Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-20, 07:28 AM  
Helen

Thanks Vannie - I wasn't close to him but we crossed paths ~2x/week. Back to work tomorrow - will see how people are feeling about it.
Definitely put things in a different perspective.

Sunday
55min, Les Mills - Body Step 70, 6" - knee in a stiff sock thing - definitely helped.
60min dog walk
Monday
30min, Tony - P90 (new) - Sculpt B
14min, Tony - P90 (new) - Ab Ripper A
with buddy

First day back at work - sigh.....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 01:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I'm still here. I did yoga or CS four mornings last week. I don't remember what else. I think Wed I did day 7 of the Crossrope beginner's challenge and TF Stretch 10. I was determined to get back on track today but I felt sick when I went to bed last night and was awake most of the night. Still not great today so I'm taking it easy, watching too much TV. I swear, every time I saw I am determined to get back on track I end up with a migraine or SI joints out of whack or smthg! I can't believe Halloween is less than three weeks away. I keep adding little things. Saturday I added three ghosts and I armed my skeletons with axes and a sickle! And I have floating glowing witch hats now.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 02:30 AM  
Helen

Oh Vannie - that's like a double whammy to plan with determination to get back on track and get that firmly halted by feeling sick.
NOT feeling sick, though, after having been, can feel SO incredibly GOOD that you may well bounce back with even more gusto!

Tuesday
only fit in a dog walk, but it was at a brisk pace set by Podrunner (136 bpm) and included lots of hill climbing. This was deliberate as I knew I only had enough time to either exercise alone OR walk Alice - so raised the standard of her walk.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-16-20, 07:57 AM  
SandyO

buff, Gone Adventuring looks like a good channel. I love stability ball workouts. I'll be trying her soon.

Baby Bunny really isn't a baby anymore. So far she seems settled in for the long haul, and why not? Food every day, a shed to live under, and a pile of sticks behind the shed to hide in? I am so hoping she is a she, so there can be babies in the yard in the spring.

Healing still slow going. I have started introducing treadmill walking, so I can still get in miles in inclement weather.

Sandy O
Old 10-16-20, 06:33 PM  
Helen

Wednesday - an hour's brisk walk
Thursday - Les Mills Body Step 59
Friday - nothing, it's the day I grind to a halt after work
Saturday - 48min, Cathe - High Step Training - Lower & Upper Body Only Mix
Sunday - nothing, as DH's b'day & it rained most of the day
Monday - 58min, karen Voight - Ultimate Step Circuit

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-19-20, 01:48 PM  
buffmama

Major eczema flare up at the end of week left me depleted. Went to Urgent Care Friday night and my PCP this AM. I am hoping things will improve rapidly but apparently I need to work on my stress management. And here I thought I was.... Poor sleep due to the itching and achy wrists due to the swelling so I've been working on my ahimsa practice and looking forward to returning to my normal scheduled workouts.
Old 10-20-20, 06:05 AM  
Helen

Oh I'm so sorry Buff - I can feel your eye rolling from here about "managing your stress" when you had been trying, and then the flare up just ADDS stress.

Tuesday
46min, Leslie - Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan - Purple + Green + Yellow Mile Mix
10min, KCM - The Shape of Things to Come - Chest & Abs Addon, 6kg (13.2lb) D-bells

Leslie is always modest, but that's what I need to be able to just DO a workout without THINKING about my knee the whole time. Can do MOST of a Les Mills Step workout, but there's still that edge of concern that one wrong move will set me way back; and I'm still too scared to skate - haven't worn them since August.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-21-20, 07:39 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Major eczema flare up at the end of week left me depleted.
That doesn't sound like fun. I hope things are improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Leslie is always modest, but that's what I need to be able to just DO a workout without THINKING about my knee the whole time. Can do MOST of a Les Mills Step workout, but there's still that edge of concern that one wrong move will set me way back; and I'm still too scared to skate - haven't worn them since August.
I can totally relate. I wanted to do the Christi Taylor Stage Two Hi/Lo and Step workouts from Fantastic 4, but I can trip doing those on a good day, so with my questionable hamstring/butt it's a no go.

Vannie
, I thought of you as we hiked at Northwest the past few days as the temps finally got down to a hard freeze!

Sandy O
Old 10-21-20, 07:43 AM  
Vantreesta

We got probably 3 inches of wet heavy snow yesterday. It came down pretty much the whole time we had daylight. It's unusual to have it stick and accumulate like this for the first snow if the season. Well, I guess it did spit a long time the day before and not stick, but still unusual. The snow is so heavy it weighed down the bushes and my lights are probably almost on the ground now.

I don't know why I can't get myself together to post and stick to my workouts. My new computer did come last week and hubby got it ready for me so maybe that will get me posting more and then I'll need smthg to report!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 09:52 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
We got probably 3 inches of wet heavy snow yesterday. It came down pretty much the whole time we had daylight. It's unusual to have it stick and accumulate like this for the first snow if the season. Well, I guess it did spit a long time the day before and not stick, but still unusual. The snow is so heavy it weighed down the bushes and my lights are probably almost on the ground now.

I don't know why I can't get myself together to post and stick to my workouts. My new computer did come last week and hubby got it ready for me so maybe that will get me posting more and then I'll need smthg to report!
That's why we went to Northwest Sun-Tue. It would be so sloppy there today. Even a walk on the path could be messy if they didn't plow it.

Yay for a new computer, now get your mojo back.