Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-20, 03:19 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Movement Stretching

Cheri, she sounds so sweet, I can't wait to see her. Don't feel embarrassed! It doesn't take away from how special Tucker was, or how much he meant to you. I'm glad she is helping you and DH through the grief. ((HUGS))

Linda, do you have Slim in Six too? I think Start it Up is relatively easy, but not too easy. From the Slim Series, you could try Tone it Up or Mix it Up. I believe Shape and Tear are 80 minutes (Tear it up was the most tough for me), and Firm it up is all lower body. And, Amen to what you said about getting to workout! Michelle from Faithful Workouts says that all the time too.

Donna, it hasn't snowed yet, but we're due for some tonight. It was pretty cold and gray today though. It definitely looks and feels like snow is coming!

Carol, that sounds like a good one!

Dana, feel better!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 02:43 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Monday: JS Tred & Shred
Tuesday: random "walking" while watching Hawaii Five-O, lunges while brushing my teeth... basically multitasking

Dana, sorry you are sick!

Cheri, I pray the new dog is a comfort to both of you. There's nothing to be embarrassed about!

Christine, sorry about the vertigo! Are you feeling any better?

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 07:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Get Healthy U TV - Tone Every Zone Walk - 30 minutes

Another walking style workout, this one is led by an instructor named Jodi; Chris is a background exerciser. I thought she did a good job - it was similar in style to a Jessica Smith toning walk; I even thought I heard some of the music that Jessica uses in her DVDs. I liked this one as well.

Cheri - congratulations on the new dog! I hope she helps to fill the hole in your hearts that Tucker's passing left.

Brenda - Good exercising! I'm laughing at the idea of doing lunges while I brush my teeth. I'm afraid I'd just fall over.

Christine - That's a nice stretch workout.

Linda - Slim Series scared me. I bought it, like a vidiot - never stopped to think that even back then I wouldn't work out for 80 minutes at a time...

Dana - Hope you are feeling better soon!

Donna - It was relatively uneventful. Just lots of mail to go through, bills to pay. I will be behind the entire month.

No washing machine yet...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Because my step count was so low yesterday, when I got home (I left work a little bit early b/c we did actually get snow yesterday!) I did two of the 15 min walks from Jessica's 15 Min Fat Blaster DVD. I did the first two - can't remember the titles!!! But, I was reminded about how much I enjoy Jessica and how nice that bright scenery is in the winter!

This morning I had some extra time b/c schools are delayed by two hours so I did Jessica's Feel Good Fusion - Strength. Although I don't find her workouts to be a "zen" as Ellen's I enjoy the scenery, Jessica, and the more athletic approach sometimes.

I see Classical Stretch has posted their winter health challenge - it looks like some thought went into it in terms of building yourself up over the 4 week challenge. There is a bit of repetition in it and the workouts, at least initially, look like they are on the easier side - but it makes sense since it looks like it was designed to be progressive in nature. I'm tempted to follow it!

Cheri - I think it is wonderful that you got another dog. It doesn't make you love Tucker less, but Blackberry needed a home, too and your DH needed a companion! After my last dog died I was so sad - it is one reason why I always want to have two dogs - this way there is less "emptiness" when one goes.....

Carol - good job!!

Brenda - I like the way you multi-task!

Christine - we did get some snow - the weather changed rapidly. Fortunately, it never really stuck to the roads since it had been warm for several days before so the commute wasn't bad.

Linda - I know - it is hard to fit in those difficult to categorize workouts! Some are too much for a recovery day....and too little for a day when you want to workout harder.

Dana - i hope you are feeling better.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 10:33 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Kickbox & Core

I love how Theresa's workouts are doable - not too fasted paced or overkill. This one combined some cardio with Pilates abs and stretching at the end.

Donna, we never got snow last night, but it was snowing this morning! Now the sun is shining, go figure.

Carol, I'm still tempted by that walking program.

Brenda, I still feel a little dizzy when I first get out of the bed in the morning, but much better during the day. Thank you!

Linda, I look forward to hearing how you liked the Slim workouts if you tried one.

