Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-20, 10:13 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today was:
- 90 minute walk along the lakeshore starting from London Bridge. With the beaches and palm trees, it felt as though we were at the ocean - minus the waves. It was warm and sunny today. For the past week it's been quite cold. I've gone out walking with five layers on, as I refuse to wear a coat!
- Lee Holden class from December 28, 18
- MFML Release the Day

Pam - Sorry to hear that your SI joint is troubling you. Glad the kiniesiology helped. I really needed that Slinky Spine class. I felt all loosened up afterwards. Bliss. the Jumpstart streaming sounds interesting. You may enjoy one of Julia's classes on Body Groove. I did her 'twists' class and thought it was quite good.

Sherry and Jackie- I pondered for months before trying one month of Lee's streaming. After I cancelled, they asked me the reason for giving it up and I said it was too expensive and asked if the annual discounted rate was still available. It wasn't but they said they would honour it. I think it's still a lot of money but I'm doing the practices most days, so feel I'm getting my money's worth. I do like that Lee puts out 3 new classes every week. Besides, I decided this could be my Christmas gift for this year!

Jackie and Pam - Have you done Sacha's class yet on ETV? I'll have a bit more free time next week and I'm thinking of subscribing again.

Cyana - I'll look out for some of the products this weekend in Las Vegas, as we're going up to do some shopping after taking DS to the airport. Thanks for the recommendations.

Pat - Hope you're over your stomach bug. Yuck on the 'poopy smell'. I'm not sure if people just don't think or don't care.
Old 01-03-20, 06:43 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

This has been such a weird week with a holiday smack dab in the middle.

By the time I got to the bedroom last night, DH had already crashed and burned (he'd had major insomnia the previous night and had gotten up insanely early), so I ended up doing bed yoga on my own, which ended up being quite therapeutic. I got in some great hip stretches (not that I did anything new and different, but I could feel the hip joints releasing more than normal), twists, did some forward folds and finished up with some breath work. I slept well, but only until sometime between 3 and 4. I got up around 4:45 since I was wide awake. I'm going to start my work day early, wrap up early and work out this afternoon.

Margot - I hope it stays warm and sunny for you. Five layers sounds like me!

Pam - Thanks for the mop info. I might see if Bed, Bath & Beyond has that versus ordering from Amazon (and they always have 20% off coupons). So how would you compare the JumpSport streaming to Bellicon Home? I didn't renew Bellicon Home, as I wasn't feeling the love after Fayth stopped doing regular videos. And truthfully, I tend to do my own thing on the rebounder. Hooray on loving the new tights - I'll probably give them a try soon.

Waves to ALL. Hope everyone has a good week-end!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 08:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics Precho 9 - standing segment
~Body Groove Fit: workout #1
~Gaia: AM Yoga For Your Week Standing Poses - This series is a favorite! My Gaia subscription runs out next week so need to squeeze a few more practices in. I’ve enjoyed it but won’t renew at full price.

I’m wearing my SI belt quite a bit and it is improving, but I’m careful to do any mods needed in my workouts.

Cyana - I’ve only done one JS streaming workout, but they seem to have lots of variety. My impression is that they don’t have as many moderately paid workouts as I recall on Bellicon, but it’s a while since my subscription expired. Even the level 1 cardio I did yesterday was fairly fast paced. I will keep you posted as I do more. I doubt I’ll renew at this point with the move coming up & we are away for 2 weeks in Feb. I also like to do my own thing on my rebounder as a rule.

Margot - Is it Julia who teaches the Body Groove Fit? It was faster paced with a bit more cardio. I will look at the twists class next. Jackie has done the new ETV workout, but I haven’t yet. Enjoy the warm sunshine!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 09:43 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone

Today was:
- 1 hour walk around the neighbourhood, walking back through the wash
- PA Brent Anderson for Happy Feet
- YR Yin Happy Hour

Cyana - Bed yoga sounds nice. However, waking up at 3 am doesn't sound so good. Hope you can get a better night's sleep tonight.

Pam - Glad to hear that your SI joint is improving. It's Heather that teaches Body Groove Fit. I like the faster cardio for a change. I'm not a big fan of country music either and usually fast forward through that segment! Julia has just two classes; Joyful Twist and Balanced Core. I haven't done the Core one yet - maybe next week.

Waves to all! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 01-03-20, 10:42 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Margot I've done Sasha's workout. It's a challenging, toning based routine. I really like Sasha...he's a good guy....and he does a great job of cuuing. It's a full hour long but versatile as you could just do the standing, floor, or chair work.

I did one of the newer streaming workout today...Amanda's Core Activation, and the armwork from Sasha's workout. Oh...walked my doggie, Lucy, too.

I'll do some personals tomorrow!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 11:08 PM  
Margot

Thanks Jackie. I'm so glad they're starting to add some new content. I like Amanda and can't wait to try Sasha's class too. I like that you can break it down into segments, instead of having to do the full hour. I'm missing doing my Essentrics, so think I'll sign up for streaming next week.
Old 01-04-20, 08:53 AM  
sherry7899

I took a rest day yesterday since I had to go out early.

Today:

-Les Mills Body Combat 69-35 minutes. I haven't done kickboxing in a long time, and this really got my heart rate up quickly! It will be awhile before I can do the full length 55 minute classes again!

-meditation on my own

-Yoga with Adriene Sunrise Yoga . There are so many of her practices that I have never done, so I'm trying to pick ones that are new to me.

I hope everyone has a relaxing day. I may do some Lee Holden and Body Groove later if I feel up to it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 11:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I'm hopelessly behind. The last couple of days have been a blur of fatigue and nausea. Chai tea with whey protein has been keeping me alive.

Par for the course I forget what day of the sadhana I'm on, but I activated the subscription and did Felicia Tomasko's Release Stagnation, a nice little Ayurvedic stretching program.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 05:15 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, I am sorry you have been so sick. Sending you hugs

Add on: I felt like some dance, so I did 20 minutes of Soul Sweat with Lucy class "Taking up Space."

Have a nice evening,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 08:38 PM  
cyana

I am SO proud of myself today. I cleaned out several cabinets in my kitchen and I keep opening the cabinet doors so I can see how neat they are. I am a pathetic goober who needs to get life, LOL!!!! However, it's inspiring me to keep going, so I'll take it as a plus. I cleaned out the kitchen junk drawer just before the holidays, so I guess that was the original spark.

I bought the most amazing almond butter at the Whole Wallet today: Big Spoon Fiji Ginger. I have officially died and gone to heaven. Seriously. Here's a link: https://shop.bigspoonroasters.com/co...-almond-butter

Jackie - I am sticking my fingers in my ears about the new Essentrics streaming practice. Darn it, I sure wish they would go to a yearly subscription model with a slight break on the price.

Pat - Sending you a big warm ((hug)). Hope you're back to 100% soon. The tea cabinet was one of the things I reorganized today. I should be embarrassed at the vast quantity of teas, but by golly they're organized to military precision now. Let me know what you're craving and I'll send it right over!

Pam - Unless you said it was the most wonderful streaming in the history of the world, I probably wouldn't subscribe to the JS channel. While I genuinely enjoyed many of the Bellicon work-outs, I'd rather do my own thing. And save my $$$ for MFML, Holden, etc. Maybe Essentrics one of these days. And some Sweet Legs tights......and maybe a steam mop, LOL!!!

Sherry - It's good to see you back to working out - hopefully that means you finally kicked that nasty bug to the curb.

Margot - Darn it, you're going to have me signing up for Essentrics with you before I know it, LOL!!!!! I really would like to have access to the new practices.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote