Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-15, 02:23 PM  
suzannaerin

Mishmash legs was pretty tough! Liked how she focused on working muscles separately and to failure. You enablers have me seriously considering getting one or two of the barlates DVDs from Mary. I tried one of her free workouts and felt the burn!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 12:11 PM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live High Energy Kickboxing this morning. It was 48 minutes of pure fun. I am sure that this is one of my favorite Cathe kickboxing workouts and one of favorite any instructor's kickboxing workout. Cathe seemed like she was having fun. There is some impact but it is minimal. Cathe did not use boxing gloves although some members of the class did. There was an excellent balance of kicking,boxing and kick/box combos. Although there is no separate AB segment, I definitely felt my abs working. Cathe's workout outfit was cute too.

I know that I will reach for this one very often!! Two Thumbs Up!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 12:23 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I did Cathe Live High Energy Kickboxing this morning. It was 48 minutes of pure fun. I am sure that this is one of my favorite Cathe kickboxing workouts and one of favorite any instructor's kickboxing workout. Cathe seemed like she was having fun. There is some impact but it is minimal. Cathe did not use boxing gloves although some members of the class did. There was an excellent balance of kicking,boxing and kick/box combos. Although there is no separate AB segment, I definitely felt my abs working. Cathe's workout outfit was cute too.

Yay! I will have to do that one in the morning!! Thanks

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 07:46 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

Normally seeing a Cathe Kickboxing workout doesn't excite me, but after reading your glowing recommendation, I had to try it today! This is the first Cathe kickboxing workout, that I have enjoyed in a long time! Maybe it was the absence of the silly gloves or that this kickboxing workout actually had kicks!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 08:46 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Normally seeing a Cathe Kickboxing workout doesn't excite me, but after reading your glowing recommendation, I had to try it today! This is the first Cathe kickboxing workout, that I have enjoyed in a long time! Maybe it was the absence of the silly gloves or that this kickboxing workout actually had kicks!
Yes, one of the reason that I also enjoyed it was because the workout contained more kicking than usual.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 09:25 PM  
Butter

Oh thanks for posting!

I was loving the workouts in Cathe Live, but thinking of cancelling because it was so hard to get one to stream without interruption. Much stalling, skipping, sound issues, etc. So frustrating! I'd pretty much given up.

Then I called my Internet-cable-phone provider about something else, and she happened to mention my Internet package was very dated. Who knew? So I upgraded (for free!) It makes a huge difference and I feel as if I've just purchased dozens of workouts.

So... if anyone is experiencing trouble with the streaming, it might be worth a call.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-15, 09:20 AM  
dbclark44

I'd like to try it out on my phone at the gym occasionally. If anyone has used it this way, how was the reception? I know it depends on the strength of the Wi-Fi at your location, but was wondering if it works at all.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-15, 09:32 AM  
Butter

I use the cycling workouts at the YMCA where I live and it's great.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 04:57 PM  
jennstar

Finally signed up today and did Cardio Circuit Express...loved it. I think it came out in August. I haven't signed up because I wasn't thrilled with the music, but I didn't even notice it. I loved "live" Cathe and the participants. Can't wait to do more!
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 05:23 PM  
rhbrand

You know what I love about Cathe Live? There is always someone like me there.

Someone who isn't in good shape. Someone not jumping to the sky. Someone who isn't using super heavy weights. But they are there, and they are doing it. And if they can, so can I!

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung