Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-20, 03:00 PM  
Mickey12

I don’t have mine yet either. However, I changed my avatar so you could all see Finley. His brother, Rudy, is a black/grey tiger and quite a beauty. I would love to get a good picture of both of them together.

Yesterday I did another virgin workout, David Kirsche's Sound Sound Body Ultimate Fitness Boot Camp. This one was done on the beach. I found it to be moderate work, he only suggested using 2 pound weights, but he does high reps. I liked the music too.

Today I did KCM Bootcamp, one of her older ones. This one is also a virgin in my pile and it's definitely getting smaller! I did the combined workout premix of 55 minutes. I found this one challenging, especially the first workout. I'm not sure why, but it really felt hard to me. I liked the music and I heard an instrumental version of an Abba song at one point. The extra bonus 20 minute extended stretch is really nice.

Last edited by Mickey12; 10-25-20 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Adding my workout
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:02 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait! I went ahead and did Pump Upper Body + Bonus today. I'm so sorry not everyone has them yet!! I liked the upper body workout -- a great mix of things and it definitely felt fresh and new. She certainly does go heavy with some exercises, but on many I was able to match her weights, which shocked me, frankly, given how far off I am when she goes really heavy. Funny. I only noticed the music once, and like horusosiris, it was when I didn't especially care for it -- not a big deal though. Oh, I love the view out the "windows", too, Chele!! It was interesting thinking about them filming during the pandemic..... was it my imagination or did Cathe seem a bit warmer/friendlier than she usually does (which is saying something because she's always very supportive and upbeat, but it just felt nicer somehow).

I am planning to loosely follow her suggested rotation from the user guide, but I will likely not stick with that for a month -- I want to try the upper/lower premix, for instance, and she doesn't use that in this rotation. I will also add my yoga in, though it's now been two days in a row where I haven't done yoga -- I have been pretty consistent with it, so that feels strange.

Thanks for commiserating with me on the hip and kickboxing. It is a bummer though if I don't do it all the time and stretch effectively afterward, I can probably keep it in there once in a while.

cataddict, I don't follow football at all, so I will say "go Steelers!" Sounds like a fun, cozy day for you.

Yes, some crazy weather swings, it seems. A large part of California is once again on a red flag high wind warning starting tonight, so no power until Tuesday at noon. Shoot, I hadn't thought about this but I won't be able to do the new workouts! We have generators for the essentials, but I'm not sure TV/dvd player are in that league, sadly. Darn it!!
Old 10-25-20, 06:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Today I did Mobility Basics. I enjoyed it and feel pretty good that I was able to do the most "advanced" version of the moves. I guess I'm a bit more flexible than I thought, at least as it relates to this workout. It felt like an extended stretch, but with more effort. I am anxious to hear what you all think since it got some less than positive comments elsewhere. Admittedly I really don't have a basis for comparing this type of workout since it's the only "mobility" workout that I have, so my bar isn't very high. I intended to add on the pyramid HiiT bonus but DH got off work early so I didn't.

Kim, Finley is so handsome!! He seems to be posing for his closeup.

bee, thanks for the cheer for my team! Got a win, after stressful 4th quarter, so I'm happy and I'm sure your good wishes helped! That stinks about the power outages. Hope you like the upper/lower body premix when you are able to do it! I think there are two upper/lower premixes, one that has the extended stretch with it? There might have been other differences but I didn't check. I did the 54 minute one.

manley and kittymax and Kim, hope your DVDs arrive soon! horusosiris, Linda, Nathalie, Chele and bee, keep the reviews coming!

Waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 07:19 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Fierce Watulans!!

I am LOVING your reviews of P30 thus far!! And Bee, I'm so glad you got yours so quickly!! I just got notification that mine are now at our major postal hub about 40 minutes away, so it is very likely they'll arrive tomorrow but if not then definitely Tuesday! So excited!! Manleym, hope we both get ours tomorrow!

Today I pulled out The Viper and had another Drill Max experience....this one used to slay me but today, it was just a bit of everything and time flew by then I was done, feeling pleasantly worked but not wiped. That's cool and all but now I have to find new go-to's that slay me when I'm in that kind of mood and have extra time like on weekends, you know??

Cataddict, I WOULD SO love it if you did an STS rotation with me!! That would keep me on track for sure. I am seriously waving my voodoo chicken bones in the air for a stellar deal in picking up that set because money is really tight right now but dang it, I have serious FOMO and am wanting the challenge. And we also will have KateTT to turn to for support since she's done STS what now, three or four or five times?? I can't lift as heavy as KateTT but she will keep motivating me along, I'm sure!

Kim, Finley is GORGEOUS!!! Oh gosh, now I want to change my avatar pic to my black lap fungus. Sheesh....maybe tomorrow I'll do that if I get time.

