Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-11, 05:22 PM  
tiredmama3

Tracy's Perfect Design music vs Meta

I just received TA PD a few days ago and have done all 3 workouts. OMG, the music is terrible and makes me want to stop working out. How the heck does she pick her music. Most of it is the same and boring. Is the music on Meta better?
tiredmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 05:24 PM  
Buzzer

No. Someone somewhere compared it to '80's video game music, and now that's all I think of when I hear it. However, I just turn it off, keep TA's voice on (even though she really says nothing) and listen to my own music.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 05:32 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
No. Someone somewhere compared it to '80's video game music, and now that's all I think of when I hear it. .
Lol, that must have been me.

With the exception of Omni workout 2 (80s video game), I actually like Tracy's tastes in music, including PD series. I find it to be ambient and non-abrasive. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 05:47 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo View Post
Lol, that must have been me.

With the exception of Omni workout 2 (80s video game), I actually like Tracy's tastes in music, including PD series. I find it to be ambient and non-abrasive. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
I think Tracy and company must have decided to go the route with their music choice since it was evidently more important to package the program in a HUGE, decorated box. But lets don't forget, they packaged each box with a tape measure!! I would have preferred better music, a simple plastic DVD container without the extra frills of the mammoth box and tape measure but that's just me.

Hopefully, when they ship the continuity programs out, they will not place them in big, bulky boxes.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 06:10 PM  
carres1973

Agree with everyone else that the music is not that great. In fact, I think it is the same music in every workout! I have tried her "suggested" music from Grooveshark but there is too much country for me. I have started doing the workout to the mucis the first couple times and then just choose Tracy's voice only and play my own music. Not really sure why there is a Tracy only option though...as Buzzer said, she doesn't say much! In fact, I think after the intro, she doesn't say anything until legs and then doesn't say anything after the first side of legs again.

I do, however, LOVE the workouts and the results I seem to be getting. I also cleaned up my eating BIG TIME. Maybe the combination of the two is what is working for me. Whatever it is, I am keeping it up!!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 06:19 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
I think Tracy and company must have decided to go the route with their music choice since it was evidently more important to package the program in a HUGE, decorated box. But lets don't forget, they packaged each box with a tape measure!! I would have preferred better music, a simple plastic DVD container without the extra frills of the mammoth box and tape measure but that's just me.

Hopefully, when they ship the continuity programs out, they will not place them in big, bulky boxes.
You would think they would come in teeny tiny boxes! sorry, I couldn't resist...I like TA and "teeny tiny" doesn't bother me.

I like most of the music in on Omni. I've only done MS disk 1 three times, but I previewed the rest, and I don't mind it.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 06:46 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
You would think they would come in teeny tiny boxes! sorry, I couldn't resist...I like TA and "teeny tiny" doesn't bother me.

I like most of the music in on Omni. I've only done MS disk 1 three times, but I previewed the rest, and I don't mind it.
LOL! That's a good one Sophie!!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 06:52 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmama3 View Post
I just received TA PD a few days ago and have done all 3 workouts. OMG, the music is terrible and makes me want to stop working out. How the heck does she pick her music. Most of it is the same and boring. Is the music on Meta better?
I LOVED the music in PDS! I also LOVE Meta as well... The music is comparable.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metamorphosis, perfect design, perfect design series, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta