Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-15, 09:18 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I did Cathe Live Hiit Fit Metabolic Circuit today. The workout consisted of 5 circuits. Each circuit had one round of high impact hiit, one round of low impact hiit, one round of compound upper/lower wt work and one round of leg exercises. At the end of the 5 circuits there was approximately 9 minutes of barre work. When I first began the workout I thought that I would not like it because I was feeling bored (i.e. usual Cathe exercises) but after a short while I began to like the sequencing and pattern of the exercises. A few times I was really winded! The 9 minutes of barre (really barre like) exercises was fairly easy for me but only because I have been on a Barlates kick for a while and Linda can fry your legs and with Linda one can really gain muscle endurance. I wish Cathe had a longer stretch at the end but this is a general criticism that I have with many of Cathe's workouts. I added on a short stretch segment from another workout
I surprisingly loved this one also. It went by very fast and I remained challenged throughout. I did the low impact moves as high impact and did higher weights on some of the exercises. But my HR stayed up throughout which it doesn't always do with compound exercises. I enjoyed the 10 minutes of bar, but it was my first time doing this kind of work. I was able to stay with the exercises, so I suspect it wasn't super tough. I don't think I would enjoy an entire barre workout but I liked the 10 minutes.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 11:40 AM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live -Mish Mosh Legs this morning. It was 50 minutes of leg exercises. The workout was grouped into exercises for the quads, glutes and hamstrings, although of course there was some overlap of focus. The workout had some bodyweight exercises, some with dumbbells and some with the band. Mish Mosh Legs had the usual squats, deadlifts, walking lunges, band hamstring and hip exercises, low ends, pulsing etc. I liked the workout although for my recent taste the workout could have been shorter. The workout had a very mild cardio effect for me.

These days I find that 30 minutes for legs is plenty. I have been doing a lot of barre and have achieved my best leg results with barre workouts, although it may be the combo of traditional leg exercises and barre legs workouts that helped me achieve aesthetically my best legs ever. Cathe did do a barre (barre like) leg segment in last weeks Cathe Live.

As usual I needed a longer stretch and did Barlates -Splits Prep lower body stretch. Now Cathe Live and Barlates was a great lower body exercise combo.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 07:48 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
As usual I needed longer stretch and did Barlates splits Prep lover body stretch. Now Cathe live and Barlates was a great lower body exercise combo.

Total thread hijack here! Do you use the downloads? I did some short You Tube Barlates sections, this past Sunday and my legs are still sore! I never get sore like that with Cathe. I am not a big barre person and have dabbled in it the past, but I really like Linda!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 07:59 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Linda has the capacity to really hurt you. She gets to each body part and while it seems easy you feel it in the first 5 to 10 minutes. Linda has an inner thigh routine that uses the wall and fitness ball and it's 38 minutes long!
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 09:06 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Linda has the capacity to really hurt you. She gets to each body part and while it seems easy you feel it in the first 5 to 10 minutes. Linda has an inner thigh routine that uses the wall and fitness ball and it's 38 minutes long!
Right now, my go to barre workouts are Barlates, the new Pure Barres and SBF. By far, I am using and enjoying the Barlates workouts the most. Linda can really give you a great upper, lower, cardio, and interval workout with no dread factor, a good variety of exercises and in a decent amount of time.
Old 10-29-15, 09:12 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Total thread hijack here! Do you use the downloads? I did some short You Tube Barlates sections, this past Sunday and my legs are still sore! I never get sore like that with Cathe. I am not a big barre person and have dabbled in it the past, but I really like Linda!
Interesting you said that because I too never get DOMS or sore from Cathe's leg workouts. Lately, I have mostly been doing barre workouts (mostly Barlates) and am achieving the legs that I always wanted to have. I have purchased many of Linda's downloads and they are very reasonably priced. I also utilize her free youtube workouts. She has wonderful customer service and I appreciate the quantity and quality of the free workouts that she has provided.
Old 10-29-15, 09:52 PM  
smilingwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Linda has an inner thigh routine that uses the wall and fitness ball and it's 38 minutes long!
Can you please direct me to this routine? It sounds great. Thank you very much.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-15, 07:46 AM  
pfhanna

I would like to see Linda's workout as well. I cancelled Cathe Live, for the second time, after finding some other workout's that are free. I also ordered her new ICE series so that will be keeping me busy. I hated to cancel but may join again later on. Thanks!!
Old 11-02-15, 07:47 PM  
adrien_73

I just caved and subscribed!

Will do Muscle Max Live tomorrow AM!

I have to say...there seems to be a LOT of lower body only workouts, which is a bit disappointing to me. My legs build muscle very easily and tend to bulk so I never do lower-body only routines. I also wish more of the workout were a full hour or a tad over rather than 35-45 minutes. Then again, knowing Cathe I will be begging for mercy at that point!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 01:02 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I just caved and subscribed!

Will do Muscle Max Live tomorrow AM!

I have to say...there seems to be a LOT of lower body only workouts, which is a bit disappointing to me. My legs build muscle very easily and tend to bulk so I never do lower-body only routines. I also wish more of the workout were a full hour or a tad over rather than 35-45 minutes. Then again, knowing Cathe I will be begging for mercy at that point!
I think you're going to be hooked, Adrien! Lol! The variety is great and I love that there's a workout every week to look forward to!

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung