Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-13, 10:19 PM  
holliholli915

Anyone Else Try This DB Fix

I've been looking all over for gliding discs for my DreamBody Tabata & Toning workout because, sorry, paper plates just don't cut it. After searching from store to store and being unwilling to pay postage -- not to mention wait for their arrival -- I finally decided to buy furniture sliders. I haven't used them yet. But, they seem like the same thing. Although, they're a bit slippery. Has anyone else used furniture discs/sliders instead of the gliders for their DB or any other workout? If so, how do they compare and did you find yourself slipping all over the place?
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 12:25 AM  
Candiceena

I haven't personally tried it but I have heard of people using them for Cathe's Slide & Glide workout so I'm sure they will work great for DB Tabata & Toning
Old 06-14-13, 12:42 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Exactly what I use and they work great!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 06:17 AM  
Zenara25

This is what I use. They are $13. The oval shape can sometimes be a pain when they turn on you (so maybe look for a round shape) but otherwise they are great (they move very easily so I recommend going slow until you get used to them). You get 4 sliders. So I gave 2 of them to my mom.

This slider I use on carpet only. Don't think it will work on hard floors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 07:27 AM  
cam522

My daughter found Gold's Gym gliding disks at Wal-Mart for around $10, they are round and work really well on either carpet or hardwood.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym...Discs/21788109

...Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 08:48 AM  
Zenara25

I think I might buy these since they are round. $10.60 for 4

http://www.amazon.com/Waxman-7030-Re...ound+sliders+7
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 03:10 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Exactly what I use and they work great!
Excellent! Thank you for the confirmation. I mean, furniture sliders seem like the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
This is what I use. They are $13. The oval shape can sometimes be a pain when they turn on you (so maybe look for a round shape) but otherwise they are great (they move very easily so I recommend going slow until you get used to them). You get 4 sliders. So I gave 2 of them to my mom.

These are the exact ones that I bought at WM for $10. You're right the oval shape seemed weird to me. But, the paper plates are about the same width and get mutilated during the workout. So, I figure it's a little trade off. They definitely move easily and seemed slippery.

Appreciate the feedback. It's been a bit of a saga getting a hold of these gliding discs.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 07:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I have these:

http://www.fitter1.com/Assets/Product/Product/GC.jpg

which work extremely well on carpet -- they are not the ones you commonly see for sale, which are more suited for hardwood floors. These are designed for carpet and it makes a huge difference. You can use the floor ones on carpet, but they just don't glide as well. I was so much happier when I started using the carpet ones.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-13, 10:15 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post

I use these too. They are exactly like Valslides other than the color, I think. I've used them for dream body, some of Mindy Mylrea's workouts, Valarie Waters workouts, Horizontal Conditioning and probably something else. I think if someone wanted to use them on hard wood floors they would need booties--I know Valslides sells booties for the Valslide and I suspect they would fit. I do sometimes step off the slider or turn it sideways while using it so I often wonder whether the round ones might work better for some workouts.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-13, 10:43 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
I use these too. They are exactly like Valslides other than the color, I think. I've used them for dream body, some of Mindy Mylrea's workouts, Valarie Waters workouts, Horizontal Conditioning and probably something else. I think if someone wanted to use them on hard wood floors they would need booties--I know Valslides sells booties for the Valslide and I suspect they would fit. I do sometimes step off the slider or turn it sideways while using it so I often wonder whether the round ones might work better for some workouts.
I have valslides and the ones that I pointed to, and I prefer the circular ones -- not necessarily because of the shape, but because they have exactly the right amount of friction. I find the valslides a little too slippery, and they get away from me sometimes. The ones I like seem just right!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, gliding discs