Oops, dinner is ready, gotta run....waves to ChelePA, Horusosiris, Nathalie, and Fanofladyvols!! Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 01:55 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Today I did Mobility Basics. I enjoyed it and feel pretty good that I was able to do the most "advanced" version of the moves. I guess I'm a bit more flexible than I thought, at least as it relates to this workout. It felt like an extended stretch, but with more effort. I am anxious to hear what you all think since it got some less than positive comments elsewhere. Admittedly I really don't have a basis for comparing this type of workout since it's the only "mobility" workout that I have, so my bar isn't very high. I intended to add on the pyramid HiiT bonus but DH got off work early so I didn't.
Cataddict- I did Mobility Basics today and I enjoyed it. It was exactly as the title suggested -basic but I agree with you that it felt more like an extended stretch. I like the extended stretch on the Pump workouts but it is too short. Something in between the mobility stretch and the extended stretch would have been nice after the Pump workouts.

I also did the Core workout and it is the same core bonus workout that is on the other DVDs so this is the second time I did it. I was hoping that it was a different core workout.

Mickey - the bonus stretch on KCM"s Boot Camp is one of my favorites.

Bee- I am still trying to figure out how I will use the Perfect 30 workouts.
I love the view on most of Cathe's workouts.

Kitty- I hope your DVDs arrived today. Maybe STS will be on sale during Cathe's Black Friday sale.

Enjoy the rest of the day today!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 03:36 PM  
ChelePA

So I was preparing myself to feel a dread factor with High Impact Hiit based on other reviews. It sounded like many of the moves were repetitive which I am not a fan of as you all know Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed it despite the number of burpees. I think Plyo Hiit One helped in preparation. I wasn't totally wiped as I remember being with other hiit workouts.

I added on the mobility workout. As other ladies have mentioned, it seemed like an extended stretch, which I really liked. This is definitely my weak area. And unlike you ladies, I don't use other instructors to do yoga or any other practice. Cathe's basic moves appeal to me and I was actually able to hold the more advanced version of each exercise. I can definitely see using this in my weekly rotation.

My biggest disappoint is the premixes aren't as creative as in the past. I was really hoping the premixes for Perfect Hiit would be similar to Plyo Hiit...mixing high and low impact in a variety of combos, etc. I think the reason for this is because those who have the On Demand option can create their own, which is awesome. But not for me

I may do the yoga workout before bed tonight if I have time and the weight workouts are on schedule for tomorrow.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 06:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, Watulans!

Today I combined two shortish Lives for a 78-minute total body workout that was AWESOME! I did Live 212 Fit Legs plus Live 234 Strong Express Upper Body, both of which I absolutely loved (and felt). Then when I went out to get the mail that arrived a few minutes ago, my Perfect 30s were in there, yay!!! So my plan is to do the longest premixes on each which tentatively means tomorrow will be the HIIT, Weds will be the yoga/mobility, and I'll have to save the very long strength premix for Sunday given my scheduling this week. I'm excited!!

Thanks Horusosiris and ChelePA for your thoughts too. Seems like lots of opinions on this set!

Stay fierce, my friends!

Old 10-26-20, 06:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just adding a post that I changed my avatar pic to our lap fungus Lux...notice his very long fangs, hah!!

Old 10-26-20, 06:36 PM  
ChelePA

Love all the cute cat pics!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 07:29 PM  
manleym

Dvds arrived today! YAY!

Today I did Upper Body + Upper Body Bonus + Extended Stretch + Core Bonus. I really liked the workout! The Upper Body Bonus moves were mixed in with main workout instead of being adding on to the end of the workout (which is what I expected). So this premix skips back and forth between main workout and bonus moves. It didn't affect the flow of the workout, just the dvd switching between regular workout and bonus, if that makes sense. I thought there were some new moves, or new twists on moves, and liked using the bands. I agree that the Extended Stretch is much better than the main workout stretch. I also felt like the Core Bonus was more of an extended stretch than an true ab workout. It was nice having different core moves than the typical core moves, but don't expect an awesome ab workout. It felt like an extension of the mobility or yoga workout to me.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing High Impact HiiT + Extended Stretch and
Mobility Basics. ChelePA your timing is perfect. I was already thinking of moves to substitute for the many, many, many burpees that seem to be in this workout. I'm going to preview it tomorrow to see just how many burpees there are. And to see if I can sub some of them if needed.

I'm planning on doing Lower Body + Lower Body Bonus + Extended Stretch one day, Yoga Strength & Flexibility + Core Bonus one day, and Low Impact HiiT + Pyramid Cardio HiiT Bonus + Extended Stretch another day. I wanted to do the main workouts this week just to learn them and see what they're like and next week start playing with the premixes. My guess is that I'll be doing the Upper Body and Lower Body premix to get a total body strength workout.

Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in