Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-19, 11:02 AM  
AnMrsDe

If anyone is still on the fence.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I also got that email. I'm really conflicted about getting this set. I LOVE Travis, but I think it might be a tad too hard and I don't like downloads. The fact that I can only purchase downloads for a finite timeframe is making me anxious. I can't do streaming due to poor internet service (and even downloading takes forever). Uggg.

Kim
Kim, If you can figure out if downloads would work for you, the classes are very easy modifiable, but at the same time challenging to just push you a bit further.

If you can do classes from Vytas' Deepen Your Practice series (and IIRC you liked that series?), these are very similar but, IMO, have a better presence with the class participants, music, vibe, and TRAVIS!!!

I did Vitality this morning and I'm in LOVE with this class! Starts off w/ 2 min of breathing work but I skipped it due to possibility of bringing on a coughing attack (as I am fighting a cold). Includes Tai Chi, Crouching Tiger, BOF (again, skipped), Belly Archer; Hop Switch, 1/2 moon, Locust variations, Warrior 3/Dancer's Pose to Chapasana; Extended Arm Camel pose (awesome!), etc.

This class reminded me a lot of UY Vitality, Chi Flow (Yoga30for30), and the Archer practice from Dimensions TV rolled into one FANTASTIC class! IMO, it has the perfect blend of flow, balance and posture work and it seemed easier on my wrists and shoulders. This class was worth the amount of the whole series to me. Every class just gets better and better it seems!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 01:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Phew, I did the new Detox youtube offering -- so nice that Travis makes a whole class available for free. I found it very tough -- I haven't been doing tough yoga for a while so I guess that makes sense. It did tempt me on buying the downloads before they're no longer available for sale, but I have to remember how much yoga I have and that this was pretty difficult for me.

I loved the quote about how "this is a time for longevity, not stupidity" -- I may not have it exact. I also couldn't help but wonder if based on the opening title font/graphics choice and the set choice if Travis is a closet Minecraft player.
Old 12-29-19, 04:56 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Kim, If you can figure out if downloads would work for you, the classes are very easy modifiable, but at the same time challenging to just push you a bit further.

If you can do classes from Vytas' Deepen Your Practice series (and IIRC you liked that series?), these are very similar but, IMO, have a better presence with the class participants, music, vibe, and TRAVIS!!!

I did Vitality this morning and I'm in LOVE with this class! Starts off w/ 2 min of breathing work but I skipped it due to possibility of bringing on a coughing attack (as I am fighting a cold). Includes Tai Chi, Crouching Tiger, BOF (again, skipped), Belly Archer; Hop Switch, 1/2 moon, Locust variations, Warrior 3/Dancer's Pose to Chapasana; Extended Arm Angle pose (awesome!), etc.

This class reminded me a lot of UY Vitality, Chi Flow (Yoga30for30), and the Archer practice from Dimensions TV rolled into one FANTASTIC class! IMO, it has the perfect blend of flow, balance and posture work and it seemed easier on my wrists and shoulders. This class was worth the amount of the whole series to me. Every class just gets better and better it seems!
I did the Detox class from YouTube last night. It was doable with some modifications and breaks. I had myself talked out of getting the set but your post is making me rethink it. And Yes, I love the set from Vytas. Oh boy!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 09:01 PM  
Mickey12

I purchased the set. We recently got new internet service and downloading wasn't even that much of a hassle. There really seems to be a lot of content for $108.00 so I'm glad I purchased. At least I no longer have FOMO.

Kim
Old 12-29-19, 09:18 PM  
Richie

Can anyone say what the total download amount is in gb?

EDIT - To answer my own question, a complete HD download is just under 30gb.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 08:33 AM  
AnMrsDe

Kim, hope you like the series!! Please post your thoughts here after you try them. (I really appreciated your thoughts for making my choice with Vytas DYP series)!

Richie, I’m glad you found your answer. I didn’t D/L everything, so I wasn’t sure. Did you end up purchasing it?
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 11:37 AM  
Richie

Quote:
Richie, I’m glad you found your answer. I didn’t D/L everything, so I wasn’t sure. Did you end up purchasing it?
I did! Even though it's a bit advanced for me at the moment.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 12:40 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:

I did Vitality this morning and I'm in LOVE with this class! Starts off w/ 2 min of breathing work but I skipped it due to possibility of bringing on a coughing attack (as I am fighting a cold). Includes Tai Chi, Crouching Tiger, BOF (again, skipped), Belly Archer; Hop Switch, 1/2 moon, Locust variations, Warrior 3/Dancer's Pose to Chapasana; Extended Arm Angle pose (awesome!), etc.

Wasn't that great!?! I like all the breath work too in these practices.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 12:48 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

So back with more reviews.

Again with Vitality - Very very flowing class but not too fast. You build the flow poses slowly then do them all about twice through. Couple rounds of BOF which I love. An invigorating class!
Advanced poses - Half Moon from Dancers pose without putting your leg down.
A Balanced Half Camel pose - I did it! I struggle with Camel.

The Gentle Yoga class is AHHHHHH sweet! I did this one after a stressful day - super slow flow and longer held poses were just right. I don't know if there were really any Advanced poses in this one. Just super mellow.

Flexibility - this is my favorite practice on the UY set. I don't know if this is as good as UY Flex but it is really excellent. Good stretches that are put into a couple of little flows too. Advanced poses like Splits.

So all I have left is Balance, 30 Min Yin Upper and the Sun Sals. I am now going out of order on the rotation as I wanted to try them all at least once before moving on.

All in all, totally pleased with this set. Worth the $$ to me.
I also still have some of the meditations to try. They're all good so far.

Have fun practicing everyone! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 07:32 PM  
Mickey12

I did Yin Upper Body because it was only 30 minutes and I was tired. My shoulders tend to be really tight and the beginning poses didn’t feel great but as I continued everything loosened up and felt better. I really enjoy Travis, his stories, his instruction. I’m excited to try the others.

Kim

Tags
level up 108, travis eliot, travis eliot downloads, travis eliot streaming