Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-20, 09:57 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was 10 MS solution Quick sculpt only the total body, buns and thighs and strength and flexibility sections. Needed more stretching so tacked on flexibility segment of 10 MS solution pilates on the Ball. Quick sculpt is FAST and Andrea talks so quickly like she's in a race...I want to ask her where's the fire? But the use of my B3 ball in all these moves is very challenging in a good way. I will use these techniques in my other pilates DVDs.

Brenda good to see you!

Christine I had been forcing myself to do pilates and lost that centering it gave me. When I took a break from it and went to other forms of exercising I finally developed a longing to return. So now the way I use it and maintain my enjoyment is to do it periodically or for very short practices..like a treat. Works great and it's how I fell back in love with it.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 10:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I'm still moving forward with Pahla B and Pilates. Today was:

Pahla B - Hot 100 Day # 4 - including warm-up, cool down and finisher
Trifecta Pilates - Supine Arm Workout (10 min)
Jessica Valent Pilates - leg stretch routine (from Day # 4 of Pilates Camp)

So, Pahla's workouts aren't all that exciting, but they get the job done in a short amount of time and it is different than what I had been doing. I'm not sure if I will do 100 days straight, time will tell - but these are good for those times when you are busy in life and just want something straightforward to do that is not too easy and not too hard either.

Trifecta's workout for today was a nice one - I am enjoying the variety of the monthly calendar.

I also enjoyed Jessica's routine - and some day I will probably re-join her Unlimited as I really like her and her approach to fitness. But, I don't want to have too many subscriptions going at once!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 04:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I could have sworn I posted yesterday's workouts, but they aren't here...

I did

Pilates Nest - Pilates Strong Arms with Weights - 16 minutes;
One of my favorite light weight pilates workouts. I used 2 lbs throughout except for arm circles when I dropped to 1 lb weights.

Cathe - Extended Chair Stretch - 16 minutes
A very nice stretch from Cathe's newest set. This stretch had a nice unhurried vibe to it.

Donna - Good job with your workouts. Yes, too many streaming subscriptions at one time is a problem that I have, although right now I'm managing to stay focused on Pilates Nest and Get Healthy U TV (which I have enjoyed way more than I expected to).

Linda - interesting how that has worked for you. I have to stay pretty consistent with it or I never gain any strength - a perpetual beginner.

Brenda - Hope your Holidays were good!

Christine - Yes, it's funny. DS was playing a video game last night and he mentioned that part of the game was a Y2K bug.

Dana - I think I have that one (Tone Every Zone) on my list for next week.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 04:50 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Lower Body Pilates

DH had to work today due to some big company project and it's raining, so I relaxed most of today and watched War Room. Has anyone here ever seen the Kendrick Brothers movies? They're awesome! We recently saw Overcomer, I think that one is my favorite!

Carol, that's so funny they still reference it!

Linda, that's great! I found Pilates due to a foot injury and Lyme Disease. I was so thankful there was something I could still do for exercise that worked with my limitations, and fell in love with it!

Hi, Brenda!

Donna, nice workouts!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well, I can't stay away from Ellen for too long so today was: Prayer Flow.

This was a new one on her streaming site from November, I think. Very enjoyable and relaxing.

Christine - that sounds like a nice day to relax! It has been raining here, too.

Carol - of course, now that I did an Ellen workout it is all I want to do again...I really should just have ONE streaming service - hers. But we'll see. The plan I had going with Pahla B is more flexible and probably more of what I need right now - guess I can always mix and match.

Waves, everyone.

Donna
Old 01-05-20, 07:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Get Healthy U TV - Walk, Sweat & Sculpt - Lower Body - 32 minutes;
I really liked the Lower Body walk led by Leah - it was fun! Segments of walking and segments of weight training - no mixing, which suits me just fine.

Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat Day 1 Energy & Harmony - 18 minutes
This workout has many of the standard pilates mat exercises, but not in the standard order, plus some other pilates exercises. I like the fact that Smriti does not do them in the classical pilates order - I get bored pretty quickly with that.

Christine I am not a movie watcher (just can't sit still that long), but I probably need to add those two to our church library. Yes, we actually still have a library, in an age when many churches have closed their libraries. Don't know how much longer we will be able to hang on though.

Donna Glad you are enjoying Ellen!

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Carol - that is funny - I'm the same way, too. I can't watch a lot of TV either - I know some people can binge watch entire seasons, I am lucking if I can watch two episodes back to back! I'm restless. I can sometimes watch something if I'm doing something else, but then I often lose track of what I'm watching or doing, LOL!

Donna
Old 01-05-20, 09:37 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

Checking in with:

Gina B's new 2020 2 Mile Walking Workout - 30min. Fun!
ePilates Yogalates Chest Opening Class - 23min. Felt great!

Took a break from GHUTV this morning since I wanted to try the new Gina B workout.

Carol, I haven't tried that GHUTV Lower Body yet. I'll definitely try it this week.

Waves to all!
Old 01-05-20, 10:22 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was Xtrain Bis and tris, plus stretch segment from 10 MS Fitness on the ball . Kimberly is so sweet and comforting in this DVD. This concludes my 2 week commitment to Xtrain. I have never stuck to a series for two weeks. It has been very enjoyable and will easily be one I return to so I can measure any gains and/or maintain.

Christine I have thoroughly enjoyed every Kendrick movie I have watched. I forgive the overacting or deadpan moments because I know those aren't professional actors typically. I will escape life to go to the bargain theater here too. I also happily survive on a weekly diet of Hallmark movies. I don't get caught up in the weak storyline or frivolity of lifestyles because I love movies
If my health ever prevents me from weight training, I know I can always rely on pilates. That's for sure. So glad you are blessed with it too.

Donna you are making me miss Ellen!

Dana I have had some other Gina workouts on my wishlist forever. I'm not sure why I never pull the trigger.

Carol pilates was my one and only infomercial foray(Winsor.) I blame Daisy but I'm glad I did! It really does help with my back.

Sunday peace thoughts to Cheri, Cheryl and Brenda.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 11:44 AM  
furmomof6

I'm taking a rest day today. I'm having some vertigo again. I sure wish I could make a connection as to why it happens, but I don't think there is one. It just happens!

Linda, lol! I think the acting gets better with every new movie they put out!

Carol, our church has a bookstore! It's funny, I'm not a big movie watcher either. I prefer shorter stories, like 30 minute TV shows, but I do love those Kendrick's movies!

Donna, I know you like variety, so it's probably good you have more than one streaming site!

Cheri, continued thoughts for you and your family.

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote