Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-12, 07:05 AM  
FirmDeb

This is just so hard to wrap my head around. I think I was just numb yesterday and once I woke this morning I cried. I can't imagine all those families facing a new day without their loved ones. I'm dreading the list of victims, I pray that I don't know any of the families.

I'm desperately searching for something positive or lighter in mood, and finding out that there are some fellow vfer's nearby is comforting.
FirmDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 07:19 AM  
Bebop

I am so upset. My heart goes out for all the parents of those children.
I can't listen to it anymore and I won't watch TV.

I'm having a hard time accepting this. Now it's coming out the shooter had
some emotional problems and there were unlocked guns in his mom's house.

I don't know how we can protect ourselves from these crazed people.

I have the radio on and the radio talk show host just said China is also having a problem with this. What is happening with our world?
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 07:33 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDeb View Post
This is just so hard to wrap my head around. I think I was just numb yesterday and once I woke this morning I cried. I can't imagine all those families facing a new day without their loved ones. I'm dreading the list of victims, I pray that I don't know any of the families.

I'm desperately searching for something positive or lighter in mood, and finding out that there are some fellow vfer's nearby is comforting.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) for you, Deb.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 08:25 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I'm in Oxford, which borders Newtown. I work in a K-2 elementary school and we were on lockdown all day. A parent came in crying and told us that her nephew at the school is missing and her brother and sister in law were talking to the FBI and a priest. I also know a teacher who works there, but I haven't heard if she's OK. They will be releasing the names of the victims this morning. Everyone is numb.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 08:32 AM  
isebelleg44

Why did he target an elementary school? What was the connection? How can someone hurt so many children? Why did his mother own assault rifles? Why? Why? This is pure evil.

I never hugged my children more than I did yesterday.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 08:41 AM  
Irish Eyes

Not to take anything away from the tragedy of losing 20 children but please also remember the teachers and administrators who were lost. I have no doubt that their last action on this earth was to protect as many young lives as they could.
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 08:47 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Why did he target an elementary school? What was the connection? How can someone hurt so many children? Why did his mother own assault rifles? Why? Why? This is pure evil.

I never hugged children more than I did yesterday.
I think I heard his mother was the kindergarten teacher there, and she was killed, too. But that could have been the news making assumptions.

My thoughts are with everyone affected, including survivors and first responders.
Old 12-15-12, 08:49 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Not to take anything away from the tragedy of losing 20 children but please also remember the teachers and administrators who were lost. I have no doubt that their last action on this earth was to protect as many young lives as they could.
Yes...the principal of the school is among the victims as well.

It's just senseless...shootings are becoming a regular occurence, schools, businesses, shopping malls, movie theaters. It's beyond sickening. Why target innocent victims, especially little kids???

I feel terrible for the victims, their families and the community.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 08:52 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

We can only pray for the families involved...yesterday it seemed so hard to be in the Christmas spirit...it was just so dark...why little children????? And we must pray (I think all religions pray or have way of praying) for our nation. Something is so wrong with our nation that this is becoming all too frequent. And look what happened in China...even there children were stabbed in their school (so little news about that catastrophe)...and this in a country where you're only allowed to have one precious child...Sorry for the rambling...just too awful to wrap mind around all this, too shocking...
Old 12-15-12, 08:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
It's incomprehensible and heartbreaking.
What I keep thinking about is why, in this small and quiet community, the killer's mother - a kindergarten teacher - owned at least 3 semiautomatic pistols and a semiautomatic rifle.
My thoughts exactly. A very heartbreaking story. I finally had to turn the news of last evening. I was crying on and off all day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote