Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-22-20, 11:15 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

I'll be glad to donate for whatever is needed.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 11:27 AM  
IceQueen07

I would donate if it keeps it alive and also would be great for new members to be allowed in.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 11:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I have been a VF supporter for many many years. Isn't that used to help maintain the site?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 11:47 AM  
sherry7899

I would donate also.

I have not heard back from Wendy yet.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
If I'm not mistaken at least one person volunteered to help with the tech side of things.

Personally, a new forum look or bells and whistles isn't important to me. I'm comfortable with the way this old fashioned bulletin board is set up, even the faded lavender color, LOL. I just come here for the discussions and check-ins and to learn what's new in the fitness world.
I’m also comfortable with the way the forum is set up, but I would like to see the issue around new people not being able to join resolved. And I’d be happy to contribute to a soft wear update if that would solve the joining issue and the ongoing “internal server error” thing.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'm fine to not have the bells and whistles of newer forums. And I would be very sad to lose the ability to search the wealth of older threads. However, I'd gladly put up with even that, if the alternative was losing the forum completely. I love VF.
I don't need new bells and whistles. I'd just like the old ones to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
If I'm not mistaken at least one person volunteered to help with the tech side of things.
Yes, folks with skills did volunteer. I'm not sure why the offers were ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I have been a VF supporter for many many years. Isn't that used to help maintain the site?
One would think so. I'll admit to hesitating about paying my dues this year. I paid because I don't want VF to die!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:14 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
One would think so. I'll admit to hesitating about paying my dues this year. I paid because I don't want VF to die!
Same exact here.

I would like to see the 501 error quirk fixed and the new people thing. There were volunteers to vet new posters, deflect bots, etc.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:23 PM  
sherry7899

I would like the search function to work, the error message gone and new members added. I am totally fine with the look of the forum. I just want it to work.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I would like the search function to work, the error message gone and new members added. I am totally fine with the look of the forum. I just want it to work.
Ditto!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:52 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
With new members come people who don't know the rules and new drama/possible trolls. The current membership is 'well-trained' and get along with each other. So I can see why new members might not be admitted with limited moderation.
(Not advocating for not having new members, just pointing out a possible reason.)

Upgrading the board might result in loss of posts or worse, I'd rather it keep going rather than take risks where the whole thing stops working altogether. I mean I'd like things to be working too, but I'd rather have VF in this condition than risk it being gone.

There is no place quite like VF out there, there are some facebook groups but they are not conducive to real conversation due to the format and meme-spamming. Forums as a whole are dying unfortunately. Which is too bad because I love the format. All the new formats seem to lose all older posts and sense of history, everything is always about the most recent things only.
Great post, ITA. Social media is awful for having a conversation like this one. I'm in awe that Wendy has kept VF going this long, I'm sure that in 1996 she didn't imagine what she might be getting into for the next quarter century The posts here are such a valuable archive, both of fitness trends and for us personally. I hope that whatever happens, they can be saved.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, glitches, internal server error, search malfunction, vf future, vf roost, vf site issues