Waves!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 01-08-20, 01:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Rewarded myself with another full rest day yesterday. Today was Figure 30 hips and the 100 hip thrust challenge. Will do a stretch workout later.

Christine I read somewhere you're not supposed to get out of bed right away anyway so you're doing your whole body good by taking it slowly to get out of bed. And thanks for the suggestions because I do have Slim in 6 too. Vidiocy at its finest ...collecting workouts I don't even understand ..hehehe. I will have one more week of weight training trying to go heavy and then will attempt your suggestions.

Carol as you see, I collected workouts completely clueless as to their purpose. I vaguely remember people reporting good results...esp. fellow pears and Linda put them on her list and started hunting. I obtained them all extremely cheaply at various thrift stores and only recently completed the collection. Only then did I start asking questions. I have no problem stopping a workout when I feel like it so I will probably split up those longer workouts. I have done the Cool it off express and it's a keeper.

Donna I wonder if the reason I like the workouts from Jessica more because of the outdoor scenery. Her athletic style is something that appeals to me.

Cheri everyone mourns differently and if getting another pup is the best way to heal then not a bad thing. Hope you feel a little more normal every day.

Brenda I like to foam roll while I wait on something to finish baking or simmering. I think I'd hurt myself trying to do something while i brush my teeth.

Waves to Cheryl!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 07:32 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies,

Wednesday I did

Get Healthy U TV - Lower Body Shred - 10 minutes & Upper Body Tone 2 - 10 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat Day 3 Stretch & Soothe - 18 minutes

These 10 minute workouts from Chris are really handy. I wish I could buy them - I guess I could buy downloads, but they are more expensive than buying her DVD packages. I've had trouble getting the menu selections to work on the Get Healthy U TV DVD package that I bought (actually I had my son buy it for my Christmas present) - so that's been a disappointment.

Linda - I've often been a bandwagon vidiot - buying videos if "someone" somewhere got good results with it. I just want videos that will make pounds melt off my body, and that isn't going to happen now and it wasn't going to happen then. Sadly I think, it's all about the diet for me.

Christine - I am thoroughly enjoying my subscription to Get Healthy U TV. For under $20 for the year, it may be the best fitness purchase I've ever made.

Donna - I'm with you on having two dogs at the same time. It's just so lonely in the house without one.

Waves to Cheri, Brenda and Blackberry!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

No workout to report - my doggie woke me up at 3:00 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep and then I couldn't get up, LOL!

Maybe tonight I will get something in.

It is sunny today - but cold - but I will still get out to walk.

Carol - that is disappointing about the DVD package! I really need to look into Get Healthy U again - it seems they have more workouts now than when I initially subscribed.

I really can't decide what I want to focus on - I was giving CocoLime another thought as a way of building up to doing more intense workouts again (someday)!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 09:34 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Still feeling lousy but I'm slowly getting there. This hit me hard and deep but today is day 4 and I think I'm on the mend. The weather we have around here is crazy! Temps are up and down considerably and that's probably the reason why people are getting sick. Yesterday was high of 20F and today will be 50F and so on. Ugh.

Carol, I too am glad I purchased GHUTV subscription for $16/year. It's quite a bargain because I've already done quite a few of the workouts and feel like I got more than my money's worth. I haven't tried the 10 minute workouts yet. As soon as I'm ready to work out, I'll try some. One sign that I'm feeling better is that I've already started previewing different workouts and planning what to do next.

Waves to all!
Old 01-09-20, 11:53 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: 30 Minute Mat

Dana, I'm glad you're starting to feel better! We're having the same crazy temperature swings here too.

Donna, I'm sorry you had a bad night. I hope you make it through the day okay, that's hard on no sleep.

Carol, nice combo! That was definitely a great deal you got.

Linda, I've heard that too about getting out of bed slowly. It helps me so much. I used to do that with collecting videos, but now that I've gotten into streaming, I only have a handful of actual DVDs!

Cheri, thinking of you and the new fur-baby.

Waves Brenda and Cheryl!