Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-12, 03:22 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
KCM. I love her workouts for about a month and then never, ever want to do them again. Trade or sell them. Others talk about how great she is. I get a few. Love them for a month...you get the picture. I think this has happened three times.
Now, see, I do that with almost everything. KCM. Barre. Chalene. Tony. Heavy weights. Light weights. Jari. Everything except yoga, really, because I always do some yoga.

BUT I don't trade or sell. I just shelve 'em and let the dust collect. Months or years later, I read some threads or just start missing them, and I repeat the process. I don't call it "insanity", I call it "periodization".

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 03:39 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Oh, I have done this. I have been known to buy workouts, then sell or trade them only to reacquire them later. I have every intention of keeping them and some of them stay but others go and then I am reminded why I unloaded it in the first place. Usually if I buy and sell it twice that's the max though, but there are a few that fall into that category.

Or I will find a new instructor that I like, then buy up all their workouts. KCM is a good example, she is one of my favorites but I didn't need to buy up almost the entire 30 MTF series. I bought all but two, and I have sold off a few of them since. Just because I like an instructor doesn't mean I need every single workout they have ever made. I have also done this with The Firm, Cathe, Jari Love, only to find out that there were some I didn't like or got sick of, or mostly didn't need so many. Even with someone like KCM, she has so many premix options on her DVDs that you only need a couple anyway.

I seem to be getting better, I discovered Stephanie Vitorino this year who I really like, but only have a couple of her workouts. Then again, she has only released a few. I also bought a couple of the PowerFit series with Stephanie Huckabee.

My latest buying spree is older Prevention Fitness DVDs led by Chris Freytag, I have bought three this week but since they are used they were cheap.

I like too many instructors and can't stick with just one, so it's better for me to have a variety of instructors but just a few workouts from each of them, some more than others. I usually try to rotate through them all so no one is left out.

I think I derailed from the original topic by a hair but I understand what you mean!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 04:06 PM  
IrishOT

I have done this with Mindy Mylrea, Amy Bento, Tracie Long and Amy Dixon.....

I really want to like them, I get their stuff, do it once and don't like it so I trade it. Then when they have something new coming out, it looks and sounds good, so I get it, and low and behold...I still don't like it! It is nothing against any of them personally, I just don't click with their workouts.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 04:06 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Cathe. Cathe. Cathe.

I know her workouts are good, and they would probably really help me with my goals. I have traded for soooo many of her workouts, thinking I will finally "get" Cathe. Nope. I have traded away every single one (except MMA Boxing, and that's only because there are so few workouts that include heavy bag work that I can't get rid of it. It has nothing to do with her). It isn't even the equipment issue, like it is for so many others. It's her voice. I feel that it instantly drops my heart rate to the sleeping point, lol!! I can't explain it any better than that. It has nothing to do with how loud or quiet she is, just completely de-motivating when it comes to working out.
Old 07-13-12, 04:08 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

BUT I don't trade or sell. I just shelve 'em and let the dust collect. Months or years later, I read some threads or just start missing them, and I repeat the process. I don't call it "insanity", I call it "periodization".
Spoken like a true vidiot, Laura.
Old 07-13-12, 04:09 PM  
wookiemouse

Barre-type workouts. I've had P57 for ages. I just recently got Pop Physique. My heart rate doesn't get up AT ALL. I get more excited by seeing UPS pull in the driveway.

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 04:16 PM  
dela

For some reason, I always felt like I should like step, it seems like such good cardio and there are so many dvds to choose from, so I figured maybe I was just not giving it a fair shake, and I needed to learn the routines better, and then I would like it, but nope, I hate it, I really really hate it. And once in a blue moon (KCM step boxing or something in LIS), I give it another shot, and I still hate it.

If I was not so lazy about it, I would try to sell or trade what I have, there is really no reason for me to own any of them.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 04:22 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Red face

What I've come to realize and accept is that there are very few instructors I'll buy just about anything from.

I love Kelly Coffey-Meyer, esp. her 30MTF series, but I just don't need ALL of them...only a couple really. I know I'll never do the vast majority.

I don't see myself ever getting rid of Jari Love's original Ripped or her Ripped & Chiseled...but I have little interest in anything else she's put out.

Gin Miller has a marvelous personality...but few of her workouts, if any really, speak to me

I did have nearly every Ellen Barrett out at one time, but suddenly I had to just get rid of her stuff

I used to be a confirmed Catheite, but I don't think I have anything of hers...maybe one dvd????

I'm even (GASP) taking a hard look at my Margaret Richard's There are some I'll do over and over and others I just never reach for...so why keep them???? There I said that!!!
Old 07-13-12, 04:31 PM  
Kathleen Ann

This is why I stick with THE FIRM.

I love them all. Well, I don't like some of the music

I want to like other stuff, and some is OK, but It's the FIRM all the way for me.

If we all loved everything, there would be no need for this site.

So continue to buy, not like and trade
Old 07-13-12, 04:33 PM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter

bless her heart

Denise Austin

Tags
vidiocy