Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-20, 05:56 PM  
AnMrsDe

Allison, I hope your back is feeling better!

Jane, I hope you are feeling better too! Itchy? Are you allergic to the doggie? Rest up!

Clerkin, any news about baby Kian?

T2B, Congrats on your last week of your rotation! What's next on the horizon?

Hope Dorothy and Bex are ok....they haven't updated in awhile....and then ASAS hasn't posted once this month! Hope she checks in soon.

Who pre-ordered Cathe's new Perfect 30? (Raising hand) I did! What a quick mention of a new series this is!!! Love it!
Hope everyone has a safe and WARM weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 09:47 PM  
Tammie M

Clerkin, prayers for baby Kian's recovery. Hopefully you are still seeing signs of improvement.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 03:48 PM  
clerkin11

Thank you everyone for the prayers. I KNOW they are helping keep him alive.
Every day has had its challenges and they're not at a place yet where they can relax.
Yesterday, he had a fever, high blood pressure and high pulse so they had to do a CT scan to try to figure out what's happening.
And to top it off, my niece was diagnosed with the Flu B, so she got a prescription for tamiflu but had to leave the hospital.
She called me on her way home from the hospital sobbing that she had to leave him and scared that she might have made him sick.
Some days you wonder how much more they can take.
She (my niece) hasn't rested since this happened and her body is telling her that the best thing she can do for Kian right now is rest and get better.
They can't start the chemo for the brain tumor until he stabilizes, so we're waiting for that.
It's hard to stay positive when everyday is so scary, but I refuse to think bad thoughts. I just keep praying.
Actually I need to go shower and get to the hospital. On a selfish note, I feel like my house is falling apart around me because i'm never home, but I know it will get better. Take care everyone and thank you!!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 06:45 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Clerkin, I haven't been on VF all week & just read about Kian. I'm so sorry your family is dealing with this awful thing. I will hold you and the baby and all of his family in my thoughts & prayers.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 10:26 AM  
Cher

Clerkin, thanks for the update on Kian. You’re poor niece must be going crazy not being able to be at the hospital. I can’t imagine having to go through all that. Still keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs))

Jane, I hope you are starting to feel better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 12:23 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Clerkin I just want you to know I’ve been keeping your family in my prayers. I can’t even imagine what your niece is going through and now to be sick on top of that. I know she needs her rest too but I’m sure she’s just running on adrenaline right now. (((Hugs)))

Cher I’m feeling better and I hope you are too! I feel like a broken record too being sick. As a long time sciatic sufferer the best thing I’ve done over the years is yoga. I’ve only had one serious flare up since doing yoga regularly. I’m sure any consistent stretching will help the same way. I know that’s not your jam but you can always do stretch’s watching tv.

AnMrsDe I didn’t preorder the new Cathes yet. I’m on the fence, I don’t like her yoga, haven’t been lifting or doing her cardio but I very well may change my mind. I have to admit that I am enjoying the drama on that thread. So old school

TB2So close! You’re killing that rotation as usual!!!

Dorothy I’m stealing your vest idea. I have three vests! I always picture you actually walking across those states with a vest

Hope Sugar and Bex are okay!!

Stay warm!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 02:57 PM  
T2B

Clerkin - Still thinking about and praying for baby Kian. Praying that your niece gets well so she can be with her baby.

Jane - glad you’re feeling better. Thanks for the kind words about my rotation. I got really tired during Week 11.

Cher - been following your progress. Glad the PT is going well. We like broken records, too.

AsSweet - hope all is well with you. Miss you!

allison - good to see you posting here again.

Char - I visited Monterey years ago when my sister was in the Navy, stationed at Monterey. Sounds like a great day! How is your friend’s son doing?

AnMrsDe - I ordered the new Cathe’s today. It’s a no brainer for me, always cheaper than buying them later. Also got the last 2 older DVD workouts that I didn’t have on DVD. Great workouts as usual. I’m waiting for Cathe to have another Cathe Live sale.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 10:32 AM  
AnMrsDe

Clerkin, Your little sweetie is still in my prayers...and for his family to receive good health and stamina during this difficult time. More HUGS to you! Thanks for the update.

T2B, I'm waiting for another Cathe Live sale too. I hate to say it, but I was a little disappointed with PHA3 today. :/ Of course, I should realize that none of these PHA dvd workouts are going to measure up to the PHA Lives!!!

Waves to all...VERY COLD here but at least the sun is out today and it's going to warm up here this week!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 06:39 PM  
CharM

clerkin, thank you for the updates. I'll continue to keep the little one and your family in my thoughts.

T2B, well this visit to Monterey was better than the last one (last month) since it wasn't cold, windy, and rainy this time. It was just a little bit cold, but all that walking warmed us up quickly. My friend's son is alive, thankfully, but I'm not sure he's getting the help he needs. They're keeping things within the family now, so I have to respect their wishes and not inquire.

waves to everyone
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 07:50 AM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - sorry you were disappointed in Step Boss PHA3. Loved hearing your thoughts. Maybe PHA3 will grow on you. It’s my favorite of all the PHAs, excluding Lives. I like that the 3rd one has a different focus. Cathe’s workout music is so hit or miss. It was way better when she did the sound likes but then people started complaining. I liked the sound likes. I even like the music she plays on the lives.

Char - I pray that your friends son wants help and that he’s getting the help he needs. Tough road.

clerkin - how is your niece and baby Kian?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts