Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-20, 04:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, holding you and your mom in prayer.

Diana and Cheryl, washable (non-wool) knitted hats have been really appreciated by the homeless around here. She moved back to Kansas, but for a while one of my church friends was known as the hat lady. She couldn't even knit but used a circular loom. Thick socks are also important when the weather gets cold.

Linda, prayers for you and what you're going through. What a blessing that man is!

Check-in: stayed inside today. After the heat wave, it's quite chilly. Walked a mile with Leslie and did the abs chapter of a Weighter Watchers ball DVD with Lisa Wheeler. I love abwork with the ball for the lower back support. Not a one of her moves had the back on the ball! But it was very good.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 08:26 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's Upper Body Strength Workout with Dumbbells. And DD and I walked this morning through the neighborhood.

Cynthia, we had socks before, but in TX during the summer we had flip-flops. The hats are a great idea.

Diana, you are keeping busy with a lot of wonderful things. So happy to hear about how your new life is going!

Lynn, praying for your mother. Good to hear that your DS is doing well and calling you a lot. It speaks a lot to his character.

Linda, you certainly don't look like you are close to 70. And your SO sounds like a great guy. Glad you have his support@

Cheryl
Old 10-06-20, 08:46 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I had a busy day and I'm really tired since I didn't get enough sleep last night.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 09:04 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cheryl, is Heather Robertson on YouTube? Thank you!! My dad's side of the family had very few wrinkles and even fewer gray hairs. The man is 13 years younger than me and says he likes my sparkly silver hair when he can find it. Lol. It probably helps that I've worn sunscreen everyday for 35 years.

Cynthia, yes, the man is a blessing. His entire family is. He was raised in the church and can quote scripture I don't remember hearing or reading. His BIL is a minister. His father was an elder. They're good people.

Diana, get some rest. Come up here and get a good dose of mountain air. You'll sleep. The man gets 3 or 4 hours sleep a day after working nights. When he comes here he sleeps 10 or 12 hours each day/night.

Lynn, did you get to talk to your parents today? Where is your son?

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 08:19 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Linda Mountain air would be great. Actually we are going on vacation this coming week. I look forward to doing nothing. LOL

Last night: Basic Stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-07-20, 07:00 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I never knew or needed to know about AQI, air quality index, until recently. The air went from good to moderate today. I can smell smoke. Taking the day off exercise.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 07:53 PM  
seabliss

Rest day! I did walk a mile this morning but that's it.

Linda, yes, Heather Robertson is on Youtube. And I am a dedicated sunscreen wearer also!

Diana, vacation sounds good. Are you going to NC?

Cynthia, keep those lungs safe. I hope it clears out soon.

Cheryl
Old 10-07-20, 08:18 PM  
lynnf

Yoga class 10. This beginners class is hard! My mom is doing quite well, which is really great news. She got out of bed and the nerve block and feeding tube is out. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. They are planning to send her to rehab soon. We are thinking of a place near their house so dad can go by and visit at least outdoors. Yesterday she asked to talk to all 3 of her kids so I spoke to her on the phone. She was still a bit confused, but definitely better.

Linda, I join the chorus in saying you don't look close to 70! My shoulder has been an issue for a while and I'm not sure what it is. I am fine with shoulder presses straight up, but with a snow angel type move, my left arm can only go about 130 degrees up from the bottom and at that point it hurts to go higher. Any suggestions? And BTW my son moved to LA for grad school.

Diana, have fun on vacation. You and your DH always find nice places to go and fun things to do. And it sounds like you are ready for some time off.

Cheryl, sounds like you are really settled in now. How is DD doing in her new environment? Is she in a new school or in the old school remote?

Cynthia, sorry to hear the air is bad again, but good not to exercise in it. Looking forward to colder weather and wearing the hat you made for me. Love it!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 09:52 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Another busy day. No workout to report.

We are going to Atlantic Beach, NC. The last couple years the hotel we go to was under construction from hurricane damage.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-08-20, 08:48 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic Stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana