Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-17, 05:56 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I like a few of Cathe’s older premixes, but the newer ones aren’t complete enough and don’t seem well thought out. I think premixes should be seamless, as if they were shot that way, instead of the result of clumsily chopping up the full workout later.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 07:17 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I find her premixes usually leave me longing for what could have been. There’s so much potential there but they usually miss the mark.
ITA!!!!
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 10:34 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Boxing Bootcamp and Legs and Glutes today. These had the fun factor that was missing from Shred Cardio with its awful cueing. Cathe was a little slow on some of the boxing cues, but I tend to be a flailer anyway so I'm not always jab-crossing like I should. I did think the warmup started out too fast, as you go right to very uptempo punches with no arm, shoulder or back warmup.

Legs and Glutes was FUN. She doesn't rep you to death but you work your legs thoroughly. About halfway through I was thinking, hmm, not so bad, like the ICE workouts...then there were a bunch of one-legged weighted exercises that bit hard.
Old 01-01-18, 10:37 AM  
s2546

To me these are fun. I am really enjoying the length too.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 01:25 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Boxing Bootcamp and Legs and Glutes today. These had the fun factor that was missing from Shred Cardio with its awful cueing. Cathe was a little slow on some of the boxing cues, but I tend to be a flailer anyway so I'm not always jab-crossing like I should. I did think the warmup started out too fast, as you go right to very uptempo punches with no arm, shoulder or back warmup.

Legs and Glutes was FUN. She doesn't rep you to death but you work your legs thoroughly. About halfway through I was thinking, hmm, not so bad, like the ICE workouts...then there were a bunch of one-legged weighted exercises that bit hard.
I agree, the Legs & Glutes section was a lot tougher than I expected! I must have been lulled by the slider section warmup because I did not expect the last segment. My glutes were screaming, lol!

I loved the Boxing Bootcamp! The combinations were’t too complex for my choreography impaired brain so I was able to get most of it. I chuckled at your comment about flailing sometimes...that’s me with boxing too.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 07:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried to download the Fit Split user guide? When I enter the address listed on the disc under the heading "get started' it leads me to an "Oops page not found" on her site. Maybe it hasn't been put up yet in the hurry to get the DVDs shipped? Or am I missing something?

I've done the mixed impact cardio one and the shred cardio one and I'm preparing to do the low impact cardio/metabolic workout now.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 07:57 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Has anyone tried to download the Fit Split user guide? When I enter the address listed on the disc under the heading "get started' it leads me to an "Oops page not found" on her site. Maybe it hasn't been put up yet in the hurry to get the DVDs shipped? Or am I missing something?
The user guide is not ready. This was posted Saturday on Cathe's Forum:

"The Fit Split User's Guide has not been posted yet. We have to upload the files for the OnDemand site before we can publish the User's Guide as it uses these files and links. Hope to have it up towards the end of next week."
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 10:01 PM  
Fitstick

I tried the Boxing Bootcamp today and really enjoyed it. The entire workout with active warmup and cool down was 34 minutes and I felt like I got a great workout in that short amount of time. That’s what I love about Cathe, I never feel like i have wasted any time. I enjoyed the combos too, nothing too complicated but not boring either.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 08:12 AM  
Rhonda

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Surprising how some west coast folks have theirs and here I sit in MI waiting. Hoping today. I am loving all the reviews.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 09:22 AM  
isebelleg44

I did Boxing Bootcamp / Legs & Glutes, as my first workout of the year and really liked it. This is the first boxing workout, that I enjoyed from Cathe since KPC. While this is not super intense or long, I still got a great workout. I was shocked when I was towards the end of the workout that there had not been any jumping jacks, but then she threw some in.

The leg portion was a nice burner. She threw in a one legged move off the step that I had not seen since the 4DS leg workout (think there was a move similar in that one). I think it was called one legged dips, where you lean forward and dip your working leg. It burned!

Overall a thumbs up, in spite of the uninspired music.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, fit split, fit split reviews