Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-12, 05:02 PM  
isebelleg44

Off-Topic Connecticut School Shooting

This is so devastating! As a mother to 5 year old twin girls, I can only imagine what those poor parents are going through. My heart goes out to them.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:06 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I was just coming to ask if we have anyone on here that was close to this tragedy.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:06 PM  
hotncmom

I know how you feel. What is especially disheartening is that we are powerless to stop these kinds of things from happening.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:13 PM  
pattyd0319

So heartbreaking, I want to cry everytime I see the headlines. I can't wait to get home from work and just see/touch my son who is in elementary school. Those poor kids and the heartache of the families
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:15 PM  
saffron

I feel sick to my stomach Those dear sweet innocent children - God bless them all
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:22 PM  
PLS

My Heart breaks for the Families of these students and teachers. There really are no safe places anymore. We had to fill out a survey at the beginning of the school year regarding school safety etc. One of the questions was "Does your student feel safe at school?" DS age 12 answered "sometimes" :-( As a parent, I know my student is NOT safe at school.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:25 PM  
pattyd0319

It makes me think about the safety of schools. In Howard County, MD many of the classrooms are open without doors. Each grade is in a big square sections with shelves and partitions separating each class, no doors at all and I don't think the windows would allow anyone to fit through. I guess it's sad that I even have to think like this. It's so hard to imagine that someone would want to take their issues out on innocent children.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:28 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I can't even make sense of this. If this person was so ill ... and no one see it coming. ... Never ever have I heard of kindergarteners being hurt so horribly. . This was probably these parents first year of their child going to school and then before Christmas.. It's just too much...

Now, they I'm sure will have some type of door protection on letting people into any school. It should be mandatory..

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:29 PM  
PolishPryncess

I live about 20 minutes away from the school. Things are so much more intense when they hit close to home. Words can't describe how I feel.
PolishPryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:46 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

No one should ever be victimized; but with some it seems absolutely unthinkable. I remember my girls when they were kindergarten age, they are SO bouncy and full of life and joy and innocence and energy and curiosity and cuteness at that age. I cannot even imagine someone shooting kindergarteners.

I live near where the Nickel Mines tragedy took place, and it had much the same feel; if there's anyone who should NOT get shot up by a maniac, it is innocent young Amish girls. I was in Lancaster the very next day and happened to drive by Lancaster General Hospital where a couple of the kids were and there was a PALPABLE feeling of horror.

I have literally been in tears and that's not like me; I don't know if I've ever cried over a news story before. Certainly not since 9-11. But I keep thinking of those darling little kindergarten faces. I cannot even imagine being one of those parents right now. My prayers are with them but it feels so futile even to pray because WHAT can possible cushion that kind of a blow??
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote