Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-20, 05:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Falling down on the job

Morning Ladies! I am falling down on the check in job. Ooops. It's like mid week for me. I get fatigued about now and have to get busy and make it through the rest of the work week. all the additional protocols and work is just plain tiring. (as if work wasn't tiring enough!) Oh well. Eventually the pandemic will pass. In the meantime? I trudge forward (and stay healthy!!!) That is my goal.

Helen: Ok, snakes .. yeah. Not making a travel trip to Australia sounding very appealing right now. eeeeeek .... I can't even (and don't want to) imagine. Thank you very much. Glad I'm giving you something to read.

Pam: I just keep plodding along. Now it's just habit (much like Helen's tagline says). And 2020 is my year.

Lili: Look at you with all those "different" types of workouts. I probably should think about doing some sort of "virgin/dust bunny" month. But nah .. having too much fun. You inspire me.

Waves to Kay and anyone lurking.

Has it really been since 10/3 that I haven't checked in.?? Sorry ....
Oh phooey ... just went back and looked more ... No, I DID check in for 10/4 (after I retyped all of it! D'oh).

so, onward:

10/5/2020: Adrian's bootcamp 45 minutes.
Treadmill and weights. LOVED this one. Bookmarked for a later date, FOR sure. Cool down walk for 10 mintues

10/6/2020: Power Zone 60 minute (last ride of week #7) tough ride. 5 minute grateful dead cool down ride, plus Post Ride Stretch

Soon, I'll be on recess. Even the tough rides have been fine. Bearable. I will not retest till the new year. I am enjoying this challenge (maybe more than others as I get stronger? I dunno). I do have Nancy to thank for that and her having me do Tabata rides. They work along with weights and other training. Feelin' good.

Ok, gotta run.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 06:49 AM  
Helen

Wed., 7th Oct.
57min, Karen - Energy Sprint - QHB + CItS1&2 + S3&4 + S5,6&7 Mix, 6" with buddy

LILI
Glad you had a decent sleep. Not sure if we have magnesium supplements in the house - if we do, might try it myself.
What's up with your knee that it locks up, with serious pain?!
Wise not to risk the treadmill.

PAM
Absolutely, you should have sleep well MOST nights! Hope the tea clicks for you. Nice to see even you having had enough of the same thing for a bit.

CLEDA
Grateful Dead cooldown?! Aren't they a heavy metal band? Does NOT sound relaxing.
Snakes: I've only ever seen 2 at the farm, and once a large (harmless) carpet snake where I grew up (backed onto large area of native bush). So don't get the notion that they're a regular part of being here at ALL - same with the spiders. You can come and not worry - be delighted to have you!

Hi Kay!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 06:24 PM  
Helen

Good morning Thursday! Just here for my motivation boost.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-07-20, 07:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 7:
~7 km trail walk - I dusted off my Nordic walking poles last week, used them again today. They do add a little extra something to a long walk.
~30 min stretch class on Band app
~Yamuna’s hip & hamstring stretch and a lovely neck release with 15 min in my neck hammock & acupressure with my YTU balls
~Steps: 11,015

Cleda - 2020 is your year for sure, you have accomplished great things! Don’t let the critters stop you from visiting Australia....if we ever feel safe to travel again that is.... It is an amazing place!

Helen - I’m craving some variety, but at the same time I want to get through this next and final Essentrics certification.

Waves to Lili!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 05:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Love it when the group is active

Gives me the little PUSH that I need in the a.m. So I'm here to add to it!!!

Pam: I sighed when I read "if we ever feel safe to travel again that is". I was just thinking about that last night. I know it will come. It will just take time. Maybe a year or two or whatever. But we will get through this and when we do??? Look out!!!

Which brings me to:

Helen:
yep ... nods head. Your trip to the USA got postponed, but who knows? Maybe some year I'll turn up on your doorstep! Glad you're checking in more frequently. It helps. Birds of a feather and all that you know. As for the Grateful Dead ?? No ... It's more of a pot smoking, hippie band of the 60s. Or at least the songs I listen to of them. ha! And this is the song "A Touch of Gray". I laugh cuz Denis always says, "And those of us with a touch of gray .... need to cool down and warm up." Makes me giggle every single time.

Ok, so you had me curious! According to Wikipedia on quick google search:

Jerry Garcia / David Grisman. Website. dead .net. Past members. The Grateful Dead was an American rock band formed in 1965 in Palo Alto, California. The band is known for its eclectic style, which fused elements of rock, folk, country, jazz, bluegrass, blues, gospel, and psychedelic rock; for live performances of lengthy instrumental jams; and for its devoted fan base, known as " Deadheads ".

There you have it.

Waves to Lili and Kay! (and all lurkers)

On to me, me and all me.

10/7/2020: Practice for RECESS which is coming up when I finish this last week (it's all endurance this week, so I'll throw other stuff in with it!) Adrian's 30 minute run/walk on the treadmill. (actually felt fine. I have been doing the bootcamps, so I wanted to see what straight running or in this case run/jog or run/walk felt like ! Felt pretty darn good.) Followed with Sundays With Love with Ally. Nancy and I have not been doing them with the challenge and I miss them. I miss Ally and her messages and her push and her music and I just needed a dose of Ally and a message. Her Virtue was COURAGE. It felt wonderful!!! I am so glad I did it (and as usual, she brought me to tears .... that hasn't happened in a long time on the bike. I don't generally cry during the power zone rides. )

My new Challenge begins on November 9th. So I do have a lot of time off in between them. YAY ME ... RECESS .....

Ok, I'm procrastinating and I don't think I'll get a work out in this a.m., which means I'll be doing it after work and I'm ok with that. Maybe a quick 10 or 15 minute pre mix of KCM to get me going before work. Or not.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 06:21 AM  
Helen

Thu., 8th Oct.
30min dog walk
just a finished, buddy called and invited us to do a hill climb/beach walk instead as it was hot inside her house, so added:
60min 2 laps of long stairs down hill to the beach & back
they (buddy & her DH & dog) did an extra lap, but it was getting dark by then & part of it has no built path, but a rocky steep bit & I didn't want to risk a mis-step on that section. Still playing safe with my knee - besides, it was ~90 floors already, according to FitBit.

CLEDA
Yes, my trip is postponed indefinitely, for obvious reasons.
By the time your challenge starts (9th of Nov.) you should have an election result.
My complete ignorance of modern music has been exposed.

PAM
The final stage of certification - yes, I understand the push to finish; but I need variety - do NOT enjoy doing a workout I've done within the past month - except when learning complex moves.

HI LILI & KAY!!

Wow - it's Friday tomorrow - last Friday of holidays!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-08-20, 08:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 8:
~Essentrics class
~15 Minute Full Body Kettlebell W/O (YT)
~Shakti Warrior Dance for Healing: lesson 1 - Sherry7899 posted a link for this series on Daily Om. It’s by Alice Bracegirdle of BellyFit, she is a local girl. It’s a series of 20 minute BF workouts, a new one is released every day for 10 days. I will have unlimited access to them after. It was very nice!
~Neighbourhood/trail walk
~45 min of therapeutics....headstand, neck hammock, YTU neck release, hip & hamstring focused yin poses.
~Steps: 8554

Waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 05:23 AM  
Helen

Fri., 9th Oct.
90min dog walk at consistent pace with Steve - Podrunner - Recovery Mix 2 + 3

Was cleaning the bathroom window, standing on bath surrounds & stepped down to the floor with my 'bad' leg - OUCH!!! Settled after 5min but put the kibosh on any other plans. Eventually took Alice for a 90min walk downtown in the evening.

Restrictions must have been lifted as all the restaurants & bars were FULL. Warm night, no chance of rain - everyone was out enjoying it.

DH won't be home until next weekend, so have another full week on my own.

Oh - today there was an email that one of our teachers died yesterday - head of computer studies. Just the loveliest man! Calm, softly spoken, and super clever. His name was Brian but his nickname was Brain. He was lean without being gaunt, rode his bike to work every day. Died of a heart attack whilst surfing. He was only 55.

That was another setback for my day. Been feeling very philosophical.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-09-20, 04:38 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

10/7 - dog walk
Quick Fix 10 Min. Solution Total Body Tone
10/8 - dog walk
30 min. with Leslie
10/9 - 15 min. Quick Walk w/ Jessica
30 min. Walk & Run w/ Selena
10 min. Cool Down Walk w/ Becs Gentry
not sure if the dogs will get walked.

It's been a low energy week, combined with hubby coming home from his mother's needing to talk. Short day Wednesday.
I helped my DD out on Thursday with Zoom schooling while she had an appointment and SIL had a meeting. Started late, so not much of a workout.
Finally had a chance to push myself today.

Helen - it doesn't take much to tweak an already iffy knee. Mine has only locked up a few times, always while laying down, and is very painful for the few seconds that it's happening. This is the first time it's bothered me the next day.
Pam - I agree about wanting good sleep EVERY night. I've used the magnesium in the past with some success. This time around I've only had one really good night and a few better than average nights. We'll see.
Cleda - variety helps me stay motivated. Having a plan, which I haven't followed very well, also helps me. Trying some of these workouts should lead to clearing out some space as I get rid of them. I can toss most things, but I have trouble getting rid of workouts. Considering I seem to want to do streaming workouts, you'd think I could toss them all!

4/15 virgins/dustbunnies

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 06:09 PM  
Helen

Good morning! It's Saturday!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.