Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-20, 01:51 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 2020 Yoga Cross Trainers: Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come....

“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘It will be happier.’”
~Alfred, Lord Tennyson

A warm welcome to all as we welcome 2020!

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, feel free to roll out your mat & join us. We enjoy a wide variety of activities along with yoga, Qi Gong, & meditation.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 11:40 AM  
cyana

Good Morning and Happy New Year!

Having my coffee before I do any physical activity this morning. The cat decided the breakfast buffet needed to open at 2 AM, so I had to get up and deal with that and he was up and down the rest of the night. Which meant my sleep was disrupted multiple times.

With the lack of sleep, I decided to indulge in a little self-care and used my Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Exfoliating Mask and will say my skin feels as smooth as a baby's bottom and it has been many years since my skin was a baby! My skin care regimen definitely qualifies as being on the minimalist scale.

Thanks for getting us started, Pam. Mollie's Slinky Spine is something I need to keep on my radar for countering Too Many Hours Sitting At A Desk, as it seems like I need to thaw my joints out after busy season ends. I liked this month's quote.

Sherry - Since you do a lot of cooking, you might find some helpful recipes and tips on the downshiftology site (she has a web site and YT channel). She even bakes cookies! Bummer on having to throw all that food out.

Time to get moving - waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 12:58 PM  
sherry7899

This morning I did meditation, Yoga Su gentle seated practice and 20 minutes of a Soul Sweat class. Well, it is an improvement from my ten minutes of cardio yesterday. I hope to do 30 minutes tomorrow.

Cyana, thank you! I will check the blog and you tube.

The Trader Joe's near me ran out of the ginger hand cream. I did buy three tubes of the ultra moisturizing hand cream.

I am trying to meditate on my own right when I wake up, and not go online until after I exercise. I have developed a bad habit of going online first thing. Meditation and exercise are better ways to start the day.

I will be back later. I am getting stuff done around the house and watching The Honeymooners marathon. Pat, it is on WPIX

I cleaned our fridge since it is almost empty. Joy....

have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 03:44 PM  
Twigs

Happy New Year everyone!

Sorry I haven't been checking-in lately. Things got super busy over the holidays and I didn't seem to stop moving long enough to sit down and take some time to post. I've been going on long walks every day, including a couple of major hikes in the mountains. The scenery was spectacular. My exercise has been a mix of Qigong, Pilates and yoga - mainly MFML and Yoga Ranger.

Pam - Thank you for starting us off and also for mentioning the MFML class that has an 'Essentrics' feel to it. I plan on doing this class tonight. Glad you enjoyed the holidays. Victoria sounds like a lovely place for all kinds of activities.

Sherry - So sorry you and your DH have been sick. . I haven't been online much over the past couple of weeks. At home, I get caught in the trap of getting on the computer first thing in the morning and before I know it, an hour has gone by! I think your idea of starting the day with a meditation or exercise is a good one. Thank you also for mentioning Sally's Baking Addiction. I baked a couple of her desserts for friends stopping by over the holidays. Everyone loved them.

Cyana - Thank you for posting about natural beauty products. I didn't bring enough face/body stuff with me, so that will be useful in helping me find something suitable for my sensitive skin. I managed to do Lee Holden's workshop, while my DH was fixing some things around the house. The practice wasn't my favourite but I thought it was really good overall.

Pat - Kudos to you for hanging in there with a boss who was making you miserable. I'm glad he didn't break your spirit. I went to the library and borrowed a couple of books on Reiki and am really looking forward to reading them. I'm also starting a new online energy program in a few days.

Jackie - Hope Aubrey is feeling better and everyone else in the family is staying well.

Laura - Wishing you all the best for 2020 and good luck with your teaching.

Hope this year is going to be a happy, healthy and prosperous one for all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 01:47 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good evening yoginis, a quick fly by before I hit the hay....

Today was a functional fitness day for me. DH and I packed up our food & personal stuff in the condo to prepare it for a month rental. We did a team clean, changed beds then he vacuumed & I steam mopped. I cleaned while he loaded the car. I’ve clocked over 9000 steps without going outside much, lol.

My left SI is still bugging me, but movement helps. I was soooo stiff when I got out of bed and after the 2 hr drive home. I felt like a stiff old lady, lol. DS2 got home from visiting his in-laws on the mainland tonight & used his kinesiologist skills to adjust me a bit. I think it helped. I did the same yoga & PT stretches I did yesterday, along with some twists, & held them for several minutes. So I’ll just have to work through it. I may pull out my SI belt tomorrow now that I’m home. I’m teaching Essentrics tomorrow morning & I hope that will help. I also hope to get to a yin class in the afternoon.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-02-20, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone and Happy New Year! I hope all of your dreams and wishes come true.

Sadhana Day 10 - dusted off Zyrka Landwijt's Gentle Yoga for the Series A 33 minute practice. It's been many years, but I decided to keep it for now.

I missed another day of sadhana, being down with funky stomach syndrome. It began Tuesday evening, I began feeling queasy while on the elliptical and couldn't make dinner. Yesterday was awful and I almost didn't come to work this morning. I had gone to a new doctor Monday, with a small, stuffy waiting room packed with people. A little boy was running all over and he was wafting an, ahem, "poopy smell" behind him It is a rheumatology office filled with immune suppressed people, that was a rather "crappy" thing for his parents and grandma to do! You'd think one parent could have kept him home.

I'll have to catch up later ...
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 10:52 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, ouch! I am too familiar with SI joint point. I hope it eases up very soon-hugs!

Pat, I am so sorry on the stomach virus. It is truly miserable. I hope you are back to 100 percent soon.

Margot, so nice to see you!

Cyana, I wish the Lee Holden workshops were not so expensive. They are beyond my price range.

This morning I did:

meditation
Yoga Upload Gentle Morning practice (eternal favorite!)
Soul Sweat with Lucy "You Can't Get it Wrong" I managed 30 minutes of the class, and had to fight to get those last ten minutes in. My energy is returning VERY slowly.

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 04:00 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hello ladies!

I am doing a free Essentrics class this evening to promote my next series. I might do a little more working on trademarks before I head out.

The MN cloudy, dreary, and cold weather is messing with me. I shouldn't complain as I was just on vacation.....

Cyana and Sherry...I too wish I could justify Lee's workshops/streaming. I do find a lot of benefit in his practices.

Sherry glad you're feeling better. Aubrey is finally well here.

Pam so sorry about the SI joint. I hope you get some relief.

Pat oh no on the stomach bug! Yuck. I hope it is short lived.

Laura best of luck....I hope you can still pop in from time to time.

Margot nice to see you, and happy new year to you!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 07:45 PM  
cyana

Yesterday:
YT - Weight Loss for Women Over 50 - Pahla B - posted 1.1.2020
MFML - Peace & Breath - Norman Blair
MFML - Sleep Well Meditation - Alexander Filmer-Lorch
YT - 432 Hz Pineal Gland Healing Sound Bath - Crystal Singing Bowl Endocrine Cleanse - Healing Vibrations - posted 7.11.2019

Pahla B is doing a 31 day program if anyone is interested. I just wanted something on the shorter side to get moving and all warmed up so I could do yoga and chose the first Pahla, Jessica S or Lucy W that I came across. She walked and I did some walking and a little jogging. Her kitty made a guest appearance (off to the side - pretty kitty!). Waiting for dinner to digest and I'll go do something for today. DH and I were talking about a family "thing" this morning and before I knew it, it was time for work. My goal is to get back to morning work-outs in 2020, as my consistency is so much better.

Sherry and Jackie - It's always a conscious decision when I buy Lee's workshops or renew the streaming service - never a quickie snap decision. They are pricey and something else has to go, but I do find a lot of value in his practices, so I'll keep going for now. Now that I've done several workshops, I probably won't be as quick to purchase future programs. I would love to do an in-person immersion one day.

Margot - It's good to hear from you. I was afraid after I finished writing my list for the beauty thread people would say "Ahem....that's a lot of stuff for a minimalist!" I wash my face with Dr. Bronner's or Kirk's Castile soap (this one is really inexpensive and mild) , slather on my Healthy Traditions cream and that's it most days. I got the notification this afternoon that Lee's latest workshop is now in my media library, so I'm hoping to do it this week-end or next.

Pat - OMG - Zyrka - must dig out one of her DVD's and do it soon. I'm sure it has been several years since I last practiced with her!

Pam - Do you like your steam mop, and if so, which one do you have? That's one thing I've wondered about, as I've always thought having a steam cleaner would be useful. Hope you can get that SI joint back under control!

Digestion time is over - time to go shake a leg!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 08:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics
~JumpSport streaming: Level 1 Intro Cardio - This was short but moderately intense so I had to keep it low impact and modify a few moves. I was gifted a month streaming by my Secret Santa. It looks like a good site, lots of variety.
~Body Groove: Gentle Groovy Yoga - workout 1 - This was short and relaxing. I’ve been curious about it so I’m doing a month. It was a bit of a post holiday, lousy weather impulse buy, lol. I doubt I’ll do more than a month, I think many of the workouts are a bit too free form for me so I’m mainly interested in the yoga & Pilates.
~gentle hip/low back stretches....half frog, half apanasana on a block, reclined twist

My SI is still cranky but movement helps. I stiffen up pretty quickly if I sit. I pulled out my Serola belt and it does feel good.

Welcome back Margot! How did you enjoy the Slinky Spine class?

Sherry - I’m bad for getting my coffee and going online when I wake up. I need to work on that!

Pat - I’m sorry to hear you’ve been in sick bay too! Ugh to the poopy smell in close quarters, that’s nasty!

Jackie - I hope your class went well!

Cyana - Nice combo of workouts! This is my steam mop & I love it.
https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Power...s%2C217&sr=8-4
We can whip through the house together pretty quickly, DH vacuums and I follow behind with the steam mop. I see the reviews are quite mixed, but I’ve never had an issue with mine & I've had it for two years.
ETA I bought two pairs of Sweet Legs tights during their Boxing Day sale. They arrived today & I love them!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn