Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-20, 08:00 AM  
alisoncooks

Vibration plate owners - a question

I've been considering some sort of massage machine for my feet (plantar fasciitis, again). Someone on another forum recommended a MedMassager, which vibrates. https://www.medmassager.com/product/foot-massager/

I was leaning towards getting it because it may also help DH's neuropathy and leg swelling/circulation (remnants from his chemo and the blood clots he had). But then I thought: would a vibration plate machine do the same thing...but have the bonus of being able to stand on it periodically for whole body use?

So the question: has anyone used their vibration plate like that -- seated on a chair and just resting the feet on it? Would that work/still be worthwhile? Any thoughts?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:53 AM  
Diana3271

We had this machine for 25+ years. If you look at their massagers, we actually have/had both. We went to a seminar thing and they had a promotion buy one get one or something like that. DH pitched a fit for it because a friend had it. Of course DH never used it. DH has nephropathy in his feet and should have tried it for a time to see if it was helpful but didn't. I have used it, until recently. Something broke in it and I threw it away. I have had various foot issues but never noticed any relief with using the foot massager. I used it because I hate spending money on something and just letting it sit there. DH would love for me to use the other massager on his back daily but I only do it when he has more severe pain. With all of that said, I have never seen any benefit from them. I have always been interested in the vibrating plates that you stand on but I don't know if there would be any benefit.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 11:36 AM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for your thoughts, Diana!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 12:05 PM  
Diana3271

I wanted to clarify, that DH, who has neuropathy, has used the machine but not consistently. With each use, he didn't notice a difference. I think that's why he didn't continue to use it. Maybe he would have seen a difference if he used it consistently.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 11:50 PM  
Genevieve M

have you tried ebay?

I always check ebay and other shopping sites (CL, FB Marketplace) first before making a purchase.

Just punched in 'med massager' into ebay and there are quick a few for sale:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...w=med+messager

Hope this helps.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration, vibration machine