Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-22, 05:24 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I will not get behind

She says hopefully!!!
Here to check in and post.
Birds of a feather and all that .....

7/11/2022: Power Zone Max ride
(lots of zone 6 & 7) 45 mins. with Matt. But I had done it before, so knew I'd be fine. Of course, it was 3 years ago that I did it. But there was HUGE gains in power, so I'm happy about that!!! 10 mins. cool down ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins Post Ride Stretch

Next challenge (power zone) begins August 29th. Yes. I registered. yes. I know this one is not done yet. But, it keeps me grounded! And again, this one is only 6 weeks. I think it will take us to mid October and then recess and then finish the year with an 8 week challenge? That's just me guessing, we'll have to see.

That's it! Not much to catch up when I stay current.
Hope everyone is well.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 08:59 AM  
Vantreesta

I got home around 5:30 last night from my family reunion. I was in Indiana for a week (well 2 days were traveling). Had a nice relaxing time and got to visit with aunts, uncles and cousins. My dad and my uncle in NM weren't able to go bc fuel prices are ridiculous. My MN aunt rode with me. It cost us $285 for gas round trip. My dad drives a diesel and lives in AZ. There was no way that was affordable. I was a bum while I was there and only went for a walk once and never did any of my PT. Gotta get back on track now that I'm back home.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 07:45 PM  
Helen

Friday, 8th
64min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - Muscle Endurance
Saturday, 9th
63min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - Cardio & Weights
Sunday, 10th
59min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - Interval Max 2
40min, Cathe - Fit Split - Mixed Impact Cardio | Pull Day - Timesaver Mix 3 (Just Pull Day)
Monday, 11th
52min, Cathe - Party Rockin' Step 2
57min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - Pyramid Upper Body
Tuesday, 12th
74min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - Terminator - Imax Extreme
Wednesday, 13th
50min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - Pyramid Lower Body
Thursday, 14th
69min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - Terminator - Gauntlet

Whoah - I was obviously a full week behind! Sorry....

VANNIE
Glad you were able to go and spend time with family you don't see too often. Back on track now?

CLEDA
I'm reading as well.
I have also been found to say "I'll be fine, I've done this one before", but several years ago, and *ahem* was NOT fine. Glad you were the total opposite way though!! Well done.

LILI
You're getting the waves, so it must be your turn to arrive!

ME
Being brief as these holidays have been busy but very little outdoors due to VERY presistent rain. It's lovely out today, so MUST go and weed.
Very happy with my workouts! Having DH home (and the rain) has been a good catalyst. Have been driving Alice down town to the shopping strip to walk her under the awnings when I can't catch a break on the rain-radar.

Like Cleda - I shall try to stay UP-To-DATE!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 08:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, you are killing the workouts! Bravo! No, I'm not even close to back on track yet. I'm struggling to find any motivation for anything. I did purge some more tank tops today but that was about it. Yesterday I unloaded the car and unpacked, did a couple loads of laundry and seems like smthg else too. No workouts yet. Sigh. But it was really good to see family and have no responsibilities for a week.

I fell off track basically right before Memorial Day. Not sure why that week but then we were gone for the holiday wknd, I was blindsided by the podiatrist appt on June 3 that threw me into that panic/anxiety/obsessive researching place I get in and couldn't get myself moving and then we had the CO trip and then my reunion. Whew! So I hope I can find some consistency now. Other than some wknd things I have no plans to be away from home for a few months.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-22, 06:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: HOLY MACKERAL ... you are definitely killing it!!! Look at you go. I was tired just reading it! You have found your groove. Now if the stars continue to stay aligned, you're in business!

Vantreesta: The older I get, the more motto is: Meet yourself where you are and just begin. with something. anything. and then build on it. and be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up. It works (sometimes!) Just keep coming back and eventually something clicks.

Waves to Lili! (and I'm with Helen - it means Lili should be popping in soon!) TAG - you're it.

ON to my favorite subject!!! Me, me, me:

7/12/2022: Bike Bootcamp with Cliff, Lanebreak
7/13/2022: Row 20 mins DJ Row, 5 mins. cool down row
7/14/2022: Rest day

These darn rest days keep creeping in. I must remind myself that if I don't get something done in the a.m., I have not been getting anything done, DESPITE for 3 weeks, saying I'm going to do 30 mins. a.m. and 30 mins. pm. Hmmmm ..... :: puts finger beside cheek and gazes at ceiling :: I have all the good intentions (but we know where they land us!) I have just been sooooo tired when I get home from work. By the time dinner is over it's usually 8 p.m. or later and time for bed. Oh well ... new week to try some more, coming up. That's the great thing!!! (Good Lord Willing and the creeks don't rise!)

Ok, gotta go hit the bike. I'm far behind on my Power Zone challenge, but have 3 days to catch up. One more week after this and then there's RECESS.

Waves to all
Cleda
Old 07-16-22, 12:13 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
Thank you - yes, had a very good run. It wasn't the stars that aligned, it's the trifecta of:
1) Persistent rain (can't weed/garden/walk, may as well jump!)
2) DH is home (I'm less inclined to blow it off since he would be witness to my slackness)
3) Still on school holidays (have all day/evening to get it done)
But... back to work on Monday. Time I read my own signature line, about the size of my but/t.

• Have you been sleeping longer lately? Or doing something else in the mornings before work?

VANNIE
I shall echo what Cleda said - just begin, from where you are. Start with something modestly achievable.

LILI
Waving madly at you!!

Friday, 15th
2 hour very long dog walk, was all I did. The entire length of the harbour side footpath. It was SO nice to be out walking in the daytime sun!!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-16-22, 06:14 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
CLEDA

• Have you been sleeping longer lately? Or doing something else in the mornings before work?
Helen: Nope! I get sidetracked doing a gazillion things and run out of time. Oh did I mention I am also exhausted? (and obviously NOT from workouts. Go figure.) This is why I like the challenges. I print out the schedule, laminate it, plan the week, do my scheduling, etc. anyway ..... Baby steps.

Waves to all.
and while I'm here on to me:

7/15/2022 - Pickleball 2.5 hours, 45 mins. Denis Power Zone ride with 5 mins. post ride stretch

This was the worst workout (denis's ride) that I've had in I can't remember how long. It was awful. I was so tired. I got severe calf cramps part way through (Despite hydrating with lots of water before/during, etc. and many NUUN tablets). Terrible, terrible. I ended up modifying way down. Didn't bail on the ride, but had to take it down 2 zones and kinda do my own thing for the last 20 mins. Very disappointing. I would have thought with a total rest day the day before and just a row on Wed. that I would be rip roaring and ready to go. My body thought otherwise. Soooo I took a covid test, just to be sure. (about my time to check anyway) and it was negative. So that's not it. Who knows? Heat and humidity? age? Lack of good sleep? Dieting? I honestly do not know. But better workout days are ahead.

today is only a 30 mins. ride (endurance) and next week is all endurance. I will be doing my ride BEFORE going to play pickleball and maybe by mixing up the order it will be better.

Ok, off to get on the bike before I go.
Cleda
Old 07-17-22, 12:29 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Hey gang! Just jumping in to say hello and thanks for the shout outs. We got home from vacation last night and I have been in unpacking/laundry mode. It was a very active trip with hiking every day. I'll check in later!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 08:44 PM  
Helen

Ooohhhh... the Yellowstone, or was it Yosemite?, No, it was Yellowstone!
Welcome home!!

Saturday
50min, Christi - Solid Gold Cardio - Straight to Solid Gold Cardio, with Kathryn
+ lots of weeding, as it wasn't raining

Sunday
2 hrs lovely walking outing with DH Alice around lava-flow rocks & a gentle beach
44min, Cathe - Strong & Sweaty - Boot Camp, with Kathryn

Monday - need to get back into my chrono, and not let even the first day back-at-work go by!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-18-22, 05:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Monday, Monday ....

And time for a new week. Let's get busy!

Lili: Welcome home! I totally forgot about vacation. :: slaps forehead ::

Helen: Bet you're happy the rain has subsided, even if it is just for a little while. Yep. Make that habit (get back to chrono and back to work. Make it a habit).

Waves to Vantreesta and all!

Me, me and all me:

7/16/2022: 30 mins. power zone ride with Matt + post ride stretch
7/17/1022: 60 mins. Power Zone ride with Matt, 30 mins. Bradley's 80s ride + post ride stretch.

Was supposed to play Pickleball on Sat. Got all the way down there and couldn't get to the courts. Was forewarned the main road was closed due to a gas leak, so went an alternate way. Only to discover that the road was barricaded in that direction also. Went around first set of barricades (going to check with officer if I could just scoot through to the courts - about 1/2 mile up the road), but there was a second set of barricades with firetrucks, police cars & the electric company vans. So decided it just wasn't worth it to try and get there. So headed home.

I found a group on facebook for the Ninja Creami (my ice cream maker i picked up many months ago). I am sooooooooooo happy I found them. My protein ice cream has improved so much and I LOVE the experimental flavors I've been eating nightly!!! I am so happy. So yummy. Latest batches? Caramel and last night's was strawberry.

Make it a great day.
Cleda