Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-15-20, 08:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doctor visits today - first to the ankle doctor and then to get a hip injection. Ankle doctor might give me an injection today also. Yay? ETA: Frankly, this is the first day in about a year that I can walk without pain! yay! I know today is the lidocaine in the shot, not the cortisone, but I'll take it! Otherwise, there's snow supposedly coming down today - I'll try to fit in a dog walk with Gus - not sure if I'm not to walk after the injections. ETA: Looking forward to this! I did finish up typing in people for 2019 last night at circus, but the 2020 pile is several inches deep! Hopefully they'll already have info in the computer if they are returnees.

Laura, glad your joints are feeling better - hope mine do also!

Paula, Hope the temporary crown works for you! Sorry that you don't think your friend would recognize you .

Dede, I'm on the snow and ice side of these fronts - four snow fronts coming through this week! The movie was a bit so-so. I didn't review the previous one to catch up on threads in the movie, so might have missed some stuff. Seems like they picked up some old threads and brought them back instead of going with new ideas in the second movie. They did bring back some old actors for some scenes (Solo, Luke, and Leya), but not Yoda. There are some new quarters coming out with rare US animals on the back - saw a fruit bat one that I'm looking for (doubt they would put out a bat native to our area). Haven't seen the orchid stamps yet.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 08:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Last night was a weird night. I couldn't fall asleep to save my life. Finally, about 4:30 this morning, I managed to go to sleep. I slept a few hours. I've been pretty ragged and slow moving today and I bet I don't have those problems tonight.

Anita - It's good you had a good day with the pain levels. I hope that continues. Sorry the movie was disappointing.

Dede - Sorry the storms hit you. I hope that the coming storms pass you by.

Paula - Yeah, DH is always achy after PT. But then, you have some pummelng you in PT. With infusions, you sit in a comfy chair watching TV and or reading while good drugs are infused into your bloodstream. Did you get an update on your friend?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 09:36 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a Psyche Truth stretch routine and then the PT routine which I need to do again before bed.

Dede, good to see you and glad the storms seem to be passing your home. I chickened out and didn't call my friends' daughter today. I don't want to hear the news that's she's gone. I'm a coward.

Anita, I hope between the two shots you're able to resume normal living. Pain upon walking for weeks or months, I can't imagine it - my brother is in the same situation. The temorary crown is fine. I get the permanent one in three weeks. Hopefully after that, I won't need dental work for a good long while. My neck hurts today. I think it's from holding my head so still for two hours while in the dental chair yesterday.

Laura, sorry about the sleep problem. Been there - it's awful. Even with the achy feeling after PT, I'd take that over infusions. I don't like needles.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 10:24 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Didn't sleep well last night so tried sleeping in a bit this morning - glad Gus just likes snuggling . I'm still astounded by how much these injections have changed my life - getting up pain free from bed or a chair, being able to walk normally instead of like an 80 year old shuffle, and giving Gus a good walk yesterday without needing to count how many steps till I was finished. Wow!

Today is a very cold day outside - highs will be single digits - right now we're at -10 F with wind chills bringing it to -20 to -30F . No Gus walk in this, but may try a short walk this afternoon once we're above 0. Tomorrow we get a snow storm with about 9 inches by Saturday - sigh... at least it should be warmer with the snow. I'll be going to the chair yoga class today and stopping by a donation site to give some stuff away. I'm trying to downsize some more.

Laura, sounds like our sleep last night was about the same as mine last night...

Paula, it wouldn't be unusual if you held a lot of tension in your neck while having dental procedures done - I know I stiffen up like a statue when stuff gets done in my mouth! Frankly I've had walking pain for years as my knee was bad before the replacement and recovery after the replacement brought those other joints squealing in pain. Yeah, needles weren't fun, but the lidocaine in the formula immediately kills the pain of the injection if they do it slowly enough.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-16-20, 11:17 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ok, ladies..... I have to drop in and give you my semi-annual (or whatever) love for your thread title. This is a great one!!!

Happy Workouts!!
Old 01-16-20, 12:56 PM  
sciencelady

Thanks, Bee! The title came from a Maxine cartoon this week - great job, Laura, for finding it!
Old 01-16-20, 03:56 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Anita, glad you're feeling better, but sorry about the snow. And the cold temps. Brrrr. I think decluttering for downsizing is great. I just wish I could make myself do it.

Paula, I don't think you're a coward. It's a hard situation, and we don't always know how to handle things like that.

Laura, I'm afraid sleep issues are not weird for me but normal. After listening to you and Anita, it sounds as if I need some "good drugs."

Waves to Bee and all our missing cronies.

I'm getting ready to do a lower-body routine if I can decide on one. Then I'll do Adriene's practice for the day. I can remember when I worked out at eight in the morning because I enjoyed it so much. Now I have to make myself do it. Bleh.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 01-16-20, 06:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I slept like a log last night and today was a pretty good day. DH and I went for a walk after I took him to a doctor's appointment. It was our last warm day. On the walk, we saw early spring flowers coming up. But, the cold front gets here tonight and we'll be back to winter temps tomorrow. Well, winter for here. In Minnesota, they would be WARM!

Anita - I hope you sleep really well tonight. Not sleeping much one night usually leads to a good night's sleep the next. Hope you get the same. I'm so glad that your pain has receded. Enjoy the sensation!

Bee - Thanks for dropping in. I love Maxine and think she provides the very best themes a lot of times.

Paula - Aaaaah. Infusions are easy for me, but needles don't bother me. I guess that's a good thing. The chiropractor keeps giving me stretches for specific situations. (I went today.) It's like a cross between chiropractor and PT. It works well.

Dede - Yeah, things change. I used to work out 6 days a week. Now, I have trouble doing more than 3-4.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 09:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Chair Cardio and Strength then the PT routine. I'll do PT again before bed.

This was just a day of errands, so nothing of import to talk about.

Anita, the nights when I don't sleep so well are becoming more frequent. Another factor is DH has difficulty sleeping and I think his tossing and turning affects my sleep. Hope it warmed up enough for you and Gus to get a walk in. I'm sure the stiff neck was from holding my head still for the dental work. The cortisone shot my doctor gave me in the hip had lidocane in it too. I guess that's why the shot didn't hurt.

Bee, thanks for dropping in. You're welcome anytime.

DeeDee, I have to push myself to work out more than I used to. I'm always glad when I do, but sometimes it's a struggle to get going.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 09:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Aw, thanks everyone!

I'll tell you that I am in the midst of Pahla B's January weight loss challenge. I started way late, so I'm only on day 5. Leading up to that, I was doing a nice blend of total body, cardio, yoga, repeat, but then suddenly I was sooooooo tired every afternoon. I decided to scale way back and see how that goes. This is the most Pahla I've ever done and I am enjoying her so far, though I can also see myself craving some other stuff before the month is up. Perhaps even before my first week is up! With this challenge, she's really focused on moderation, but to me it seems like her weight work is somewhat unbalanced. So, I may even jump to a Cathe this weekend, but modify down. I see Paula is at least doing some Pahla, so maybe we can keep each other "company".

Oh.... I'm 58 and have been working out consistently for many decades. I've gone through many phases and had some years where the workouts were more about chasing my toddlers. Obviously that's behind me now -- my boys are 18 and 20.