Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-19, 04:17 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Openfit

Has anyone tried Openfit? I saw an ad on my IG thread today. They have four workout types: Xtend Barre, Tough Mudder, 600 seconds (I'm guessing this is a HIIT format) and Yoga 52. I like Xtend Barre, so I signed up. There is a 30 day free trial (quite a generous trial length), after which you are charged for a subscription. A year is $99, it's $39 for three months. You can cancel anytime.

I just did the first Xtend workout from the 30 day rotation. I enjoyed it. It was challenging without being ridiculous and it didn't seem to aggravate any of my issues. The instructor was a bit of a yeller, but she was very energetic. I'm working on increasing my energy levels this month, so I'm hoping this helps.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 01:35 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

It's been on my FB and IG feeds, too. I am curious.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 02:49 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

So far I'm liking it. There isn't any music to the Xtend barre workouts, though. There is a playlist, but you need a spotify account and I am really trying to prune my online presence. I'm about to do the Cardio 1 workout... not sure how cardio is going to be without any music. I suppose I could try to figure something out but it annoys me that I have to cobble together some music. I kind of feel like that should be provided!
Old 02-05-19, 05:11 PM  
diggerholliday

I'm so unobservant when it comes to music. I guess I have no sense of rhythm but I never notice when instructors are off beat or even when there's no music. I've only done 2 workouts and didn't notice this at all.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 05:30 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
I'm so unobservant when it comes to music. I guess I have no sense of rhythm but I never notice when instructors are off beat or even when there's no music. I've only done 2 workouts and didn't notice this at all.
Hey, that's great if it doesn't bother you! I can't say I am super attentive to music, but especially for a cardio workout, for me it's nice to have upbeat music. I ended up playing a youtube playlist. It was too loud and hard to hear the cues, and there was an ad after each song. It was hardly an ideal solution, but it was better than nothing.

What workouts have you done, Diggerholliday? Are you doing Xtend or one of the other formats?
Old 02-05-19, 06:25 PM  
Marisa

Someone mentioned recently that Beachbody owns Openfit. I wonder how the two companies will differentiate or evolve:
https://trademarks.justia.com/880/64...-88064218.html
Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 05:08 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

How many Xtend barre workouts are available on the site?,

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 05:22 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
How many Xtend barre workouts are available on the site?,
There are 30 Xtend workouts, each 30 minutes long. Apparently they will continue to upload new ones each month, but I don't know how many.
Old 02-12-19, 05:33 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Wow! Thank you!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-19, 04:54 AM  
topfitmama

I signed up to this and I've previewed bits and pieces of some workouts. Yes, Andrea is a bit of a yeller
I like that there are many workouts to choose from so I can go for something less intense on days when I have less energy. I also like that there are women of different shapes and sizes, which might mean that this series is not being promoted as the key to achieving the "long lean lines" of a dancer. Finally.
But the videos don't stream in very good quality for me. I live in a village and our internet is not that great....
The lack of music is a bonus, in my opinion. I've grown used to no music or very pleasant music (Sleek Technique). I don't think I will be able to do the cardio workouts anyway.

I'm going to do a few of these workouts over the next four weeks, see if my body is up to doing something a bit more upbeat again

Yes 30 days IS generous!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
openfit