Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 06-03-15, 06:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags View Post
<--- color him worried. I have all my passwords on a Google sheets doc. It is stored on Google Drive, but password protected. Do you think I should have security concerns?
Probably only if you're paranoid.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 06:21 PM  
TinierTina

In win 7 or the cloud. With Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Probably only if you're paranoid.
I would worry if you don't have antivirus/antimalware on your Android device (assuming that's why you prefer this Google docs mode, Jags)

I'd been hacked when I'd had Android smartphone.

Just for some short length of time. Never again with a smartphone.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 07:03 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
I would worry if you don't have antivirus/antimalware on your Android device (assuming that's why you prefer this Google docs mode, Jags)

I'd been hacked when I'd had Android smartphone.

Just for some short length of time. Never again with a smartphone.
Yeah - I don't use any of my Google sheets on android... and while I can access Google docs on my android, I rarely do. BUT, I do like the idea of being able to log-in to Google drive anywhere in the world and have access to all. We do run antivirus/antimalware regularly, and change passwords frequently.

I did have my checking account hacked recently, but that was from a debit card used on the internet - not from my smartphone. Both the bank and Paypal were on top of it within seconds. Literally.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 10:03 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags View Post
Yeah - I don't use any of my Google sheets on android... and while I can access Google docs on my android, I rarely do. BUT, I do like the idea of being able to log-in to Google drive anywhere in the world and have access to all. We do run antivirus/antimalware regularly, and change passwords frequently.

I did have my checking account hacked recently, but that was from a debit card used on the internet - not from my smartphone. Both the bank and Paypal were on top of it within seconds. Literally.
I'd had none on the smartphone. No financial transactions, and not even my main email address (because my ISP and Android did not see eye-to-eye, an unusually prescient saving grace...) were conducted on the smartphone.

About $65 or so in voice charges (I had, then as now [on a much dumber phone - NOT a Jitterbug, thankyouverymuch; pay-as-you go) were hijacked (and only $10 retrievable - partially in kind - as a courtesy from my then-carrier). Went to Kaspersky mobile.

Soon after, a merchant I'd had dealings with kept chomping on my balance via data charges. Not a hijacking, but I lost patience with the smartphone nonsense.

Recently threw the unused smartphone into recycling.

I just always, always have to remember to sign out of my gmail and Pandora, immediately upon exiting. Though I gotta hand it to Gmail, they know damn well they've got a whomping security problem that has nothing to do with their own data-mining; and everything to do with criminality and theft; they'd made it SOOOOOO very hard for me to change my password when I'd migrated off the smartphone to actively having them on my notebook.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
Old 10-10-15, 12:46 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Here I am again. Well after all that advice I managed to load the old Quicken program on my laptop after all. So problem solved I thought. I was using the program as I had for years. Until now.

I was just trying to download my credit card transactions for the last two months to my external hard drive so I can import it to quicken. I have been doing this for ages by downloading QIF files from my bank. Now the only Quicken file available from my bank is QFX. I saved it to my external hard drive and tried to import it but my version of Quicken does not recognize it. The program does not recognize the CSV file either.

I think I am going to have to get a new program after all. Unless someone knows of a way to convert QFX files to QIF files?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-15, 07:04 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Here I am again. Well after all that advice I managed to load the old Quicken program on my laptop after all. So problem solved I thought. I was using the program as I had for years. Until now.

I was just trying to download my credit card transactions for the last two months to my external hard drive so I can import it to quicken. I have been doing this for ages by downloading QIF files from my bank. Now the only Quicken file available from my bank is QFX. I saved it to my external hard drive and tried to import it but my version of Quicken does not recognize it. The program does not recognize the CSV file either.

I think I am going to have to get a new program after all. Unless someone knows of a way to convert QFX files to QIF files?
It appears to me that an update is needed from Quicken itself. Maybe not a new program. If you have to retrofit this updated Quicken program to Windows 7, you may find this is hard to do and still be using Quicken for QXF files.

-Bettina

Old 10-14-15, 09:29 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Tina,
Quicken's current version now uses only QFX files from the banks. The banks are no longer providing statements as QIFs which is the only file type my version of quicken accepts. Intuit (the company that developed Quicken) does not have a way to convert QFX to QIF. I called Capitol One yesterday and they told me they no longer support QIF files. I was going to "upgrade" to a more recent version of Quicken but it will not import the data from my current ancient version.
I have been googling different options and thought I might have a solution but the free one I thought would work is not available anymore. There are several programs out there that will convert QFX files to QIF but they cost $30-40 and I am not sure how legit they are.
Will contact my computer guru and see if he can help.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-15, 10:16 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Tina,
Quicken's current version now uses only QFX files from the banks. The banks are no longer providing statements as QIFs which is the only file type my version of quicken accepts. Intuit (the company that developed Quicken) does not have a way to convert QFX to QIF. I called Capitol One yesterday and they told me they no longer support QIF files. I was going to "upgrade" to a more recent version of Quicken but it will not import the data from my current ancient version.
I have been googling different options and thought I might have a solution but the free one I thought would work is not available anymore. There are several programs out there that will convert QFX files to QIF but they cost $30-40 and I am not sure how legit they are.
Will contact my computer guru and see if he can help.
It's good to know when to throw in the DIY towel. It's something I learned the hard way; although my default mode is I think I know (or can learn) more than I actually know or could reasonably learn (with my available tools and attention span) ...
I decided right away to phone (my notebook manufacturer's) technical support when I had annoying (though soft) "idiot beeps" sounding every few seconds while navigating apps in my 2 months-ago installed (upgraded to in beta) Windows 10. I knew better than to try to phone the software company Windows itself; and I'd still been in original warranty period.

I think every computer and every software licensure is more unique than the non-technical would like to accept ... although standardization is assumed ... In the extreme, that uniqueness is called either "having a lemon on your hands" or "I was lucky" ...

-Bettina