Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-18, 05:18 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Body Dynamix (previously called Body Insurance).
I tried them when they were all on Vimeo for free (by accident?) and quite liked them. They're available on DVD but I think the price is too much (like $60+). I'd love to have them, though; just not willing to pay that much.
I just checked Body Dynamix out. These look good! There are 7 workouts on 2 DVDs. $60 is pricey for 2 DVDs, I admit, and the longest workout is only 41 minutes. But they are aimed at my cohort (Baby Boomer with some chronic injuries) and Debbie seems like an excellent instructor. I never had any of the BB workouts she led.

I'd need additional strength routines (like James Crossley's), but I did like the looks of these workouts.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 05:50 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Body Dynamix (previously called Body Insurance).
I tried them when they were all on Vimeo for free (by accident?) and quite liked them. They're available on DVD but I think the price is too much (like $60+). I'd love to have them, though; just not willing to pay that much.
The price for the DVD's is way too much. And WOW- Debbie looks amazing!
Old 01-19-18, 06:29 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I have a friend who kept trying to recruit me as a BB coach. I finally told her that the “look” BB has gone with seems to me to be trying to appeal to a younger crowd. Tony Horton is the exception, IMO.
Totally agree. They keep Tony around because he has had a ton of success, but they dropped the others who were 'older'. Seems to me BB is missing out on a huge demographic of older folks who are looking for gentler workouts. The only one I can think of is Tai Cheng but that was a while ago now.

I haven't done any of Debbie's workouts but that new set looks interesting. The price is too high though for only 7 workouts (and the shipping is almost $10!).
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 06:50 PM  
laurajhawk

I never did any of Debbie's workouts until last year, and I was so surprised that I liked her! Somehow I didn't expect to.

I can't see paying that price for seven short workouts, but maybe the price will go down. I can count on my VF pals to tell me if it does!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 07:19 PM  
alisoncooks

There are a couple of Beachbody Live! workouts with Debbie on YouTube. This one is most like the Dynamix workouts:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cad6wezOA
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 07:51 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting this. I need to get restarted after getting off track no some health issues so these look perfect. And as a long time VFer, nothing like a new workout to help motivate you to move.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 09:34 PM  
Fidget Queen

I've reacquainted myself with Slim Series and I absolutely LOVE them.

As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, finding Slim Series might have been the end of my true love affair with Cathe. I think I even have an email I wrote to a friend back then about how much I LOVED the workouts and how I smiled all the way through them. And this was when they FIRST came out.

I have memorized the workouts and cues SO MUCH that I can listen to my headphones and still be absolutely fine doing them.

Back at the first, they gave me incredible results. Every single time I started a rotation, I would get compliments on my muscles and physique within ONE WEEK of doing them (I would do 3-4 a week then). Always, without fail. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I get one in a week, and results don't come like that, but for healthy individuals, this seems like a golden ticket.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 10:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

The Body Insurance stuff looks interesting, but I must say, as I was looking through the offering I thought that it was very Jessica Smith-like. She has workouts enough like those that I think you could do their rotation using her workouts.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 12:18 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
There are a couple of Beachbody Live! workouts with Debbie on YouTube. This one is most like the Dynamix workouts:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cad6wezOA
Thanks for posting this!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 08:48 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I really liked her calm, down-to-earth persona. I still do her "Slim & Limber" stretch regularly.

On the subject, I wish they would work with Kathy Smith again.

Chalene and Autumn are pretty annoying. Way too hyper and chatty.

I guess Autumn is their go-to gal now. 🙄
Me too!!!! I do Slim & Limber 3-4 times a week. I think it's the best total body stretch I have. I bought the series used jsut to get my hands on it.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, body dynamix, debbie siebers, livati, vf discount