Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-20, 12:39 PM  
lavna

I did Low impact Hiit, Pump LB, the LB bonus and the core bonus.

It felt as if the Hiit workout was more intense in the beggining than at the end. For me, it was a good workout, especially early in the morning.

I loved Pump LB. The reps are only 10-12 and the moves are not repeated. Cathe uses quite heavy weight. The LB bonus is short (only 3 moves). She uses a 10 lbs dumbbel for pizza presses. I used 5 lbs but since there's not that many reps, I could probably go to 8 lbs next time.

The core is more yoga based. I didn't feel it that much but maybe it's because the moves are new to me so I didn't do them as hard as I could.

I'm on the fence about that last one but the others fill my expectations!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 01:10 PM  
horusosiris

I am so happy- another day of 70 degree weather here! We went from Autumn to Spring!

I did both of the Perfect 30 Pump workouts, the upper bonuses, the lower bonuses, core and the extended stretch. I liked the variety of exercises in both workouts. The rep ranges were for the most part 8-16. The weights for lower were 15-40lbs and for upper 5lbs to 35 lbs. I felt that my entire body was worked out but not worn out. The bonuses were a nice added touch. The stretches at the end of the workouts were (in my opinion) a bit skimpy so the next time I will just do the extended stretch which is only 8 minutes. Cathe’s weight selections were moderate to heavy and for some I used heavier weight than she did. The pacing of this workout makes it ideal for a heavy weight workout. I actually did not notice the music in this one so the music must have been decent.
I really enjoyed the entire DVD. I am already thinking of different ways to mix these two workouts. I previewed the total body premix. It does some upper body (back, bicep) then some lower and then upper (shoulders) lower again and ends with upper (chest, triceps). All of the exercises (minus the bonuses) are included in this total body premix.
I may make a mix that does one upper body and then one lower body to make it into a PHA workouts. I may also make a premix that intersperses the bonus segments throughout the main workout.

Cataddict – I am glad your back is just about healed and you can do your normal workouts. You said that you are doing Patrick workouts. I love his personality and his workouts. Have you done Lean Hot Body, Turn Up and Slim Down, Play Ball and Play Ball in 4? There was a time that I did one of Patrick’ step workouts several times a week. I wonder what happened to him and why he stopped making workouts?

Bee- you are so funny. I will tell all of the 4 year old children near you to watch out! Sorry that the hip is bothering you. I still think that KCM is the queen of 30 minute workouts because KCM has so many good ones.

Kitty- I agree that Michelle’s Remix is a tough one!

Chel-CTX is another gem of Cathe's. I did the Upper Body premix this past week. StepWorks is also my favorite of that cCthe DVD!

Lavna - the Core workout in Perfect 30 was perfect as an add after doing both workout back to back. It is perfect for that but it not one of my absolute favorite Cathe core/abs segments.

Everyone- Enjoy your Saturday and waves to all!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 01:28 PM  
manleym

Yay for Bee, Horusosiris, Cataddict, and Nathalie having your dvds and for the reviews from those who have done some of the workouts! It's nice to know what to expect, or dread.
I'm still in the "Monday" camp so we'll see. From what I read, sounds like the weight workouts are really good but the HIIT, just meh (at least the high impact one). Would ya'll say that's accurate?

Bee, yes it was you that mentioned doing KCM's Weights last week. I think next time I do Weights I'll do the same premix - only the weight sections - but I noticed there being a premix for the core only so I might do that separately after the weights only premix. And yes, KCM does frequently have brief stretches. However, IIRC the ab/core section of Kickboxing was pretty good. Haven't done it so long I don't remember but that's a vague memory in the back of my mind. You're right about Emily's Chill being anything BUT chill. And whatever crazy poses she does, I don't! I am just now able to do a crow! Funny that Dylan can hold crow pose for days yet struggles with W3 and triangle. W3 is hard because of the balance.
DH can do crow for days too yet struggles with some of the balance moves. One of the things I like about Emily, besides her personality, is that she puts just enough of a little twist on a familiar move to make it different and interesting. Like putting your hand at a different angle/position to feel a difference. And yay for you for subscribing to UDAYA! You won't regret it.

So Bee are you and ChelePA going to do the one month Perfect 30 only rotation? The one to learn the dvds? I'm trying to decide how I want to do them. But I'm interested in which rotation ya'll are doing because I might join ya'll. I'm guessing the Perfect 30 One Month Rotation?

So yesterday I must have been in a "Goldilocks" mood because I put in 4 different dvds, all different instructors, before I found one that was "just right". So I wasted about half of my workout time trying to find one I wanted to finish. Since I didn't have much time left, I knew I had to choose something that would give me a bang for my buck, so I popped in Cathe's Plyo HIIT and did premix 3 from Plyo HIIT 1, which is the 1st half Plyo 1 + 2nd half Plyo 2. It was TOUGH, but I really liked the variety - 1/2 floor, 1/2 step. Seemed to take a TAD bit off from the dread factor. I remember ChelePA talking about PTSD with this one! I have several of Cathe workouts that give me PTSD.

Hoping you are all enjoying your Saturday! LOTS of temp drops and swings going on right now. I'm sure ya'll are feeling it too! Stay warm and healthy!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 07:19 AM  
ChelePA

bee and manleym...I am open to any rotation using the Perfect 30 workouts. Let me know if you decide to choose one. Would you start Monday? Or November 1st?

My DVDs arrived yesterday afternoon. I was reading everyone's reviews and it's always interesting to me how we are all different despite all loving Cathe-- Lucky for the variety First I want to say that I love the background! I chose the low impact hiit plus bonus. Followed by the leg and core bonus. I wrapped it up with the extended stretch. I really liked the Low Impact Hiit including the music. I feel like you could easily increase or decrease the intensity for this one. The lower you go the more burn in your legs. It definitely tested my coordination on a few of the moves too. The bonus using the step was a nice add on but not hiit level for me. It's basic moves using the pyramid method. Definitely gets the heart rate up for certain exercises but doesn't leave you breathless. The floor work for the bonus legs was a nice butt burner. And the core had unique moves that I think fits well with this series. The extended stretch is nothing new...just a nice total body stretch with the moves held a little longer.

Can't wait to hear more reviews and how you will use this series.

Happy Sunday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 10:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

I love the look of the low impact/Perfect 30 rotation. I have decided to just rotate each workout as is..no premixes or actual rotation yet.

I did the Mobility basics and it!

But before I go any further..

Do all the Fierce Watulans have their DVDs?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 10:47 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I love the look of the low impact/Perfect 30 rotation. I have decided to just rotate each workout as is..no premixes or actual rotation yet.

I did the Mobility basics and it!

But before I go any further..

Hah, nope, no DVDs yet for me. Crossing my fingers for Wednesday, maybe....

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 11:20 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hah, nope, no DVDs yet for me. Crossing my fingers for Wednesday, maybe....
That's what I was afraid of...I was so focused on bee having hers but then started to wonder about others...

I have plenty to keep me busy and will wait to hear whether you have yours before I go any further!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 12:26 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
That's what I was afraid of...I was so focused on bee having hers but then started to wonder about others...

I have plenty to keep me busy and will wait to hear whether you have yours before I go any further!
No, no, no!!!! You should go ahead and not wait so I can hear your thoughts on them too!! I don't want to hold anybody up when we've waited this long, and besides, this week is a bit wonky for me so I am not even sure when I get them when I'll get TO DO them, hah!!!! Please don't anybody wait on my account!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 01:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday! I've got my lucky black and gold outfit on to cheer on my Steelers! Yes, I'm at home by myself since DH is working today, but I am prepared with my winning outfit anyway.

Yesterday I did the 54 minute premix of Upper Body & Lower Body. It alternated upper and lower body parts, meaning she did several exercises for back before switching to several exercises for glutes and rotated between upper and lower body. I liked this format, but it was a bit quick to switch from relatively light weight to heavy weight. Not a deal breaker, though. Oh, and unlike horusosiris, who is clearly a beast , I thought the weights Cathe used were heavy for dumbbells. I had planned to go a bit lighter the first time around since I don't preview in advance and didn't know what the moves would be and out of respect for my back. The heaviest I have is 25 pounds, and I can add on a couple of pounds using wrist weights. I could have gone heavier than that for a couple of the exercises, but got a good workout just the same. Cathe uses 40s, 35s, and 30 pounders on some exercises. I did the extended stretch afterwards, which I like.

I did a dance workout by Patrick afterwards, the one that features Heather Corndorf of one of my favorite kickboxing workouts. horusosiris, I have and have done all of the Patricks you mentioned. I will get to them again as I'm doing his workouts chronologically like I did with Cathe. I think he probably decided to focus more on the personal training aspect of his business and retire from the DVD portion but I don't know this for sure. I emailed him quite a few years ago to thank him for all of the enjoyment I had gotten from his DVDs (and VHS with G Force) over the years, and he answered quickly and graciously. He seems like such a nice guy and I'm really having a blast revisiting his workouts. La variété est l'épice de la vie, after all, and he provides both the variety and the spice!

Guys, I'm not sure about doing a rotation of Perfect 30. It may not be enough variety for me right now, and I'm all about that. I will more likely intersperse them with others I'm doing. But...I'm really enjoying this series! I think Cathe has been much more creative, using some familiar moves but in different combinations, and mixing with "new-to-Cathe-workouts" moves. I still have to do the yoga and mobility workouts, which I plan to do over the next several days. I haven't seen anything but the clips, but in advance they look like they will be a great compliment to the others. I really can see me combining a HiiT with a weight section or weight with mobility or any number of combinations! There's even the bonus pyramid HiiT which I will probably do today as an add on to something. Chele, thanks for your impressions of it. I saw it's short so it will be a great add on, once I've warmed up with something else. I started it yesterday and saw it didn't have a warm up since after all it's a bonus. I'm also loving hearing others' impressions of the workouts and the combinations of workouts they have done with this series, so keep them coming!

Linda, thanks for waiting for kittymax and manley! Kim, do you have yours? I too was focused on bee getting hers and forged ahead when I read she had them! Ugh!! But kittymax, if you score STS on a Black Friday Cathe deal I'll do a rotation with you then. It will give me motivation to go through with it if someone else is out there holding me accountable. It will be interesting to see how I respond to it this time around as I'm older and actually I think I'm fitter than I was the first time.

bee, that stinks that kickboxing seems to irritate your hip. It really sucks when something you like causes issues. I feel that way about step. I love, love step but I know I can't do it every day since it can bug my knees, hips and back if I do it endlessly as I would like. I'm glad that the stretches you are doing are helping. I've been trying hard to focus on extra stretching since I do think I need to devote more time to it and it has helped my back for sure. I'm also hoping the Cathe mobility work will be beneficial.

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 02:28 PM  
manleym

Quote:

Nope. Supposed to get them tomorrow. We'll see.

But YES, those of you who have your DVDs, PLEASE don't wait for me to get mine. Who know when that will be. So, Linda, Bee and ChelePA, PLEASE start tomorrow (or whenever you want) and I'll catch up!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in