouts, but Turbo Fire and Tonique Premiere are better with shoes.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellyfit