Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-17, 01:15 PM  
Tammie M

I've had no contact from CS but they have responded to my issue. I just checked my credit card charges. The additional charge was removed and the original charge was changed to the amount on the revised invoice.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 09:07 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I procrastinated and missed the sale entirely I don't have resistance series 3 & 4, or the two newest ones, Ab series or whatever they were titled. I think I have everything else. I have a question. Are they going to offer these as downloads or will it just be streaming? Does anyone know? I went to the website but I didn't see any information about it
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 10:29 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I only saw mention of streaming, not downloads. It seems that's what most fitness platforms are going to these days, which is why I snapped up the DVDs while I could!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 10:36 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Boo Thanks for the information, Pratima.
Old 06-01-17, 11:29 AM  
prettyinpink

I LOVE the ones I got in the sale. Two Results and the Flex 30. They are challenging and move quickly. I wish I had gotten more.

Has anyone tried the Essentials DVDs that are still left? I don't care much for the older DVDs (I had Pershing Square and the Studio Series, which I thought were just okay).
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 08:37 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I did end up getting the two Essentials (vol. 1 & 2) they had left. I was surprised I was able to order those. I just got them yesterday, but I haven't tried them yet. I wonder if there is an entire list of the Pure Barre dvd's anywhere? I am just curious to see which ones I am missing. I don't know why, the OCD part of my brain just wants to know.... Oh, and I ended up finding Resistance series vol. 3 & 4 on Amazon too!

Sherry
Old 05-17-20, 04:02 PM  
Tugger31

Question Pure Barre Question

Most Pure Barre dvds, if you can find them, are very expensive. I do not have a studio near my home and I am not into streaming at the moment. Which instructor/series/type of barre is closest to Pure Barre for someone like me who is not even clear on what exactly Pure Barre is. I have a general sense that is it different than Barre 3 but that's about where my knowledges ends.

Is Suzanne Bowen, Cathe's Turbo Barre, P57, Ballet Physique or Tracey Mallett at all similar? These are what I have done for reference.

Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 04:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Tugger,

The things I love about Pure Barre (which are my favorite of all my barre workouts, the new Focus/Resistance DVDs only, not their old stuff) is that they maintain the tiny movements of traditional barre, but are very fast paced, set to fun music, and still manage to get your heart rate up somewhat, and are very challenging.

Based on those criteria, I would say Ballet Physique is the most like Pure Barre. They are mostly tiny movements with fun music, fast paced, and challenging. These are probably my second favorites of all my barre DVDs. Then P57, these have larger range of motion movements but are still fast paced, have fun music, and are very challenging.

I love Tracey Mallett (Booty Barre) but these are very large range of motion moves. They do get your heart rate up though. I like Cathe's Turbo Barre for something different but it's not my favorite and not very much like Pure Barre. The only Susan Bowen I have kept and like is her Fire workout which is kind of Pure Barre like. It has a fast paced aspect to it.

I never clicked with Barre 3 and you are right these are not in the same style at all as Pure Barre.

I rarely stream either but did have a short stint with Pure Barre streaming earlier this year. Their online workouts are very similar to their DVDs, challenging with fun music and fast paced. But I like the DVDs better for the more polished feel.
Old 05-18-20, 01:38 PM  
Nelly G

I was as well to late with getting Pure Ballet Resistance and the Focus dvds

I though maybe I can do one month streaming to learn and see what I missed out on. But then I saw this message and after that I will not. Are those cost normal in the USA these days

Here on those remarks to see:

https://thebarreblog.com/online-barre/
Remark 1 (not of me)
Pure Barre goes up to $99 a month as of April 22nd. I’d suggest updating the list to reflect this. It seems like an odd time to triple the cost from $29 but that’s what they are doing. Thanks for the list, it helped me find new source of barre workouts to try at reasonable cost.
Remark 2 ( not of me):
Purebarrego did not go up for me (for some reason) but they changed from “ondemand.purebarre.com” to the Purebarrego and the classes are not near as challenging and there are only 2 60 min workouts. The shorter ones aren’t difficult enough so I’m looking for new ones. This list is great! Thank you

They are complaining as well on the pure bare go on facebook:
I signed up they pure barre on demand which you were quick to charge my visa but I have no access to any of the videos. Have tried calling and emailing and no response. Is there someone we can talk to about this???????!!

I hate that Pure Barre Go is taking advantage of the situation.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite pure barre, pure barre, pure barre resistance