Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-20, 11:05 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi friends!
Today was the last STS Plyo Legs workout. A mix of several weighted exercises and unweighted plyo. Last week I used two 30s. This week I used two 20s. All the reps are 12-15 so I just kept it a little lighter.
I followed that with a Yoga practice on Gaia by Tiffany Bush called Sturdy Stretchy Hammies. It wasn't the greatest Yoga but it did have some really nice leg and hip stretches which was just what I needed after leg day.

Almost made it into full splits today.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 11:21 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hi friends!
Today was the last STS Plyo Legs workout. A mix of several weighted exercises and unweighted plyo. Last week I used two 30s. This week I used two 20s. All the reps are 12-15 so I just kept it a little lighter.
I followed that with a Yoga practice on Gaia by Tiffany Bush called Sturdy Stretchy Hammies. It wasn't the greatest Yoga but it did have some really nice leg and hip stretches which was just what I needed after leg day.

Kate You're a rock star!!!!
Old 10-28-20, 11:41 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: I'm very short..5.1 and have short stocky legs. So when I can get into full splits I'm pretty happy.
Oh but wait...I haven't actually gotten all the way down into full splits since I was a teenager but I'm oh-so-close.

Thanks!!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 10-28-20, 12:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kate full splits ..wow! I have never been able to do that.

Kim you changed to a kitty in your avatar and I didn't know who you were, lol. Had already gotten used to other! I do have a pic of my kitty on my profile page here. I'd have to email if you still don't get your Cathes today. You are so close it makes no sense you shouldn't have by now.

Jules won the reviews race but, wow, how do you have the patience to do that long of a yoga /mobility workout? You know, I saw that premix and I thought..who will choose that? Well, I guess Cathe knows she has Jules. I only did the Mobility basics so far but loved it. I'm not doing the other workouts in the series yet.

Malinda a puzzle mat flooring in the Shred Shed would be better than the carpet I have now. That may or may not ever happen though.

Toughest workout I have done lately has been Les Mills Combat Kata. So..much..fun! Otherwise have been sticking to mobility, pilates and CS.

I'll come back and edit this post with more today ..so quick update did S90 Core dynamics and S90 Tabata Inferno and tacked on Cathe's Perfect 30 Mobility stretch premix.
Re: Kata..I can't do those knee jumps. I look like I'm trying to jump up a stair and missing it..haha!

Hearts and Hugs to all Fitchicks!!

PS Jules please keep us posted on your health and your family's.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 02:49 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! I'm a bit behind in the check-in here. Lots going on! My son is in quarantine as of this morning since one of his basketball teammates tested positive. Our school's principal also tested positive and my boss is waiting for the results of her test. I don't know if I will be considered a close contact or not? I feel fine.

I was running short on time this morning after all the craziness, so I did Travis' Short & Sweet #1. I might do something else after work.

Yesterday I did Travis' Short & Sweet #3 followed by Flexibility & Beyond: Short & Sweet. It is a Short & Sweet kind of week!

On Monday I did Flexibility & Beyond: Splits. (Kate - I am nowhere near doing the splits yet. You must be very flexible!) Sunday's workout was Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti Solar Flow #1. This was quite challenging for me. I don't have a good wall for handstands where I work out.

Malinda- Your workout room sounds fab! I had to give mine up to my kids but I will get it back some day.

Kate: P.E. class with your grandbaby sounds like a blast!

Kim: Fingers crossed your DVDs arrive soon!

Linda: Love Kata! Nice work.

horusosiris: Did you try Mobility yet?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 05:27 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kate full splits ..wow! I have never been able to do that.

Kim you changed to a kitty in your avatar and I didn't know who you were, lol. Had already gotten used to other! I do have a pic of my kitty on my profile page here. I'd have to email if you still don't get your Cathes today. You are so close it makes no sense you shouldn't have by now.

Jules won the reviews race but, wow, how do you have the patience to do that long of a yoga /mobility workout? You know, I saw that premix and I thought..who will choose that? Well, I guess Cathe knows she has Jules. I only did the Mobility basics so far but loved it. I'm not doing the other workouts in the series yet.

Malinda a puzzle mat flooring in the Shred Shed would be better than the carpet I have now. That may or may not ever happen though.

Toughest workout I have done lately has been Les Mills Combat Kata. So..much..fun! Otherwise have been sticking to mobility, pilates and CS.

I'll come back and edit this post with more today ..so quick update did S90 Core dynamics and S90 Tabata Inferno and tacked on Cathe's Perfect 30 Mobility stretch premix.
Re: Kata..I can't do those knee jumps. I look like I'm trying to jump up a stair and missing it..haha!

Hearts and Hugs to all Fitchicks!!

PS Jules please keep us posted on your health and your family's.
Linda I saw Minnie Pearl on your profile page. Such a cutie! Is that your photo too I saw? I love being able to see what each of us looks like. You're looking mighty fierce!
Old 10-28-20, 08:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Linda I saw Minnie Pearl on your profile page. Such a cutie! Is that your photo too I saw? I love being able to see what each of us looks like. You're looking mighty fierce!
Did you see me in my pink weightlifting gloves ?

And yes, that's my lil mischievous furball on my step.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 09:47 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hi friends!
s just what I needed after leg day.

Oh! I am impressed!

Happy Thursday

I did Cathe Live 320 Halloween Live today and I had so much fun! I laughed and laughed and laughed. Cathe had two others with her today and it was nice to see them.

Jules- I hope everyone is okay and the test results come back negative. I have done the mobility workout and I liked it.

Mickey - funny about the kata jumps!

Linda- are you doing a S90 rotation? I have not done those workouts in so long that I can hardly remember them. I do remember that they felt a bit rushed. Is that your impression?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 11:21 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!
Today I tried a couple of totally untried workouts. I have been dreading STS Step Moves and Athletic Step. I have never ever done them since the day I got Shock Cardio.
Now I know why.
So Step Moves wasn't actually too bad although I got lost on some of the choreography. Luckily you repeat it enough I could catch on, but never did give it my all as I was still figuring out the steps.
Then I added on Athletic Step. Nope...got so totally lost on the moves and Cathe really cues late on both of them. But I tried and now I've done them. I must say I probably won't do them again and I have other Cathe step workouts that I like much better.

Oh well. I had to try them though.

No Yoga yet...later.

Old 10-29-20, 12:23 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Did you see me in my pink weightlifting gloves ?

And yes, that's my lil mischievous furball on my step.
Linda, did you name your cat Minnie Pearl or did she come with that name? That's a famous name from the past for sure. (not that I'm trying to figure out how old you are or anything )