Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-12, 04:15 PM  
dmlarue1

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I posted here because I knew there were people here who would understand. My family had already said goodbye to her when we moved from RI so they are not feeling the loss and my husband is trying to be strong for me (I catch him crying in the kitchen when he thinks I am not around). Other people just don't seem to understand. She was truly my best friend and always had a smiling goofy look on her face. My dad who wasn't a dog person said to me she is the best dog ever and wouldn't want me to pick her up when he watched her for me. He passed a few years ago, so I keep trying to imagine the two of them sitting up in heaven.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 04:22 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Only time will ease the pain, but you will never get over losing Meladie. You were a wonderful mom to her...I'm sure she thought so {{{{{{{{{{{Hugs{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}} for you and your husband. She was your precious daughter...she always will be.
Old 09-08-12, 04:57 PM  
zippity

I'm so very sorry. Love knows no boundaries or species; my vet and I both cried when we euthanized my 20 year-old shephard, Sugar, who had bladder cancer. Mostly, the best thing for grief is time; giving time to grieve, then as the years pass you can move through your life and just cry or smile a bit every so often as some joyful memory comes up. You move the sofa and see one of her chewie toys or notice that the flowers over her resting place in the backyard are thriving, that kind of thing.
Old 09-08-12, 05:08 PM  
LauraBella

My heart is breaking for you. It is evident tgat you lived her very much, and I am sure she knew (knows) this.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
LauraBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 06:12 PM  
kali1

((((dmlarue1))))

I totally understand your loss. Our furbabies are so important and when they pass, it's not an easy thing. I miss my two beautiful dogs. They passed within a year of each other. I totally understand your grief and pain.

Don't blame yourself. You gave Meladie a wonderful and full life. You were a good mom to her and took care of her in the most loving and humane way possible. If she could speak, she would tell you that and tell you she loves you and thanks you. ((((HUGS)))))
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 07:43 PM  
Jane1721

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can tell by your posts that you were a very good mom. Please do not feel guilty - even though her spirit was still there, it sounds as if her will to live was not. Your decision was loving.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote