Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-20, 10:18 AM  
Buzzer

check in with....nothing. we have the flu. it's bad. it stinks. it hurts. we have been sick since last year. it's horrible.

The day before NYE LB and I were making treats all day in the kitchen. about 3pm, my back hurt so bad I thought I was going to throw up. I complained to DH about our kitchen, thinking it was hurting from stooping over, a poorly designed kitchen, and all sorts of other kitchen related things. I went to bed early, and all night was waking up feeling like I had armored plates all over my body. Every muscle. it was horrible. Plus, I had a tickle in my chest. crap.

NYE I was coughing, felt like my skin was sensitive, but thought it was just a cold coming on and went to Loveland to spend Christmas with my sisters and their families. As the night wore on, I felt worse and worse. my cough started morphing into a rumbly chest cough. I started feeling out of it and crappy. my skin was sensitive. LB was doing fine, so I acted like I was doing good so I wouldn't let my "cold" affect the once a year Christmas.

That night we had booked at the Embassy Suites, and we got back there about 12:45am. DH went and checked in, and came out to the car and said "there's a fight on the second floor. we are on the 8th so just head up with LB, I'll get the dogs". I asked "what???? Is it safe to go in??" he said "yeah. just don't go on the second floor". seriously.

So I take LB in... there's an open atrium with tables for breakfast and the managers reception in the middle, and all the floors open up to it. There are 20 somethings everywhere. On every floor, standing at the railings looking down at the second floor. There's people in the atrium standing on tables looking at the fight. My seven year old stops to look at a giant gingerbread house they have on display. Everyone is yelling. Everyone is dressed like a cowboy or a girl trying to get a cowboy... if you know what I mean. Like, bandanas covering their nether regions. It's like a movie set. I tell LB "I'll let you look at the house in the morning. Let's go up to the room". I just wanted her to get up there safe.

We get in the elevator and at the last minute a guy gets in, about young 20's, and he's got cuts on his face. great. someone yells after him "where are you going??" he yells "I have to make sure Tanner is OK!" he gets out where? 2nd floor. Where people waiting for him say "I saw it! Three guys jumped you!" yay. the jerk in the fight was in the elevator with me and my 7 year old.

We get up to our floor, which has a crowd of kids standing around, and I calmly get LB to the room. Seriously. I was just happy we got there safely. I have no idea why DH sent us up ourselves. He's a former Marine, I wouldn't have sent us up, I can't believe he did. Anyhow, he eventually comes up with the dogs and all is right with the room. It's quiet. I ask DH if breakfast is extended since it's a holiday, he says he'll go ask. He brings our oldest dog. He's gone forever. Apparently someone threw a beer can at him and the dog in the elevator, so now our room is comped, the cops are at our door, and we are up until 2am. At a nice, friendly, Embassy Suites in Loveland, Colorado. It was seriously crazy.

Strangely enough in the morning, no 20 something cowboys or girls who want cowboys are around, and it's all families with kids eating breakfast.

Anyhow, long story longer, LB and I played in the pool too long when we shouldn't have, I think I knocked myself out, and I have been knocked down sick since last year.

LB and I made a "sweat lodge" using the sauna in her room. We heat it up, make it as humid as possible, then go in and out of her room all day to breathe. It hit her after we got home (thankfully), and so far no one in the family has it. we have done nothing for now 8 or 9 days. we haven't even gotten out of our jammies.

hopefully I will workout again some time this year. hopefully I will get healthy some day. we start CC again next week, and I am hoping I feel better for that.

this sucks bad.

so sorry for no check ins, I am hoping I will be healthy and checking in next week??? ugh. this sucks.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 04:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday and day before - nada stretched on my own but were staying with friends and no way to workout
Saturday - Stephanie Vitorino body target 3

honestly I know I worked out w-f and did not record. I'm sure I did some TA workout #2 but not sure what else.

we made it home last night around 7:30 since we just drove from Albuquerque. But it was a long trip and I came home to find out I have to be in meetings on Friday which I'd planned for prepping. not happy.

Buzzer - DH got sick in ABQ and now realizes he's got bronchitis. Sorry you feel so crappy. My low back is not happy but I think it's from sitting and driving so dang much.

ebianco - I like the cody barre program but it's okay not awesome. I think I really am not a streaming person. I got a yoga workout to stream today but of course it stopped mid way and I had to get it set up again. I like my dvds!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 01:50 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Catching up:

Wednesday: Karen's Great Weighted Workout arms, always a favorite

Thursday: Pure Barre Results - Abs without the arm work and the final ab work, for a 40 minute workout. Once again, I seem to be okay with the standing barre work (I make it more shallow than I used to but I get a great shake!)

Fri: Ellen Fat Burning Fusion again, but shortened because it was before work, so about 35 minutes. I really felt a gentle DOMS today in my whole torso area from the stretches and reaches. I love this workout!

Today: MR Getting Better, the warm up and arm work, then 10MS Belly Blasters, oldie but goodie with Jessica Smith, two chapters plus stretching for a 45 minute workout. The abs on this was pretty good! I added ankle weights and tried to really focus on form to make it harder.

I had been at about a zero pain in my knee for a few days, but going back to the desk at the office slightly exacerbated my knee, but it is still feeling much better. It is VERY nice weather this weekend so I went for a long walk with my dogs, and will probably do it again tomorrow. At least I can stand around a lot and go for walks without my knee hurting. I'd say I'm at 0.5 pain (on my 1-10 scale).

Eventmom I"m glad to hear the Cody Barre isn't a must have-hahaha.

Buzzer I'm so sorry that you have the flu. I really hope you feel better! Just rest and recover!
Old 01-12-20, 01:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tuesday - Ta beg #2, dc 1.3 & action jacquelyn yoga
wed - flexibility for athletes
thursday - 20 min V-core, fitprime dancy cardio
friday - jaquelyn ballerina legs + charlene cardio
sat - TA #2 to standing abs, then qf pilates abs + 20 min TA cardio
sun - Margaret perfect 10 workout 2 part a + mission possible

I'm not sure I might be sick have been sick?

ebianco - getting better is a pretty good MR harder than you expect! I'm trying to get more formal ab work but I'm still trying to sort out what type of rotation I'm doing.

hi buzzer!
Old 01-13-20, 12:26 PM  
Buzzer

nothing still.

I honestly think this is the longest I have ever gone in my life without working out. However, I have not gained or lost weight, so I think my workouts are a net zero when it comes to impact on my weight.

Yesterday LB had her BFF come over after church, so I told them to leave me alone to clean since I haven't cleaned the house since probably Christmas. It's a mess. I deep cleaned my kitchen, and then my back started to hurt like crazy. Like, my back hurt so bad my triceps hurt. I was panicking in my head that I was getting sick again, since the flu started with a back ache that was so bad. I slept 9 hours last night (unheard of for me) and feel better today. Second flu averted.

So we have been shut ins, still coughing, still blowing our noses, still sleeping like the dead. I feel like I've lost 2 weeks of my life that I could have been productive, we could have been playing, I could have cleaned my house, and I am now starting over with the Firm rotation.

Tomorrow is CC, so I am planning on doing an easier Firm on Wednesday. I don't know which one, but more of a weight training one than a cardio one. Probably a pink firm, or a basics, or a Fitprime. If just cleaning my kitchen knocks me out, and playing knocks out LB, I need to start out easy!!

Ebianco: I'm glad to hear the house is still kinda on track and your knee is doing better! the check in curse. One of us falls apart, we all do. I remember when I bought my house forever ago (when I was single), I actually cracked a tooth from grinding my teeth with the stress. As much as I hate this house we are in, I don't think I would buy another! I'm good with building, at least you get what you want, and don't have to worry the whole time!!!

Eventmom: don't. get. sick. seriously. don't. I hope you just get a passing cold that is gone in 3 days instead of this crappity crap!! Glad you made it home safe, and hopefully your meetings went well!!

Hopefully starting Wednesday, I will be checking in again instead of sleeping and laying around feeling like crap!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-13-20, 03:38 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - MR perfect 10 B part 2 + karen voight cardio

rode both mares. I HAVE to stretch after I ride them both and it's a struggle to make time for it.

buzzer - I am not sick sick maybe something mild? can't tell, maybe got over something mild, it's weird. sorry you aren't working out but honestly if you are sleeping that much you are probably getting over something. Given that both of us have struggles with sleep let you body go there!

hi ebianco!
Old 01-16-20, 10:13 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights... DONE!!

Whoo hoo!! I did a workout! First time this year!! First time in 17 days!!! Whoo hoo!! I am not 100% back, but it sure felt good. I had Kleenex nearby and coughed and blew my nose quite a bit, but I think it was because the workout was cleaning me out.

I used 8's as my heavy weight, and 5's as the light. I focused while using the sculpting stick for my lunges and squats. I just tried to really focus. The cardio wasn't good, I still have crap in my lungs and it kept me from giving it my all. However, I did it!!

I remember when I got rid of my basics years ago, I decided I wasn't rebuying them. they were too easy. Now I am glad I got them, because it was perfect for me right now!! it was slow and steady, and I added more arms in where I wanted to. I wouldn't say it was easy, because I am still feeling a bit puny and at night I am exhausted by about 7. I didn't want to do anything that would knock me out for the day, and I think it was perfect. Yay for having the basics!!

Yesterday I was going to start my workouts, but I forgot Comcast was coming out to move their lines to our new power poles (finally). I slept until about 7:30, they were coming at 9, I had to open the gate for them. I didn't want to be working out when they showed up, and didn't want to workout while they were there in case they needed anything. they said it would take 2 hours, but it ended up taking almost 6. By the time they left, I had cleaned the house, promised LB sushi, and was tired. so I figured I haven't worked out this long, cleaning the house got me my 10,000 steps, so what was one more day.

I'm glad to be back in it though!!

LB is still punky, she plays, has energy, but about 3ish she's crashing. she still has a rumbly cough and is blowing her nose a lot. Poor kid. This has really been a tough one.

DH was out of town for a few days, so LB and I cleaned, built a fort in the living room, and slept way too much. it was good for us.

Our first day back to cc wasn't so good. I was kinda out of it, I chastised a kid because he wasn't following directions (he was using 5 or 6 pencils to scribble instead of drawing expressions like Rembrandt... kinda a stupid reason to chastise a 7 year old) then had a big come to Jesus meeting with the afternoon kids because they were being ridiculous and mean to each other. I am hoping next week I will feel better, be more with it, and not so short tempered.

It really felt good to workout!!! I did get tired a little easy, felt my muscles getting tired while I was using them, but I idid the pushups on my toes and added arms to the cardio when she didn't have any. I think it was good.

I am trying to get back to 100%!!

Eventmom: I have been trying to have an amazing grass shot and protein scoop to drink every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. so far, last night was the first night I didn't take NyQuil and I slept pretty good until LB woke me up with a bad dream!! I didn't wake up with the metallic taste and feeling I usually have though so I am thinking I am on the right track. please remind me the name of the sleep book you read.

Ebianco: Here's hoping your knee is all healed (or at least healed to the point where you don't feel it anymore) and you get a nice new house!! So cool. I need a new house so I will live vicariously through you!! Keep us posted!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-16-20, 11:04 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tuesday - essentrics stretch
wednesday - MR muscle & grace part b + fitprime kickboxing off the 6 day trainer
today - MR muscle & grace part a + about 25 min of Christi Tayler spice

ebianco - wow! 17 days glad you were able to do something take it slow! the book i read was called 'why we sleep' it was written by a sleep researcher but it's written for the public not just other sleep researchers. great news on sleeping.

hi ebianco!
Old 01-17-20, 12:24 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Basics Fat Blaster... DONE!

I am kinda liking this slow pace. I'm not hocking up goobers, I am just blowing my nose during it. I am finding I don't have a huge cardio capacity, however I am enjoying the lower moves and focusing on form a LOT. I was surprised I was kinda sore in my quads after yesterday! I was at first kinda irritated about it, but now I am realizing I didn't eat or drink well for about 1/2. a month, plus I flooded my body with bad medicines, so I have to give myself a break.

Fat Blaster was good though. It was different enough from yesterday's basic that I didn't feel like I was overworking, and the cardio was kinda fun. I added arms and swished my hips more than they did, so I am a little spunkier than the basic ladies are

I enjoyed it. I will probably try a cardio tomorrow (fit prime?) and ease back into my regular Firms.

LB has been feeling a little better too. Yesterday she had a headache and was crashing about 4pm, but we made it to bible study and she was awake and played. She's still blowing her nose a lot and coughing, but like me, compared to just a week or so ago, she's doing great!!

Our schedule is starting to pick up again, so I am grateful we are healthier.

Today we are going to homeschool roller skating, and LB has picked out a tiger she wants from American Furniture Warehouse so I am getting it for her for her Birthday. She will have to wait almost 5 months for it, but she said she's OK with that!! That's how I know she really wants it. Plus, it's a tiger, and she's my tiger girl. She loves tigers and has about 20 stuffed tigers, and loves every one of them. She also always wears clothes that are pattered big cat skin prints, and wants to be a tiger trainer when she grows up. So, I know this tiger will be loved.

Today is supposed to be windy, up to 70mph, so no outdoor entertainment today.

Eventmom: thanks for the name of the book! I looked it up, and I am interested in reading all about it. I may even end up buying it if it seems like it'll help me! I got a whole 5 hours of sleep last night, so I guess I am feeling better and back to not sleeping . I didn't take my magnesium while I was sick though, so I have started that back again, and figure it'll take time.

Ebianco: You gotta tell us how your knee is doing and how the house is coming along. I'm glad you've been trying more difficult workouts, it's a process but it's building your confidence that your knee can handle it, I'm sure!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-17-20, 09:29 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi again,

I can't believe I haven't checked in all week, but the stress with the house (is it happening? It's not/it is/it's not/it is ) just encompassed every minute of every day. Presumably it is fully approved and happening now, but I'm so emotionally fatigued by the back and forth that I'm still skeptical. But I'm trying to get excited, because it is supposed to be definitely happening.

My knee was feeling awesome the last time i checked in but it's been feeling slightly worse again, I don't know if it's my exercise or the stress or whatever else, but it's not as good as before. I've been keeping to my schedule, just about the same workouts for the past two weeks.

Last Sunday: Ballet Physique Signature Sculpt, the legs, seat, and abs which was 60 minutes! That was really tough.

Wed: GWW Arms and stretch

Thurs: Pure Barre Results Abs, the warm up, planks, legs, and seat

Today: Ellen Fat Burning Fusion

Tomorrow, MR Getting Better again!! That arm work is just seriously good, it's become a favorite. It's not really fun necessarily but it's effective. Then on Sunday I'll do another barre workout. I'm not sure why my knee is slightly hurting more but I already tried not working out and that didn't help at all, so trying to just take it day by day.

Eventmom I love the kickboxing worouot off the Fitprime 6 Day trainer DVD!

Buzzer I'm glad you're feeling better and great job on your Firm workouts!