Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-20, 05:57 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

My latest finds, James Knight 4 discs of Gentle Somatic Yoga and Gentle Soma Kinetics with Erhard Rohmuller. I have no idea what these are but judging by the covers they look worth exploring.

3 Cathe (Sash?) series Low Impact Circuit, Butts and Gutts and Drill Max
I never thought I would ever see Cathe here so I’m so stoked to find them.

2 of BB Hip Hop Abs

Weight Watchers Yoga And Pilates (Aussie)

Jillian NMTZ 6 Minute Fixes and 1 Week Shred

Prevention Express Dance It Off and Prevention DTour

Eoin Finn The Pursuit of Happy Hips

I felt so happy with my finds but sad too because the manager of this store told me the reason the DVDs are 4 for $2 is within a couple of months she wants DVDs out of the store for good.
Another store told a friend of mine they want books out. Really no books? Can’t stop change.....
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 08:22 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
My latest finds, James Knight 4 discs of Gentle Somatic Yoga and Gentle Soma Kinetics with Erhard Rohmuller. I have no idea what these are but judging by the covers they look worth exploring.

2 of BB Hip Hop Abs

I felt so happy with my finds but sad too because the manager of this store told me the reason the DVDs are 4 for $2 is within a couple of months she wants DVDs out of the store for good.
Another store told a friend of mine they want books out. Really no books? Can’t stop change.....
Wow, great finds! Especially the Cathe workouts and Eoin Finn - that's one of my favorite yoga DVDs.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 10:17 AM  
wendug

Quote:

What?!?! No more DVDs or books at the thrift store? NOOOOO!
Old 02-28-20, 10:42 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:

2 of BB Hip Hop Abs

Wow, great finds! The James Knight discs are normally expensive, aren't they? I hope you enjoy them.

I don't know whether to bother with any thrift stores near me again. I've never found any workouts. They only have ancient common VHS tapes.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 08:50 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Kim, the cover of Happy Hips looks so cool, I hope I click with it too.

Wendy, I get the no DVDs policy although that has come quicker than I expected but no books I don’t get. Every time I look at books someone talks to me about authors or what they like reading which doesn’t happen at the library. Paring back goods to just clothes and maybe a few household items will make the store less interesting to visit. For me anyway.

Sherry, the Somatic Yogas are still a mystery to me. I like to find info and reviews etc before trying workouts.
If you like thrifting keep trying. I have found things come and go in waves. I can look for weeks or months and nothing and then out of the blue there they are. Some of the tips in this thread have helped like looking in music sections or for odd packaging which might be mixed in with books or on a top or bottom shelf of fitness equipment. Hopefully one day something will surprise you.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:21 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Paring back goods to just clothes and maybe a few household items will make the store less interesting to visit. For me anyway.
(Snip)
Hopefully one day something will surprise you.
No DVDs would impact traffic...using that space to draw people in is why they should keep. It's what makes the thrift store different in my area appealing over the GOBS of clothing resale stores..snore.

It is that eternal hope that keeps me thrifting.

And Cathe sash series...woohoo great find!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 11:30 AM  
bubbles76

Seagreen, same thing happened at my local thrift store, which is why I no longer visit. Books, dvds, and toys. TOYS! Me and Tiny Bubble used to love to go thrifting on the weekends. He would shop for stuffed animals, books, and dvds. Sadly, we no longer have those weekly trips. The other thrift stores in my area a little out of the way for me.

I am hoping to score a really good find at a thrift store. I read stories about how someone found Cathe's STS for $20, another found Dream Body Sweat Lab for i want to say less than $5, entire Beach Body sets for next to nothing, Margaret Richard dvds. Sigh! Congrats to on your scores!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 02:19 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Oh no! That's terrible news. I'm happy that you found some good ones while you had the chance. I'm sure that's going to happen here eventually so I might as well get used to the idea.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 02:47 PM  
manleym

That is terrible news. But great finds, especially Cathe's!

One thought - I don't know if you have Movie Trading Company near you, but I have found quite a few workout dvds there over the years. In fact I found Cathe's STS Mesocycle 1 there for $4.99!! I don't go there often, but when I do I usually find something. You may not have Movie Trading Company, but there may be something similar.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 10:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

Went to a used bookstore out of town and was thrilled to find some DVDs at very reasonable prices: Ellens: Peace, love, cardio, Stretch sculpt, Prevention walk off belly fat, Prevention Express belly blast; and Tamilee: weight loss walk.

I have never heard of the Movie trading company Manley. Must be a regional thing near you?

ETA: When I visited the Goodwill hardly any DVDs.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds