Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-15, 08:36 AM  
Sharaz

Saturday, July 4th Workouts!!!

Missing T2B...

Pyramid Bonus - Total Body

HR high all the time, minimal rest, supersets, trisets, single sets, plus upper/lower rounds. peeeeeeerfect!!! I progressed big time in weights

Happy 4th of July
Old 07-04-15, 10:36 AM  
T2B

Happy 4th Everyone!

Cathe’s AOLIH + 21 Day Fix Plyo Fix.

Plyo Fix was a virgin workout. 2 exercises x2, 30 secs on/30 secs off, 6 rounds. I liked that the exercises were slow and controlled so you could go deep into the move. I love my Cathe but sometimes (well, most times) we are moving to beat the band.

Sharaz – thanks for starting us off today. I slept in. Are you doing DVDs or your own thing?. I liked what you did yesterday. Weighted frog jumps? The sweat is rolling off me just thinking about your workout yesterday.

Allison/Aunt Famous – high five for staying “in it” while on vacation.

Tugger31 – are you following a rotation? BC/ME is on my schedule for next week

Bzbnmom – Awesome. Those mats cover a lot of area. Very nice. Don’t forget to add some stretching/yoga to your day.

AsSweet - It's still a struggle, getting up in the mornings, but I feel great once I get started.

All - have a wonderful day!!!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 11:00 AM  
smokybubbles

Jessica Smith- Brain Booster & Hips, Buns, Thighs Walk from new 5 Mile DVD.

I was surprised how much I loved these, so far! I'm going to do the others tomorrow...looking forward to it!

P57- Cardio Sculpt

Happy 4th!
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 12:20 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been recovering from nasty jet lag all week so I haven't done any workouts, but this morning I went for a 30 minute walk and will do Jessica's 30-Minute Total Body Chisel + Burn later. Can't wait to get back in the saddle!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 03:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Debbie Siebers Slim Series Firm It Up.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 03:43 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Happy holiday! Boo, the hotel loaned me a dvd player, it doesn't work and the hotel guy thinks I'm a stupid female who can't understand the mysteries of a tv- dvd setup. So I did 20 minutes of abs and stretching instead of my yoga dvd. Off to tell them AGAIN to please swap out this player...
Old 07-04-15, 06:03 PM  
Sharaz

HI T2B , hope you are enjoying the holidays.

Which one is Cathe’s AOLIH

I took some time off from working out, 3 months approximately after breast surgery I started back at home at the end of May with 3 weeks cardio//legs and no upper body. The following 3 weeks was upper/lower/cardio. I worked out 4-5 days a week and my workouts were shorter.

Now in July started Total Body/Cardio increasing both time and frequency to 6 days per week. I am thinking on a 3 day split next and then start some paper program once summers ends.

The workout I did yesterday, Tracey Staehle's Bootcamp Metabolic Conditioning - Workout 2, is one of my favorites It is 4 rounds of the main exercises and 8 tabata rounds. It comes with a nice interval timed warm up and cool down. Both Strength and Metabolic Conditioning DVD's comes with 3 workouts. You should get it

I use this one frequently even if I am lifting at the gym. I like the voice over indicating how many seconds to start, interval halfway and seconds left. I like the beat, but also you can select voice over and play your own music. I don't watch the TV…I just go on autopilot ALL OUT!!! maintaining good form. I prefer to do less jumps aiming for full range of motion. No matter the fitness level it can be done, even modifying to low impact.

I have discovered many great Cathe's lifting workouts recently. I usually look at the breakdowns and know if is the type of workout I am looking for. She use various tempos in her workouts which are a plus for me. Is hard to follow some tempos on your own. Plus, I am a believer in changing regularly workouts variables as exercises order, tempo, reps, rest time, volume, and frequency among others.

I use CATHE steps DVD's and pre-mixed as cardio now and then. She is a great instructor
Old 07-04-15, 06:14 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

30 minutes of Leslie followed by ab work from Cathe's RWH (the one with some standing abs)
Old 07-04-15, 08:42 PM  
mm2

Karen Voight stretch and core conditioning

I really wish she would make some more DVDs!
mm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 09:41 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

Maximum abs by Gilad (51min)
and by Cathe;
100 reps Lat delts
100 reps biceps
100 reps triceps

Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote