Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-20, 03:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, YBB is one of my favorites! I did LIFT on Monday and enjoyed it more than I expected; I'm kind of curious to see what would happen if I did that one once per week.

Anny, yesterday's practice went a bit more smoothly for me--I did an old favorite, Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes.

I have still be confused about what day it is this week!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 06:26 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Thursday!

Today's Workout: I warmed up with a Jessica Smith Walk & Talk from YouTube. Jessica's topic was "simplicity," and her comments really resonated with me. I then did Margaret Richard's Unplugged episode 1901 (skipping warmup and cool down). I used to have the Unplugged set but gave it away several years ago. It is really nice to have it back in my fitness life again, thanks to a generous VFer. I finished with Day 4 of the Essentrics 30-Day Health Challenge, which was the Release and Build Your Fascia routine from Essentrics Aging Backwards Connective Tissue Workouts. Good thing I liked this one, as I get to do it tomorrow for Day 5!

Paine: You will love having regular access to California's fresh produce!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 02:17 AM  
Anny

Sandra with Essentrics focus on rehabilitation, the repeated practices make sense, as you noted.

I’ve done a couple of Jessica’s Walk n Talks in the past just to get some extra activity in. I’m pretty sure I haven’t done the one on simplicity!
Old 01-17-20, 10:43 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 1 (all Upper Body work)

Usually today is a planned rest day but I was able to get an upper body workout before going to 2 markets for groceries.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 11:29 AM  
gjv

I did Jessica's Tred and Shred this morning. I didn't add on a walk, but I might yet before lunch. We're in a winter advisory because of ice. No outside walk for me today!
Old 01-17-20, 07:15 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: I started with a 10-minute Leslie Sansone walk, but just as I was finishing it I got a text from my niece asking if I wanted to go to a neighborhood park with her and my grandniece. Well, yeah! After I got back I did Margaret Richard Unplugged episode 1902, but didn't have time for today's Essentrics Health Challenge routine (oh darn) as I am going out to dinner shortly. I'll pick up the Challenge again tomorrow.

Gayle: Brrrr re the ice advisory! I'm glad snow and ice aren't an issue where I live.

Paine: Grocery shopping can count as an upper body workout too.

Anny: Jessica is always so down to earth and sensible. Plus I hadn't seen Peanut for a while!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 10:31 AM  
gjv

Happy Saturday from the frozen tundra! I sure hope I'm able to get out and about today. Going to go stir crazy! It's still icy but the sun is shining.

I did Leslie's Tone Every Zone Walk. I thought my dvd player died, got all upset and then realized it was just the batteries in the remote that died! Ha!

Carolyn, yay for LSU! They were a fun team to watch all year. I'm in football mode. Gearing up for tomorrow's games!

Sandra and Anny, I've never done a Jessica Walk and Talk. I'll have to find one.
Old 01-18-20, 01:07 PM  
YogaGal

Wednesday’s workout was Jessica Smith’s Ballet Body Barre on YT. For yoga, I picked up Maya Fiennes Yoga for Real Beauty at about the 15-minute marker and did another 15-minute set. This was mainly meditative, not a lot of movement, but it started moving right where I left off, so next time will be more energizing. I did add neck rolls during the first few meditative minutes; Maya mentioned that we were sending love to ourselves, and I thought neck rolls would be a nice way to do that.

Thursday’s workout was Jessica Smith’s HIIT Walk from the 30-Day set. I then did a 10-minute Sarah Beth called “Yoga Perk up for Posture.”

No workout yesterday; we are planning on a bike ride this afternoon.

cyana: Hope you get a chance to make that vegan split pea soup. I love soups this time of year as well. On Monday I made a red lentil “stew” in my Instant Pot. It has onions, carrots and tomato in it along with curry and garam masala. I put “stew” in quotes since it is more like dal, but is very tasty.

Anny: Glad you liked 1917. I think DH would like it, but I’m not usually into war movies. This might be an exception, so I’ll keep an open mind. You’ve done well fitting in some exercise into a busy week.

Gayle: I also try to take advantage of nice weather for outdoor exercise. I just did KCM's Your Best Body, workout #2 on January 10th.

Sandra: How your board meeting went well. I’m not sure if I’ve ever don Jessica’s “Simplicity” walk. I sometimes pick a Jessica YT workout when I am missing Peanut! I get a kick out of some of the later ones with her funny thought bubbles!

Beth: I like some of the short stretches on Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes. Hope the days of the week get better for you as the semester progresses. I will be confused this coming week since I’m off on Monday for MLK Day; Tuesday will feel like Monday.

Paine: What goodies are you planning to cook this weekend? I want to make a soup and also cook up a head of cauliflower in my Instant Pot.
Old 01-18-20, 04:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone--I still haven't gotten my workout in today! Will just do some mild yoga/meditation once I get my act together. I did teach yoga this morning at the brewery, with a fun class of 11 (was supposed to be 14 but a group of 3 couldn't make it). I got some nice feedback after class, too. Planning to bundle up for a cozy evening--it's snowy and cold here!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:57 PM  
Anny

Beth and Gayle sending you happy thoughts for the cold. I don’t do cold so am lucky we don’t have super cold weather here in Sydney when it’s winter.

We have just had rain the last two days, which was much needed in New South Wales with the summer bushfires.

cyana I make a Greek lentil soup with red lentils and tomatoes and we all love my grandmother’s yellow split pea Dahl recipe.

Yesterday I walked outside and then just did a slowing down practice YWA Yoga for Your Roll . Today I will walk and do either the next practice in Adriene’s Home 30 Day series or another Ellen Barrett fusion.