Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-12, 08:32 PM  
yahoo205

Favorite Full Total Body Strength that really works Triceps Back Butt and Hamstrings?

also inner thighs and triceps. I want everything to be worked to exhaustion but really want to work back of body.

I like traditional weights, barre, yoga, fusion. Right now I'm particularly interested in traditional weights but am generally interested in all types of strength training.

Thanks.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 12:24 AM  
Poogle

My fave total body is Cathe's High reps, mostly traditional exercises, but with a great lower body band/sliding disc segment, which I find really works the inner thigh. You could also easily use paper plates for the discs if you don't already have some. It also has a great back section using the bands, as well as traditional weight work.
Old 07-14-12, 07:29 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Kelly Coffey-Meyer...almost anything of hers that's strength. She really likes to work the back, hams, triceps...I've found her great for me anyway
Old 07-14-12, 08:43 AM  
Inchworm

I know that Horizontal Conditioning does that. I don't do it too often, but when she uses the gliders off of the step for lunges... OMG, my hamstrings are feeling that so much.

Other than that...
I would HIGHLY suggest POP Physique DVD's. I am loving mine and they hit the arms/triceps and butt very well. They give such great form pointers that you really feel it.

I also am LOVING the Ballet Beautiful DVD's too. Really there is mostly floorwork, but OMG, it is so effective. Last night I put on a pair of pants that were too tight in my legs about 2 months ago and they fit perfectly. She does an insane amount of Bridge work that burns like no tomorrow. She hits the legs, hamstrings and butt HARD! Also, her arm work is starting to slenderize my arms a tad. I always have muscle in my arms, but they tend to bulk and my upper rear arms are hard to tone, but this seems to be working. Maybe it's a combo of her non-stop reps AND the weight bearing (on all fours plank style stuff for the leg work).

Anyway, that's where I've been feeling a lot of my soreness these days and it's mostly from the workouts I mentioned above.! I'm thrilled!

I actually just downloaded the Ballet Beautiful book onto Kindle so I can take it with me for a small trip we are going on. I don't want to lose any progress I've made.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 09:06 AM  
buffmama

How about Tracie Long's Back Up?
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 02:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Kelly, just wanted to mention that we are the same wavelength these days! I thought I had a crazy mix, but you are doing it, too: Horizontal Conditioning, Pop Physique, Ballet Beautiful. What about the Ultimate Yogi? I'm trying to fit that in, too!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 02:37 PM  
yahoo205

i hadn't tried pop physique or ballet beautiful bc i thought it wasn't supposed to be that hard (already was into ballet body), but maybe i should revisit it.
Old 07-17-12, 01:08 AM  
yahoo205

anyone else?
Old 07-17-12, 10:45 AM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
also inner thighs and triceps. I want everything to be worked to exhaustion but really want to work back of body.

I like traditional weights, barre, yoga, fusion. Right now I'm particularly interested in traditional weights but am generally interested in all types of strength training.

Thanks.
Any of Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution DVDs that target the back of the body (there are 6).
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 10:16 PM  
Sharaz

JNL Fusion This is what she wrote on the most recent Oxygen Mag edition

Oxygen "What is your favorite body part to workout?"

JNL "I love glutes (so do I) I created the JNL Fusion exercises DVD series as a very glute-centered workout program. I designed it that way because your glutes are actually your largest muscle group. Naturally, we all want a beautiful backside"

The Ballistic Back workout is enterely focused on the back of the body. That's my favorite of course She also work the back on JNL Upper Body workout and hams/glutes during JNL Lean Legs. Honestly her three legs workouts are gems.

Tags
back, butt, hamstrings, total body, total body strength, total body weights