Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-19, 04:55 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I have a 16 or 17-year-old Johnny G spin bike that I bought on QVC for something like $100. It has survived a cross-country move and being stored and used in a very humid south Florida garage. I would love to have a spin bike that was the ride quality of the Peleton bike, without the attached screen, but the Johnny G bike gets the job done.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 11:10 PM  
DirtDiva

Keiser M3i

I have been riding this bike and using the Peloton app on a 55 inch tv screen for two years. Absolutely flawless and the only bike completely manufactured in United States.

https://www.keiser.com/fitness-equip...i-indoor-cycle
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 10:21 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirlsinaz View Post
I am considering a spin bike. I am a novice, but have taken spinning (quite a few yrs ago) at a local community center. I’m not wanting to go the Peloton route because of price, yet want something that will hold up. Any suggestions/advise on brands/models and what I should be looking for would be greatly appreciated.
Have you decided on a spin bike yet?

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 08:30 PM  
allgirlsinaz

No, not yet. I'm leaning toward a Sunny Health and Fitness bike. There is one on Craigslist for $70 and it's the model I'm most interested in. It's been posted for over a month now (assuming they still have it) so not sure why it hasn't sold. Looks to be in great shape from the pictures, I'm just nervous to buy used, even though it's just a bike.

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 02:03 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
No, not yet. I'm leaning toward a Sunny Health and Fitness bike. There is one on Craigslist for $70 and it's the model I'm most interested in. It's been posted for over a month now (assuming they still have it) so not sure why it hasn't sold. Looks to be in great shape from the pictures, I'm just nervous to buy used, even though it's just a bike.
That's a great price. I saw one at Play It Again Sports, and the price was $200, which I thought was high for used. I tried it out and I liked it. I want to look for one on Craiglist after Christmas.
Old 12-18-19, 05:39 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Hope it works out for you!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 06:05 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Hope it works out for you!
Me too. Keep us posted.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 02:12 PM  
Getfit

Quote:
If it’s any constellation, I have purchased my kettlebells, Johnny G spin bike, Bellicon rebounder, iphones, Apple Watch etc from someone reselling. The bike was still sealed in the box and the bellicon was rarely used. I also had a Sunny spin bike that I purchased and sold on a Craigslist. I don’t use Craigslist anymore. I am a huge fan of OfferUp and Facebook. You can test the bike and if you don’t like it don’t purchase it. When I sold my rebound air I had a lady come and she did not buy it because it didn’t have handle bars and she wanted a softer bounce and I showed her my Belicon and she left feeling more knowledgeable about rebounders. I love having over people pay for the depreciation of a product but then again I only buy used cars. Just always test before you buy. I just purchased my Apple Watch 5 for $190 and my friend old me I should have gotten it from T-Mobile because it can be added to your bill for $22 a month for 24 months and they will set it up for you and show you how to use it. I told him with google everything is at my fingertips and if I have any problem I can schedule an appointment with Apple and my I watch still has AppleCare warranty. He didn’t get it. I also purchased 3 AirPods from him for $50 each and the only reason he was selling them is because he switched to Samsung products

Tags
johnny g., spin bike, spin bikes