Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-17, 01:20 PM  
deineira

Dream Body/Fusion Fitness Streaming

I just received the following update from the Dream Body folks...

We wanted to let you know you now have the option to subscribe to Sweat Lab Fitness Monthly Unlimited Videos. This is an easy way to access 19 of our videos from the comfort of your own home and create your own Sweat Lab!

For $49/month, you'll have unlimited streaming access to the 19 titles below. PLUS, we're filming new content in 2017 that will be added and included in this plan. Click here to start adding variety to your at-home workouts.
The Sweat Lab Series: Six 30-minute body-specific workouts
Dream Body Cardio Series: 5 of our most intense cardio workouts
Dream Body Series: 6 cardio and toning workouts, including our Original Dream Body Workout
Two Fusion Bump workouts: pre- and post-natal, or anytime you want a low-impact workouts
Currently our Great in 8 Videos are not included in the Monthly Unlimited.

At Sweat Lab Fitness our motto is Shock Your Body - it's key to challenging your cardiovascular system and muscle groups with new instructors, new moves and ever-changing workouts to keep your body guessing (and changing.)

I'm curious about the Sweat Lab 8 week workouts so I'll probably join for a month at some point when they add them. I have two of their sets and I don't reach for them, but I've been thinking about revisiting them lately. I think $49 per month is a bit steep for such limited streaming content, but it's not really surprising for them to sell at that price point.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 08:59 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I saw this too. I have zero interest in streaming (any streaming) and I hope that once they start the service, they don't remove the option to purchase workouts/downloads from them. I have all of their workouts already but I am anxious to get my hands on their Great in 8 set after the price goes down!

I worry because I snoozed on getting HSM's 20 minute downloads and then when they went to streaming, their downloads were no longer available for purchase! I have their DVDs (which are still for sale) but the downloads appear to be streaming only now I was hoping for a sale which is why I didn't buy them originally
Old 04-13-17, 05:26 AM  
deineira

It looks like no one has any interest in this based on the lack of response. I wonder what that means for them as far as launching a profitable service. I think the pricing is ridiculous and maybe they'll be more realistic about it in the future. It's not as if they're currently planning to add a lot of new content on a regular basis, although they apparently have something in the queue for later this year. I would certainly do a month if you can download the workouts, but that's not clear from the email that they sent. ebianco, did you get the sense the workouts could be downloaded?
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 07:32 AM  
Buzzer

I have zero interest in this right now, because of both price and content. The only workout I don't have at the moment is the pregnancy ones and the new "great in 8" ones, and I will get the download of the older pregnancy one probably soon! I hope the great in 8 isn't offered only on their streaming site!

For $49 a month, I could put that money towards buying their DVD's and own them all forever and ever after about 5 or 6 months instead of renting them and cancelling afterwards and owning nothing.

I think once they get more original content that is only offered on their streaming, it might be more successful, however even with that, it's not $49 a month worthy! That's steep! I guess their latest challenge was too, so maybe they are trying to hook their current in-house members who will find it more of a bargain compared to the fees of going to the studio.

Anyhow, I got the email, and have zero interest in it. If it stays $49 a month, even with original content, I will not and cannot do it. I have enough Dream Body workouts on DVD to last me for a long time!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 07:40 AM  
Buzzer

... or not. I just went to their site and their downloads page is gone!!!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 08:04 AM  
upperwside

It's a steep monthly price for limited content. I have all the dream body dvds.. but if I didn't.. I would try one month and try out all the workouts.. then buy the ones I love when Mary has her sale. If Cathe can have her awesome content of live and on demand with the custom blender for $20 a month.. charging $50 is outrageous for what dream body is offering!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 08:49 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

double post
Old 04-13-17, 08:50 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
... or not. I just went to their site and their downloads page is gone!!!!!
OMG I am tempted to buy the Great in 8 for $200 now rather than not getting a chance later. In fact, I think I'm going to think about it through the day and may purchase tonight. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the HSM downloads.
Old 04-13-17, 08:55 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
It looks like no one has any interest in this based on the lack of response. I wonder what that means for them as far as launching a profitable service. I think the pricing is ridiculous and maybe they'll be more realistic about it in the future. It's not as if they're currently planning to add a lot of new content on a regular basis, although they apparently have something in the queue for later this year. I would certainly do a month if you can download the workouts, but that's not clear from the email that they sent. ebianco, did you get the sense the workouts could be downloaded?
Hi deineira,

I also remember them mentioning that they would have new content later this year that would be exclusively for streaming. They didn't really make it clear, but I wouldn't count on letting users download. They have a great product, but I wouldn't presume they would be that generous.
Old 04-13-17, 03:57 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
It's a steep monthly price for limited content. I have all the dream body dvds.. but if I didn't.. I would try one month and try out all the workouts.. then buy the ones I love when Mary has her sale. If Cathe can have her awesome content of live and on demand with the custom blender for $20 a month.. charging $50 is outrageous for what dream body is offering!!
Yup.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, fusion fitness