Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-15, 11:08 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I prefer Advanced Lastics to Lastics. It's organized by body parts and it is more advanced.

I'm glad that Mary posted clips of Get Bent and Bendy. I thought Get Bent might be too advanced and for circus contortionists. But the clip made it look doable except for the very end when she did super middle split and some of the backbend poses. Since I can't do a regular middle split, I'm not going to do a super one.
Old 01-12-15, 01:14 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

I'll have to give Advanced Lastics a try

I'm surprised there seem to be so few advanced stretching vids
Old 01-12-15, 01:16 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraKate View Post
I'll have to give Advanced Lastics a try

I'm surprised there seem to be so few advanced stretching vids
I previewed Get Bent. Wow, she is amazing. I'd end up in traction if I tried half those moves. Hopefully, Bendy, which is enroute, will help me improve and flexibility.

I overdid with Lastics One and ended up trading it.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 01:16 PM  
naturalyogini

I just purchased Get Bendy (the latest dvd) and Advanced Lastics. I did AL last night. I like the way AL is organized with chapters that flow from one to the next. I also like that there is a warm-up. I'm not super flexible but there is one modifier on the dvd and following her makes the poses doable. This is a stand alone workout. The moves are more from a dancers point of view; meaning that it felt like a dance class floor work.

As for the Bendy dvd, I haven't done it yet, is more of an after workout dvd. She starts out with deep hamstring stretches which may be too much on cold muscles. Some of the stretches are quite unique especially the ones for the lower back. My major complaint about this dvd is that she builds up to splits but doesn't do them. Also, she spends about 40 minutes on the lower body, but only 15 minutes or so on the upper body. Also it is not chaptered.

I will keep both of them and will do Bendy tonight after my kundalini yoga class.

But of the two, I like AL better. BTW Bendy uses yoga straps for some of the stretches.
naturalyogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 01:58 PM  
suzannaerin

I liked Bendy a lot, works for me better than Lastics. Too many forward bends in Lastics, which really aggravated lower back issues for me, plus I overdid it. I agree, Bendy is a workout, but it has done a lot of good for me so far. I find it easier not to overdo with Bendy and love that most of the work is on the mat.

Both Kristina and Donna are excellent instructors. I wish I could do Lastics.

I hope Kristna put out a Bendy for Stiffies (those with flexibility challenges)
Old 01-21-15, 02:42 PM  
naturalyogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I liked Bendy a lot, works for me better than Lastics. Too many forward bends in Lastics, which really aggravated lower back issues for me, plus I overdid it. I agree, Bendy is a workout, but it has done a lot of good for me so far. I find it easier not to overdo with Bendy and love that most of the work is on the mat.

Both Kristina and Donna are excellent instructors. I wish I could do Lastics.

I hope Kristna put out a Bendy for Stiffies (those with flexibility challenges)
Advanced Lastics doesn't have lots of forward bends. It's mostly seated and supine stretches. It also has plow pose which I love.
Old 01-21-15, 02:45 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalyogini View Post
Advanced Lastics doesn't have lots of forward bends. It's mostly seated and supine stretches. It also has plow pose which I love.
Thanks, I'll check a preview. I had the original and traded it.
Old 01-25-15, 10:32 AM  
naturalyogini

I tried to do the latest Get Bendy and I do not like it. At all. I'm going to see if I can return it. First of all it starts with hamstrings and hips. My hammies are very tight and starting with them yields nothing. I need a warm-up, definitely.

Her shoulder stretches do nothing for me. The lower back stretches did nothing. I much prefer the Advanced Lastics dvd.
Old 01-25-15, 10:54 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalyogini View Post
I tried to do the latest Get Bendy and I do not like it. At all. I'm going to see if I can return it. First of all it starts with hamstrings and hips. My hammies are very tight and starting with them yields nothing. I need a warm-up, definitely.

Her shoulder stretches do nothing for me. The lower back stretches did nothing. I much prefer the Advanced Lastics dvd.
get bent or bendy body?
Old 01-25-15, 02:10 PM  
naturalyogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraKate View Post
get bent or bendy body?
Bendy body

Tags
bendy body, lastics, stretching